Thread: (application got unhandled exception and the application is closing.)

Lair - Scorpion Bay (South of landing pad)

Default (application got unhandled exception and the application is closing.)

hey i have a laptop with 1 video card shared memory i hope i can get my laptop to play istaria. i tried playing around with troubleshooting and Cega tried helping me, didnt work.

(application got unhandled exception and the application is closing. Would you like to send crash error report?)

thats what i get when i try to play. anyone have any ideas?

Default Re: (application got unhandled exception and the application is closing.)

What is the make and model of your laptop?

Also, are there any error codes associated with this error prompt?
    rip

Default Re: (application got unhandled exception and the application is closing.)

Also, What kind of card is it? On Win 7, go to Control Panel, System and Security, System... On left window pane, click Device Manager. Expand the "Display Adapters" arrow. What does that say?

Win XP: Control Panel, System, Hardware tab at top, then click Device Manager button.

Possibly might be better drivers out, that could help.

I don't suppose you have a docking station? Some docking stations have slots that you can add other cards inside of it.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Video AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics
    Model Presario CQ57 Notebook PC
    Make USER-HP

and no there was no other error codes

no docking station

I see that's a notebook. Those aren't very good for playing games. Still worth a shot on grabbing the latest video driver. I couldn't give a direct link because there are 16 models that start with Presario CQ57 , so theres more number missing from the model number. Should be a label on the back or bottom. But start at THIS LINK and finish the search. Select OS system, hit Next. The page doesn't changed, but new options will show at bottom. Expand the Driver-Graphics link and download/install that. It most likely would already have that driver, if you bought it new. But if not, a chance it just has the generic driver from Windows Update site. Worth a shot.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

You may also check if you have the latest JAVA installed, download here: http://www.java.com
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

got the latest java and latest driver. i guess my laptop is not powerful enough. however my boyfriend has an alienware sitting in his closet. i talked him into setting it up and using it full time so he trades me his old laptop :P so i might be able to log in some time this month.

Well my boyfriends alienware is set up and i have his laptop now...he told me istaria would run on this laptop but just now i find out this is another shared memory video...

-_-

anyways i'm installing istaria now, keeping my claws crossed.

omg finally it worked. not as well as when i played on the other laptop but it works pretty well on medium graphic settings

see you guys in game

Thread Information