Thread: Watch for Connie 'thieves'.

Default Watch for Connie 'thieves'.

Ok, I admit, I was a stupid fool for putting anything on an open connie that I didn't want sold. Those of you who want to after the fact say "I told you so." can feel smug now. (Whydo these folks who don't even know mesend me a /tell? ::_shakes head :: )

For the rest of you. Deoir and I have an open Saris connie in Selen. It has, like most communities, been used to store materials for construction, for trade, etc. We like leaving it open for general use in the community. Generally I store bars/bricks/spools/orbs etc, on there at 1cwhile I gather a few thousand, then come back to apply.

Well I made the mistake of logging out to get some lunch and to get rid of the client lag, and when I got back all of my Iron bars were gone.It boggles me that someone might have added me to their friend's list to wait for me to log.

Anyways. Just so that people are aware. Perhaps it was'innocent', but the purchase of several thousand iron bars does notseem to click as 'casual buy'.

- HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

gopher65

Default Re: Watch for Connie 'thieves'.

Just the other day I was wandering along and came upon a guild plot. Clicked on the connie and they had 10000+ novian resources (manydifferent kinds)for 10cp each[:|]. I didn't buy any, since they were obviously there for the use of their guild, but they really should keep those in a safe place! Especially since those resouces have so little bulk.

There will always be people who steal, even worthless virtual items:(. I just wish there was some way to track connie sales when we were offline so we could report these people.

Ok, I feel a little wierd now. The majority of the folks I've met in game are awesome.Didn't mean to be a downer on anyone, just it was pretty frustrating, but it does point out that there are more security considerations now that there IS only one non-rp shard. After the recent merger, we just can't know ALL our neighbours and fellow Istarians like pre-merger.

If you've fought, lived, crafted, and died next to someone you tend to have a certain respect and esteem for them even if you don't see eye to eye on some topics. Haha... like just about coming to virtual blows over if and how much to charge for crafted goods. As you get to know folks, you know what you can expect from them. With this many new folks and with new people coming and going at a greater rate than ever some have gotten into the 'City' mentality as opposed to the 'village' mentality. That the large population allows them some anonimity, especially if they won't be around in a week/month/whatever.

Well, I'll be more aware, maybe even going into 'hide' mode like most of the folks I know (Maybe I'll catch the sucker ;) . Still frustrating, but that's the world we live in.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

:o if there was personal storage containers for property, like chests that you could grant and block access to, this wouldnt have to be the way to xfer items, or store resources for personal use...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Ken

Okay, this whole topic is odd. Why? This is obvious. I have thought about how Consigners within your own property can be good for storage in short term, as have you...obviously. However, it is in NO WAY theft for someone to use your public Consigner and buy what is a good deal. It is, rather, your own stupidity for not having high enough prices on them while they sit there to not get bought up. FYI, common sense usually applies. Try it.

Ken

I hate double replying, but...

Why not set your property as private and have yet another solution.

So, in summary, if you do not want someone to buy the stuff...do not put them in the local shop for next to free and leave the door open. Put a ridiculously high price on them and/or lock the front door.

gopher65

Um.... Seikojin, what do you mean? We have houses..... Some of them can store many times what a vault can....

What othertype ofpersonal storage could you be refering to?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Um.... Seikojin, what do you mean? We have houses..... Some of them can store many times what a vault can....

What othertype ofpersonal storage could you be refering to?

hhehe I agree completely with you....some people just don't have money because they don't go out and hunt and earn it like the rest of us...so they prefer to have an 'easy' solution that of course costs them nothing

*eyeroll*[:^)]

[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] I mean like a craftable container for your house... Like a treaure chest...

Its more for a personal look to the houses... Which all are empty spaces for almost nothing but standing in and having NPC's in. If thats the case, why not have Little houses everywhere... I dont see the point in having Huge open spaced houses for a single or five Npc's...

I know alot of people use their houses for guild stuff, fine... But there are more residential building with no real prupose other than to look like a house apparently... Just wish they had things for them, like furniture and chests.

Making the chests would take time and resources btw, so it wouldnt really be either easy or free. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

This has nothing to do with money... Its all about personality... The houses are bland and dry. Enemies dont attack them yet, and they sit there like a waste of space. Sure you can use a connie on it, or have some trainers, or merchants, thats fine... But nothing that would make it "your house". It looks like most of the others, filled with the same bland npc's... Just wish there were things to make it more home like and personal...

>My reply origianlly was related to the line in my sig about the need for interactive house decor... Not a flame against the poster<
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

gopher65

Oh I see. I agree. I would like to see furniture. If I remember correctly, after the ARoP and Dragon lairs come out AE has said it will be working on Racial housing, furniture, and raising the level cap to 120.

So hopefully you and I will get to live the dream and see our houses have some pazaz (that is spelled REALLY wrong).

Thread Information