Thread: Burning Archer quest: Reason behind allowing ranger

Default Burning Archer quest: Reason behind allowing ranger

I have been wondering for a answer as to why ranger school was allowed to do the burning archer quest

Default Re: Burning Archer quest: Reason behind allowing ranger

Take a look into Delta 223:
    In order to make the Burning Archer quest more user-friendly as well as available to a wider selection of players we've done a minor revamp of the quest series. We've included some fixes and some changes that we hope will make both the quest and the ability more appealing.
    The Burning Archer quest series has been made available to level 90 Rangers in addition to Elemental Archers. This is a massive quest that culminates in a unique epic ability and we wish for more players to experience and enjoy it.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

h'm so IMO completely ruin / destroy the entire lore and/or story behind the original questline and take away from the ELAR class that made it a more unique class since the original design was it was only usable by a elar.

the reason I feel this way is because ranger has zero relation to the original quest since it only spoke of a elemental archer

Everyone plays RNG. They have Demon Flurry. They have Rangefinder. They have nature spells so they can rez. They can pretty much do everything. Why ruin it for the entire biped player base. Nope. Too bad it isn't even a worthwhile ability to use, just looks cool. Great.

I'm only play ELAR. Can't stand RNG, but you can see where they went with this. Haven't finished the quest yet, though I'll get around to it once I am done hunting trophies.
    rip

It is more for me that i feel the Dev team disregarded the lore and story behind the quest. The ability itself is not bad and that it does add a flame dot to all in the effected area. It it also made ELAR more unique in the fact the spell/ability was only usable by a ELAR. As for ranger again it never had a relationship to ELAR and now they have both the Dark cyclone spell and the BA which is just a insult to the ELAR class and IMO i dont care what everyone else plays. i dont use ranger for one the worst bow skill per level and i already have enough nature based schools that i dont need another one

This gone live with the summer 2012 patch, I think it's a bit late complaining about it.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    It is more for me that i feel the Dev team disregarded the lore and story behind the quest. The ability itself is not bad and that it does add a flame dot to all in the effected area. It it also made ELAR more unique in the fact the spell/ability was only usable by a ELAR. As for ranger again it never had a relationship to ELAR and now they have both the Dark cyclone spell and the BA which is just a insult to the ELAR class and IMO i dont care what everyone else plays. i dont use ranger for one the worst bow skill per level and i already have enough nature based schools that i dont need another one
    I can understand people's reaction regarding the "quest" to get the Burning Archer Ability. It was completely centered on ELAR school.

However, once learned, I see no reason for a player to not be able to use it in any bow school. I would say add Scout to the classes that can use it.

But, I think it would be fine for the quest itself to require 90 ELAR and only ELAR, to do and complete. Once the player has earned Burning Archer by doing 90 ELAR and the quest, allowing its use in RNG and SCT seems fine. This alone would get more players using it.

I disagree that it is a useless ability, to me it seems to be the most powerful Epic "spell" the game has. The Combustion dot could use a bump, maybe make it more like Surthieums dot. More Damage, heals the player for the damage done.

and I say to the comment of allowing ranger and scout being able to use the ability, I still say no that the burning archer and the ability should have stayed pure as it once was obtainable and usable only by a elar. now I feel like I dropping my lvls 100 elar class because of what was done to both elar and the quest

and I say to the comment of allowing ranger and scout being able to use the ability, I still say no that the burning archer and the ability should have stayed pure as it once was obtainable and usable only by a elar. now I feel like I dropping my lvls 100 elar class because of what was done to both elar and the quest
    /Sarcastic on
    If they take it away from my Ranger now I'll drop my Ranger class - lol.
    Sarcastic off/

Untill the whole year this is already on the servers I've heard none complaining about. I say keep it as it is, it should be fun and usable for a wider range of players, this is exactly what they reached and I like it the way it is now.

It would not have really made a difference to complain they were set on changing it and it ruined the story and lore of the quest when it went live is when I retired my elar class and I really dislike ranger school in a general sense. As for fun I enjoyed it when it was elar. in a way it feels like the story and lore of any class specific hold no value anymore.
    Last edited by starlight; September 14th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.

so it does seem like I will have to accept what's was done to elar, but forever view this as one of the dumbest changes that done since I first began to play

Considering this complaint is months if not years too late it seems to me if this is just a complaint for the sakeof complaining. Personally i don't seehow giving another class burning archer effects ELAR one bit. I don'tmeanto sound like a.. but it is how i feel.

If you say: I really dislike ranger school in a general sense.
    and:
    i dont care what everyone else plays.

Then why would you care?
    Nothing is changed to Elar itself or is it?
    And personal lore-wise you can pretend you don't know other classes then Elar can do burning archer.

There is so much changed in Istaria over the years, to name a thing: I personally don't like the strict "tiering of the world" but it has no use to let it spoil your fun.

@Calyndrell
    Perhaps he/she just recently noticed it?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

It would not have really made a difference to complain they were set on changing it and it ruined the story and lore of the quest when it went live is when I retired my elar class and I really dislike ranger school in a general sense. As for fun I enjoyed it when it was elar. in a way it feels like the story and lore of any class specific hold no value anymore.
    Just get used to the nonsense. It's just another feature of the game, lol.

Lore took a backseat years ago. This so much is obvious.
    rip

[QUOTE=Dracillion;293088 Too bad it isn't even a worthwhile ability to use, just looks cool. Great.

I'm only play ELAR. Can't stand RNG, but you can see where they went with this. Haven't finished the quest yet, though I'll get around to it once I am done hunting trophies.[/QUOTE]

Now, how can you say it's useless when you haven't even recieved the spell, or been able to use it yet? 2nd Best Epic in the game far as i'm concerned

Volcano is the best.

Burning Archer effects are nice, but damage isn't there.

The lore is phenomenal.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    There is so much changed in Istaria over the years, to name a thing: I personally don't like the strict "tiering of the world" but it has no use to let it spoil your fun.
    ^this, I may not have been around before virtrium got their hands on Horizons/istaria, but I sure as heck remember having to go through the eastern deadlands as a 30/40-ish hatchling only to get to Draak.

and see in the patch notes the week or so after I do that, that they added a land bridge to draak which made my whole journey obsolete, if I had waited a few days. And did you hear me whine about it? propably/most likely yes. Afterwards, they dumbed down the RoP even more, did I get "annoyed" over that? sure.

but to keep this short, istaria changes over time, a LOT even for a game of it's age/history, and though some changes are better than others.

so yeah, I'll agree with both Sigi and Calyndrell, these changes will happen, and basicly the only thing you can do about it is just go with the flow.

Thread Information