Thread: This is what you call a reward?

Unhappy This is what you call a reward?

So this gnome has 181 loyalty points. I'd like to know what sadist designed the window to reclaim them. One at a time? And gloriously, the 181/1 seems to say you have 181 out of ONE, not you are going to redeem one out of the total, 181. Really? And what is that drop down window with two sorts of plot subscriptions there for? It doesn't seem to do anything at all, except make the whole process more confusing (see earlier remark about the sadist).

So okay, I reclaimed some and went to the NPC to see what I could get. And then comes the final sadistic twist. If you put a design on your armor or your shield, it becomes attuned and you can't store it anywhere except in your vault.
    I've complained about this before and I'm going to really SCREAM now because that's not a reward, it's a punishment.
    I don't store my armor in my vault. Why would I want to take up so much vault space? You devs think that's a good idea? Now I've got a shield I have to put in my vault and I'm not going to use the armor tech because why would I store my chest piece in my vault when all the rest of the suit is in a house?

Thanks again. I feel very disloyal.
    You can make it up to me. Give me a gnome house.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Default Re: This is what you call a reward?

Completely agree about the attunement part.

There's no need for something with a visual tech (just a fancy dye kit really) to make it attune.

I can understand the pets and cargo disks attuning. (not a fan of t6 disks attuning though)

Its attuned so that you can't give it to other players. The capability to store attuned items in structures you own is a backlog item for the Technical team.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

And giving it to another player is something that should be prohibited? Why?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    And giving it to another player is something that should be prohibited? Why?
    Because loyalty items are earned, not traded or given away. If other players want those same loyalty items, they can earn them.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Could also mention then if the items are soulbound to stop being tradeable to younger chars......why are the Tokens tradeable then?
    I see them on the consigner in Chaos NT all the time?

The rewards aren't even worth it. Just another fiasco.

Luckily I haven't used any of the kits as I personally did not like them, but sad knowing the OP's situation. Seems like an afterthought.

Hopefully we see better rewards come around. If indeed these tokens are meant for solely the account it's rewarded on, then they should fix the existing tradable and make it so. Though, any item actually worthwhile would be advantageou$.
    rip

I have to contradict vehemently , Dracillion.

Me and Flame and those I talked about, like the rewards very much.
    I have the wonderful banners on all my plot and Flame even created a little new room for the murals which look even better than the banners.

I like the headscales and love to have the phönix sitting on my shoulder.
    Did you take a good look at the disc? Awesome^^ not very useful- but well..

Though I understand Cixi`s anger- but Amon says they are working on this prob- and thats its ok with me for the moment.

And btw-
    THANK YOU devs for finally getting it ingame-nice gifts!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

The loyality items where never ment to be power ups, it's fluff, nice decor, rewarding those that have played for some time with a larger variaty of appearance options. I haven't build much of these things yet, but I've planned to craft a set of teched plate armor using the loyality stuff, those things look really great.

If it where power ups, the new players would have another large disadvantage, none wants that. It took them a (too) long time to get the loyality things into game, but finally we got it. I like it as it is, keep them devs - thank you.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Amon, any plans to add additional fluff items to the loyalty vendor?

I will be very happy the day I can store attuned items in housing.

The tokens are not attuned, and people are selling them on consigners all the time. Is this by design? Since the cat is out of the bag already, perhaps just the dye-kit equivalent items from the vendor could be made to not cause the item applied to to be attuned?

I only ask because we have soo much stuff already that attunes.

Example: Emblems. I have probably 30 emblems, with quests active to earn what seems like another 30 which I don't want to finish/turn-in yet. All attuned and taking up stacks.

You mentioned that on the pony list (not likely to ever happen list) they want to allow attuned items to store in player owned structures. I think this will be great. But what about others with access to the storage? Seems like this will be a tricky to accomplish task, which means it will keep getting pushed back.

Alternatively, why not reconsider making Emblems into a drop-down list in the equipment window. They "collect" into there, and we can pick one from the drop down menu to activate it. And free up 50 to 70 inventory stacks. Big alleviation of the inventory squeeze that attunement presents.

Also, be helpful if items that attune were given a lighter than average bulk value.

We aren't trying to give away "earned" items to other players.

We are just frustrated with attunement being used on soo many items.

Well said Guaran. If the player owned plot structure allowing storage of player's attuned items is too complex how about allowing player's own alts to store attuned items (as mule(s)) such items would still be coded to player name who earned items so they could not be used by the alt. In addition this approach should lighten the load of active stacks in the game

The player frustration with the continuing increase in attuned items does nothing but grow with passing time. A solution is sorely needed.

Knossos

You mentioned that on the pony list (not likely to ever happen list) they want to allow attuned items to store in player owned structures. I think this will be great. But what about others with access to the storage? Seems like this will be a tricky to accomplish task, which means it will keep getting pushed back.

Items have ownership, so not allowing someone to take an item they don't own out of a storage structure that isn't theirs was part of my request to the tech team. Not being able to place attuned items into structures you don't own was also part of it.

Alternatively, why not reconsider making Emblems into a drop-down list in the equipment window. They "collect" into there, and we can pick one from the drop down menu to activate it. And free up 50 to 70 inventory stacks. Big alleviation of the inventory squeeze that attunement presents.
    Pretty sure the answer to this is already in the Suggestions FAQ.

If possible I would solve it this way: the moment something attuned is placed into a room/storage, the storage is automatically set to "player only" so nobody could take it out. And the setting couldn't be changed as long as attuned items are inside.

*looks at his 53 emblems* Uh... Yes! ;D If not a dropdown I wonder if it can be changed into kind of ability or spell which gives you the title then.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

As far as the loyal token thing goes both are correct in their own right refering to some saying the token rewards are useless and some liking the rewards. some prefer a more practical / functional reward and some prefer more if a vanity type/ for show reward. Me personally ivfind the reward totally useless due they serve no functional use this is a personal feeling
    Last edited by starlight; October 8th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    As far as the loyal token thing goes both are correct in their own right refering to some saying the token rewards are useless and some liking the rewards. some prefer a more practical / functional reward and some prefer more if a vanity type/ for show reward. Me personally ivfind the reward totally useless due they serve no functional use this is a personal feeling
    Agree.
    None of it's useful to me (as i personally don't find the lair murals the prettiest we can choose from...), and as much as i would like a functional use it wouldn't seem fair on players who haven't been here as long.

Is why i give my loyalty tokens away every time lol, i'm kinda glad the tokens aren't attuned for this reason.

Thread Information