Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Murk crab mark in Dralnok's doom absent (not sure where post it)
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

There are 3 Murk Crab markers, whats the coordinates to the missing one?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

8830/46350 as I count
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Map Pack 3.7 v8.20.2014 is now available.

Please review patch notes and download below:

Enjoy!

All the dynamically generated machine tags I'm getting are Unamed entity and they're all using the same grey houselike icon. Is this a problem with the new mappack or with Istaria?

Never mind, they're working properly now.

I just now noticed Sslanis had the wrong map.def file included. I have fixed this and reuploaded the .zip and .exe files again. There is no new version number. But if you installed map pack since my latest post (since Delta 259-261 went live), please download again and reinstall. This will fix Sslanis map showing 1/4 scale size.

Just a FYI.

A guild mate could not get the game to load, he did some checking and he had an old mappack installed. So he deleted the old one and installed the new .exe one and everything worked fine
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I've double-checked that I deleted my override interface file, etc. ... back to using the default game map. But when I try to run the installer, when it gets to where it would start making changes (after you agree to directory and such), it gives me an internal error. I ran as Administrator if that matters. Any suggestions on what I should try next? Thanks!
    Yildar

Quote Originally Posted by Yildar View Post
    Any suggestions on what I should try next?
    I have never seen an internal error message while using installer. Any particular message it gives?
    I generally don't run as administrator. When you get to the step where you click the "Install" button, it usually just pops up a dialogue and asks for administrator permission (Yes/No button).

If you deleted the folders, then maybe try to double check its still not listed as an installed program (Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall Program). It should appear as "Map Pack 3.7" on the list. While normally that wouldn't matter (as it should always be able to perform an upgrade - overwrite previous versions), I did notice today I got two popup boxes (Asking twice for Admin permission) once with a yellow background and another with a Red background. The red background was around the step you said it gives an error. When I uninstalled it from Control panel, then reinstalled, then the 2nd red popup box didn't occur.

If still problems, another experiment you might want to try is to physically delete the ResourcesMeta.def file (before trying to install), from the /resources folder.
    Note if you do this and still have problems, you will need to do a full scan (trouble shoot button on launcher) to restore this file before the game would start correctly. This does not apply if you do get map pack to install.

Lastly if you just can not get the installer to install, then do the manual installation.

Grab mappack3.7_community_update_8.20.2014.zip from http://istariareference.com/mappack
    Unzip to your MAIN game folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria) - don't point to any subfolders, choose this directory.
    A manual install requires your to edit your /prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def . Edit this file with Notepad, near the bottom change:

string mapPath = "resources/interface/maps"

to

string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

You may need to open Notepad as administrator, or it might not let you save it.

Full instructions on how to do a manual install can be found at: http://istariareference.com/mappack_old.asp#install

Let me know how it goes. If you're still stuck, download Teamviewer from teamviewer.com and add me as a contact: [email protected] . I leave mine running all the time and can chat you in the program and/or connect and see if I can get it for you. I'm usually on somewhere around 10PM to 4AM Eastern time daily.

Manual install worked, whew! I missed having the info at my fingertips
    Error was "Error 1359: An internal error occurred."
    Yildar

I wrote a slight alternative (mod) to the mini-map windows that appears in Map Pack 3.7.

So, yes a mod for another mod, so to speak.

I have found that many like to use the mini-map exclusively for navigation, as I do. Only using regular map for searching markers or searching wide areas...

Screen space is at a premium, the mini-map (although small) is still a tad big on screen. A few pixels can make a big difference. So I tried to shrink it even furthur, but at a price.

So if you're willing to do a trade off, you might like this mod. This mod simply removes the top row of the mini map (that shows the compass, coordinates and time of day). But you gain a bit of vertical pixels. The screenshot below demonstrates how much is saved.

If you like to use the 'Compass' window, then you can still have Coordinates display in this window.
    Right click this window, choose "Show Position" to see Coordinates appear in the compass window!

This screenshot demonstrates the changes:

Note the blue text: Without Title means "Show Title" unchecked. With Title means "Show Title is checked.

The far right image (Normal w/Title) is how map pack currently looks (and close to how no map pack mod would look like).
    2nd from Right: How the mini map will look with mod installed (Notice how Y (top to bottom) is reduced)?! Saving you space on screen.
    3rd from Right: Same as 2nd from Right, except I have removed the Title bar).
    1st window: Simply shows how what to check/uncheck to have a Title or not. Right click almost any window in game to see this menu!

Again, this smaller mini-map window is a trade-off. You lose Compass, Time, and Coordinates (Top of window). But you can still use "Compass" window to see the info lost on Mini map.

If you don't like the mod and didn't make a backup, then simply Download and Reinstall Map Pack to undo.

If you have map pack installed and wish to try this mod, then download below zip and extract in your MAIN game folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria) folder.

Last edited by Cegaiel; August 30th, 2014 at 06:16 AM.

I took another look at Mini Map today and found a different approach and some other integers I could manipulate for even more "compression" to the size of the window. As usual I find something later, after the fact

I like this far better than my post from yesterday . Additionally, I have a couple of new and different mini map mods styles to offer.

Note the green boxes above, simply demonstrate the vertical space saved compared to the current (unmodified) mini map (far right image). Unlike yesterday's post, I have the "Title" bar, on top, unchecked/disabled on all screenshots to make it easier to compare.

• Far Right Image: This is the original, unmodified version of mini map that comes with map pack 3.7 currently (Displayed for comparison purposes). Except for the extra buttons, this is also the same size as the mini map that comes in the standard game (with no map pack installed).

• 2nd from Right Image: This is a duplicate of current mini map (in map pack), but with some new compression added.
      NOTE: This one will be included (and replace) NEXT map pack release (and subsequent versions). However, you can get it now if you wish! This is called MOD_Large_Minimap.zip

• 3rd from Right Image: This is mini map without the Compass. But it does include the numbers of (Map Coordinates, Position Coordinates, World Time). This is called MOD_Medium_MiniMap.zip

• Left Image: This is the same mini map I posted yesterday, but even a tad smaller. This is still called MOD_Small_MiniMap.zip. This is also smaller than yesterday's post. Additionally the .zip file has been replaced since yesterday (Redownload & Replace, if you installed this already).

If you wish to experiment, download one of the below .zip files and unzip to your MAIN game folder (Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria). Optionally, feel free to make a backup of /resources_override/resources/interface/themes/default/defs/UIMiniMapWindow.def before installing the mod. This is the file that gets replaced by the mods.

If you installed map pack with the installer, then you can undo any changes by going to Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program. Highlight Map Pack 3.7 then click Repair button. Or if you manually installed map pack, then just unzip map pack again to undo changes.

• MOD_Large_Minimap.zip - Replacement for current map pack's mini-map, only a tad smaller vertically.
      Will be included in next version of map pack. This is a sneak peek for next map pack's mini-map.
    • MOD_Medium_MiniMap.zip - No Compass, but has small strip at top for Mouse Coords, Current Position, World Time
    • MOD_Small_MiniMap.zip - No Compass, No Mouse Coords, Current Position or World Time (Bare bones) - Replaces yesterday's post!

My personal preference: I like using MOD_Medium_MiniMap.zip and also use the "Compass" window, in a seperate window (beside the Status window). Same vertical space utilized (in a side by side window).

Here is an example of how I use this layout:

I have made available an upgrade to the Istaria World Map for current Map Pack users, using the latest available version (8.20.2014 or later). I'll try to update the Map Pack page in the next day or two. Not only for info/links to this upgrade, but also the Mini-Map mods on previous posts.

Currently your Istaria World Map is 500x500 resolution (map pack now uses images from default game folder - /resources folder; there is no Istaria terrain folder with images in it anymore). If you remember the old game images (before August 19, 2014 patch), those were only 256x256 resolution, so even the base game images (/resources) are quite an improvement at 500x500. 500x500 was decided to be the best balance of sharpness without using too much texture memory (and increasing odds for crashing while the game map was open and being used by clicking around the map). The higher the resolution, the higher the file size and texture memory required. The average size of the current games' 500x500 version is about 430Kb per image. The upgrade will result in your resolution increasing to 750x750 and the average size of each image will increase to about 935Kb.

This upgrade is for those wanting a little more "oompf" to the maps' detail AND have a descent system to handle it. I'm using the upgrade just fine on 4Gb RAM and a 1Gb video card. If you are using Integrated Graphics (no video card, sharing computer memory) or only have like 1Gb system RAM or 256-512Mb video card, this is not likely for you.

The upgrade will increase your map to 750x750 resolution when using Istaria World Map ("Istaria" in pulldown menu in game map, not City or Island maps - most city/island maps are already 1000x1000), resulting in a 50% increase to the sharpness of the map. Note I resized the original 1000x1000 (that the new map was created, but not released) and resized down to 750x750. I did not resize the 500x500 version up to 750x750 (which would've resulted in loss of sharpness and pointless). No, the 1000x1000 version is not available, currently. This uses too much texture memory and can cause frequent crashes on sub par systems (when game map is open). Plus its 245Mb anyways, quite a big file . Possibly an option to download in the future for those wanting to test and try it out (would be about an average of 1.67Mb per image, quite an increase from the average of 430Kb per image (almost 4 fold)).

500x500 Resolution (This is what you currently see in game - with or without mappack installed):

750x750 Resolution (This is the upgrade, resulting in +50% sharpness increase):

If you look at both images, you probably won't notice the difference, right away. Try to focus on Delgrath (left side of screen). Note the wood boards (planks) that surround the city, note the tiny buildings inside the town. Now look at the blighted area on right side. Look at the structures (buildings, walls, etc). You should now see some extra sharpness in the details. These screenshots are in an area without too many buildings. You will however, notice the difference in other places throughout Istaria, though. This upgrade only applies to the actual Istaria Map, not city maps (such as Dalimond, Sslanis, etc. These are already high resolution maps, most are 1000x1000 resolution, about as good as its going to get).

Please Note: If your computer isn't quite so beefy and you start clicking around in the game map like crazy (making it scroll to different locations) too quickly, you might find your game crashing. Try to click around in game map slower if this start happening. Please don't bother Istaria Support saying your game crashes more often now after installing this upgrade. Uninstall it, if that is the case!

Patch Notes: This upgrade does not modify any of the .def files. The .zip/.exe ONLY contains images (.png) files. It will install to your /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/istaria/terrain folder. (Yes, it will create the terrain folder, since it no longer exists in map pack). This will override the games' default Istaria images and start using the new (and higher resolution) images.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download 750x750 resolution Istaria Map Upgrade - Map Pack users (~145Mb):

EXE Installer File (You can uninstall from Control Panel - Uninstall a program: "Map Pack 3.7 - Istaria World Map Upgrade - 750x750" is the listing that appears (if you use the EXE Installer).

Download: EXE Installer

ZIP (Manual) File:

Download: ZIP Install (Unzip to Main Game folder, Likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria)

If not a burden to your system, I hope you enjoy
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 12th, 2014 at 09:19 AM.

I was being lazy on yesterday's post. The two screenshots of the 500x500 and 750x750 is difficult to tell the difference (even side by side). Here is an animated GIF image that cycles between normal (500x500) resolution and medium (750x750). You should now be able to see the difference. Just watch the image as it cycles (slideshow/animates) the two different images. Focus your attention to different areas on the image (while it animates). You should notice the increase in sharpness.

Last edited by Yfelvik; December 23rd, 2014 at 06:01 AM.

Fairly minor update, but Map Pack 3.7 - 9.22.2014 is now available.

Hotfix for broken Sslanis map is now available (v10.3.2014).

Your Sslanis map may appear very tiny. This will fix the 9.22.2014 version, when it got broken.

Map Pack v 11.29.2014 is now available. Low-Mid level update, with 1156 changes...
    Mostly improves search results in the game map, but also adds standardization to common resource names that appear in game.

Sorry if this post doesn't belong here, I just wanted to let you know that there's a marker in the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands indicating Weaker Risen Marauders. However, they no longer spawn in that location, and are replaced by Elite Bone Vindicators instead. c:

Quote Originally Posted by Kidakins View Post
    Sorry if this post doesn't belong here, I just wanted to let you know that there's a marker in the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands indicating Weaker Risen Marauders. However, they no longer spawn in that location, and are replaced by Elite Bone Vindicators instead. c:
    Thanks, got it! (Sorry I stole your catch phrase Amon )

Thread Information