Thread: Is there a way to increase the size of in-game mobs?

Default Is there a way to increase the size of in-game mobs?

I don't know about you, but when my hatchie got completely rocked by a pig the size of its foot (Or, my adult dragon getting destroyed by a wolf about the size of her TOE) it takes away from the immersion. I'm wondering if there's a way to set the scale of mobs so they can be made bigger and more threatening?

Vamalchior

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Is there a way to increase the size of in-game mobs?

I think the only real way to do that would be setscale? Just have a hotkey that does /setscale 2.0 for whenever you click on a mob. Maybe make a /sne, /setscale 2.0 hotkey? I'm not sure but I dont think you can universally increase the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I think the only real way to do that would be setscale? Just have a hotkey that does /setscale 2.0 for whenever you click on a mob. Maybe make a /sne, /setscale 2.0 hotkey? I'm not sure but I dont think you can universally increase the scale.

How does one do that, exactly?I don't have a lot of experience with making macros like that.

Vamalchior

Assuming you have setscale activated (mentioned elsewhere, perhaps Istaria Reference or Istaria Guides, or maybe even the Wikia), you use it like a text command:
    /setscale X
    where X is any number between 0.25 and 2 (I think). If you chose a number outside that range, it will just go to the max or min.

You can setup macros by right-clicking on any of your hotkeys and select edit.
    The drop down menu on the left shows the types of actions you can queue up.
    Naturally, /setscale will be a text command.
    To the right will now be a text entry, so just pop in /setscale 2 and make sure to press the + symbol next to that to add it to the list.
    You can add tool tips and icons to customize it to your liking.
    Once you save the hotkey, you can now use it as often as you like. If you use setscale and don't have anything selected, it will default to you!

To expand on what Rack suggested, you can further edit the hotkey to do some nifty things, like select next enemy (/sne). Just make sure to put it in the text command as before and press the + symbol to add it to the list. You can move the options around, so that /sne will happen before the /setscale if you want. You can also force the hotkey to activate again immediately by selecting from the left drop-down menu, the "use hotkey" option and then selecting the bank and key. Make sure you press the + symbol again to add it to the list. You can also add in options like "wait" and putting in a number (in seconds).

For this example, your final hotkey list might look like this:
    1) /sne
    2) /setscale 2
    3) wait 1 second
    4) use hotkey XX

Keep in mind that /sne will only work on mobs in range (~100m). The moment something is out of range it will return to normal size and the moment it is back in range, it will appear as normal size.

To be brutally honest, this is rarely going to work. I would suggest instead, to simply make yourself the smallest possible, then everything will be bigger

The only list of commands or actions I have macroed are for buffs (make sure you put in "waits 3sec" between each casting to account for the delay etc) and one for looting which also includes the setscale, so something like:
    /cnc (cycle next corpse... guessing on this one sorry, would have to look it up)
    /loot
    /setscale 0

I have no idea if any of that helps, but good luck
    Just play around, you can easily clear the hotkey if you want to remove it. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work, but you might get some nifty ideas of combat combos you could try out (and even pop in a warcry or something for effect).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

0.0!!

It worked perfectly!

Thank you so much, I'm going to have much fun with this...!

I have to finally mess with these custom hotkeys more :> Thank you again for your time, it's very much appreciated!

Vamalchior

Thread Information