Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it is my sad duty to report

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Unhappy it is my sad duty to report

some of the elders may remember laughing otter, who was an important part of istaria before the time of troubles with the company that shall never be named.
    it breaks my heart to advise you that he is in hospice and has been made as comfortable as possible. he has agressive brain cancer. last month, he was operated on for it, and was doing better, but an infection has taken hold and further surgery is not possible. the infection is tenacious, and the family is planning for the worst.

if you care to, please keep bryan in your thoughts for a painfree transition, and send postive vibes to the wife and daughter he leaves behind.

thank you for your attention and your best wishes.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Default Re: it is my sad duty to report

Oh God!!!! Thank you for letting us know.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Sad when this happens, i know as my mother is going thru stage 4 stomach cancer at moment.
    Thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

Laughing Otter
    I do remember well all the good times and good conversations

My thoughts and prayers are with him, his wife and daughter.
    Thy Vel for letting us know.
    so sad
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i, too, know this pain. my mother died last september in a similar fashion. i know the heartbreak his family is undergoing all too well

Oh, so sad, my thoughts are with him and his loved ones.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Terrible..
    Thank you for letting us know, my thoughts are with him and his family.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

My heart goes out to the family. Such a sad disease and situation.

It is indeed sad news. May Laughing Otter's transition to the next realm be peaceful for him and his family.

Sad news. Thoughts to all his family and friends.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I remember him well when he played on chaos he was a good player and a better friend . I submit to the devs not only a memorial plot be set to his honor but a world build event Some where, Where their is a good fight and good crafting as he enjoyed both if memory serves .
    Last edited by lightning claw; August 19th, 2019 at 05:47 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

an update from bryan's wife. please keep him and his family in your thoughts at this time.

I know I haven't been good about posting updates on Bryan. He had a brief respite stay at the hospice. He's very weak at this point. The nurse today believes we are getting close. If you had planned on trying to visit Bryan, you should try to make it happen this week. If you can't, we understand. Life gets busy.

today's update -
    Yesterday was a very bad day for Bryan. After two hours of no success at making him comfortable with his current meds the nurse recommended he be admitted back into the hospice. They are picking up the durable medical equipment tomorrow. He’s not coming home. His mother and I spent the night at the hospice. We will take turns visiting tomorrow. I still can’t get past it. He’s never coming home.

Thats so terrible to hear Velveeta. Make the most out of those final moments.
    Take care
    Thoughts with you all.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

bryan's wife has created a kind of journal for those who would like to know about bryan's condition. she has graciously allowed me to post the link, for those who would like to read, and perhaps, respond.
    https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/b...CN47r6uIEBLCG0

Didn't know him personally but knew of him both from others and reading posts of his. Prayers for him and his.

bryan went to the lady's arms at 11:07pm, sept. 11, 2019. he lives for the millions and millions

That's sad to hear. I don't know that I ever encountered him in-game, but I remember him from the forums. My condolences to his family

Thankyou Laughing Otter for all the good times I've had (and will have) for his part in bringing this amazing world to life.
    RIP and condolences to his family

May you soar Up on wings of eagles and rejoin your Honored family members in your ancestral place in the sky. Rest in peace my good Friend. Your battle with the blight is over but not ended. The players life's you have touch and trained with your knowledge passion and conviction will continue your fight and keep the blight at bay rest now my good friend we will meet again one day . May your spirit soar on a never ending peaceful breezes.

I make a motion to turn his form Picture in to a relic and be placed near Harro as a memorial to our Laughing Otter from Mirths Councle
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information