Thread: Potion of Memories

Default Potion of Memories

Created a few Potion of Memories potions, and the Cognizance effect appears to be bugged.

Cognizance, lasts for 30 seconds, doesn't stack with Enhance Focus, and only thing it does is a -200 Spirit Resistance.

I'm guessing maybe it is supposed to have a positive effect along with the minus to spirit resistance. Maybe a big focus buff.

This should stack with spell buffs, whether it modifies Focus or not. Potions effects should stack with spell effects which should stack with food effects. Please fix these stack issues which make most of the event foods pointless. Also separate out the spell tech effects from the conflicting with spell effects, which make half the blight spells pointless, and affects mind spells and abilities as well. (Bane, Derange techs).

It would be a huge pain to remove enhance focus in the middle of a fight, drink a potion, and then have to rebuff 30 seconds later once the potion fades.

Maybe look at the duration of the effect as well.

Default Re: Potion of Memories

Will take a look at this potion effect. Regarding a wider audit of stacking, not anytime soon.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon could you take a look at the quest text and the formula again?
    I done the quest last night and deleted it because when I went to make the potion it required a "Mortar" not a mortar and pestle
    I deleted the quest and done the quest again this morning and read the text closely. I noticed the text from Aratanosh says to mix it with essence powder, but the formula says glass vials, shining essence orbs and water. I decided to try all the tools that the alchemist uses and found that the Brew Stirrer worked to make the potion of memory and the cauldron was the machine. Shouldn't the tool be a Mortar and Pestle?

The formula might be bugged too, it asks for [mortar] Only , not Mortar and Pedestal. But actually uses the brew stirrer. Click the icon next to where it says [Mortar] and it will equip the correct tool.

• Quest Aratanosh: The Power of Memories, can be taken multiple times. The quest won't finish in the Quests window, if you take the second quest, Aratanosh: Destroy the Flame Horrors, the first quest will get out of the quests window, but won't show up in the "Completed Quests" window and can be taken again from Aratanosh.
    • Ortan Dabbledon near the new gate to the Fiery Rift shows on the map that he has a quest, greeting him has no effect.
    • Creating the "Potion of Memories" doesn't require the "Memory of Elder" as ingredient (only Glass Vial, Water, Shining Essence Orb) and in the item creation window the wrong tool is shown (Mortar), but needs a brew stirrer.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I believe all of these issues have been addressed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The effect appears fixed. It is giving +50 Power, +50 Focus, but lowers spirit resistance by 200.

Should the duration really be only one minute?

If the duration is to stay very low, then the casting delay should be lowered. 5 seconds to use a potion in the middle of a fight isn't worth the trouble... The +50 Power +50 Focus will be less than 5% buff for most players, 5 seconds is 8.3% of 60 seconds, the potions' current duration. The buff takes more time away from the hunt for casting it, than it is worth in damage improvement, to say nothing of the debuff to spirit resistance it also has.

Recommendations to keep this from being a pointless potion:
    Increase duration to 30 minutes
    Increase the power and focus buff to 75 or more. This only puts it on par with t5 potions, it likely should be higher since it seems more end-game to me.

Thread Information