Thread: Claw Advice

Question Claw Advice

Thank you Alisto for kindly explaining the techs and how they work... I finally get it, lol. My scales are finished and now I am ready to tackle the claw! It appears that I have four different tech kits to choose from:

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Sharper - Gives +dps and +to-hit. Applies to all attacks.
    Battle Forged - Gives +dps and +tooth and claw skill. Applies to all attacks.
    Deadly - Gives +dps for the Ravage ability ONLY as well as +to-hit
    Rending - Each melee attack with a claw teched with this has a 15% chance to apply a bleed effect.
    How in the world do I decide. They all sound so neat! Can I use more than one on the same claw?? Should I have two sockets or just one? I would love to hear some input on these. What has been successful and what hasn't.

Thanks!
    Krit

Default Re: Claw Advice

Battle-forged all the way!!
    Pretty sure it's been shown by arena fighters that it has the greatest increase to your damage.
    And no you can only have one tech of this type on a claw.
    And yes, makes sure you have two sockets then. One for your Arop crystal and another of your choosing.
    At least that's how I roll
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Battle-forged all the way!!
    Pretty sure it's been shown by arena fighters that it has the greatest increase to your damage.
    This is true It does give the highest damage increase, out of the crafted tech kits anyway.

For general hunting, I use Sharper. My ancient dragon isn't a Lunus (And his TP are all messed up too at the moment >.>) so he doesn't have as high t/c or dex as he normally would - so I use sharper for the extra to-hit.

If I had 600 tp in tooth and claw and some in strength or dex, I'd go with the Battle forged because I wouldn't need the extra hit.

Deadly I've seen is mainly used by caster dragons who want to get the most out of a decent melee ability (ravage), though in my opinion Sharper V is better for casters as their melee hit chance is quite low (usually) and the gain to Ravage doesn't outweigh the damage increase Sharper/b-forged would give to every single attack.

As for rending...I personally never use this for general stuff, as my gold rage kills almost everything the first time around anyway and even if it doesn't, my target doesn't live long enough for me to want a ~80dmg/tick DoT and give up hit chance. However, it is wonderful against some epic mobs. I could also see a caster using it if they wanted to apply the DoT and then kite with AoEs.

Altiso has it down pretty well.

I would make 2 claws with battleforged, 2 sockets. It's always handy to have a second one for experimenting with different crystals.

Also make 2 with rending. One with rending and 2 sockets for general use, and a second with rending and a single socket. One of the new techs (Ironwood grip or something) can go along with Rending.

Also, if you have a bone seeking tech (comes from the tier2 quest chain that sends you south of Dalimond), make yet another claw with only a single socket, then apply bone seeking and battleforged. This would be your undead attacking claw. So Reklar, and some of the other ED mobs, or use it with a talisman such as Revelry, when hunting the wisps on satyr islands.

Ok, my Lunus dragon is getting Battle Forged for sure! But my Helian caster is always problem child, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    For general hunting, I use Sharper. My ancient dragon isn't a Lunus (And his TP are all messed up too at the moment >.>) so he doesn't have as high t/c or dex as he normally would - so I use sharper for the extra to-hit.

Deadly I've seen is mainly used by caster dragons who want to get the most out of a decent melee ability (ravage), though in my opinion Sharper V is better for casters as their melee hit chance is quite low (usually) and the gain to Ravage doesn't outweigh the damage increase Sharper/b-forged would give to every single attack. .
    Oh wow, now that makes a lot of sence... Krit is primarily a caster (tp in primal & power) and my Gold Rage keeps missing! Would the Sharper claw help my Gold Rage hit more often? Does Sharper also help the to-hit for spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Would the Sharper claw help my Gold Rage hit more often? Does Sharper also help the to-hit for spells?
    Yes to the first and no to the second

Thread Information