Thread: Absent for a bit

Default Absent for a bit

More so than usual...

This last Sunday even there was a big windstorm up my way. It took out the nearby AT&T tower which somehow took out my DSL connection. Supposedly DSL is connected to this tower which, via microwave, is connected to the nearby ACS (Alaska Communications System) tower which is connected to the fiber-optic network - confusing as I got my phone line back the day after the tower fell - and it all comes into the house via the same wire.

Regardless, there is no ETA for when things are going to be fixed. Last I heard there was rumor of AT&T bringing up a temporary tower, but the guys I was talking to who were on-site for clean-up didn't know if it was going to happen or not.

Tis truly amazing how much one relies on this ******** technology - never realizing it until it's gone. Gah - paying bills by check and or having to take a trip to the library (13mi away) to use their internet connection. Sure gave me an indication of how much time I spend online - have plenty of time for watching movies and reading books now.

In the meantime, hope everyone had a nice Halloween and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas (hope it isn't out that long)

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Absent for a bit

*serves Aaelefein a container full of delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*

Hope this keeps you warm until you blow back to us!

Default Re: Absent for a bit

Thanks Awdz

AT&T has been up here for a few days now working on dismantling the old tower. No word yet as to whether they are going to bring up a temporary tower or put in a new one - hope to find out sometime this week.

On a positive note, the weather is still very nice here. October broke almost all records for high temperatures for the month. Only a handful of frosty mornings, grass is still green in areas. First time I can remember a fall like this one - certainly not complaining as it helps the fuel oil last longer.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Thread Information