Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon tricking animation and Road signs

Default Weapon tricking animation and Road signs

Greetings Istarians!

Been trying to track down an old problem but unable to reproduce
    Is anyone experiencing either of the below problems

1. In Item creation, weapon appearance customization, the preview animation is missing
    2. Missing text in stone road signs

Default Re: Weapon tricking animation and Road signs

The item preview is missing for me in the weapon customization window. The selectors for 1/2, 2/2 etc are there.

For some weapons changing these will change appearance of crafted item, for others it makes no effect.

The item has to be crated and equipped to see what the appearance will be.

I have both problems:
    1. Preview animation is missing for me
    2. I can't see text on stone road sings

Last edited by Terao; November 8th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

For me it seems to be with all my computers with Nvidia graphics. Just a suggestion to look at.

Back when I was afflicted, I had some success by changing the graphics card settings that related to textures. Not the Istaria in-game settings, but the graphics card control panel in windows. (AMD Vision Engine Control center, Nvidia Control Panel)

Settings like Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic Filtering, Mipmaps, etc. I had to choose something along the lines of "let this game decide the settings" instead of manually choosing and overriding.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

been running on an intel lately, and it seems both the preview and the road signs work on it.
    however, back when my NVIDIA card wasn't dead, both of them would not load for me.

I use a NVidia gfx card.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I run Nvidia card as well.

Can you guys get this fixed? Or at least figure out the settings we need to set to make it work? Maybe submit the profile to nvidia for inclusion in the drivers. (assuming that is all it takes to fix it)

Could anyone who is experiencing this problem, please open a support ticket.
    Thank you.

Does the following work for those of you who use the nvidia graphics card
    1. nvidia control panel in Windows Control Panel
    2. 3d settings.
    3. Adjust image setting with preview
    4. Select 'Let the 3D application decide'

Or
    2. Manage 3D settings
    3. Program settings

Quote Originally Posted by skilgannon View Post
    Does the following work for those of you who use the nvidia graphics card
    1. nvidia control panel in Windows Control Panel
    2. 3d settings.
    3. Adjust image setting with preview
    4. Select 'Let the 3D application decide'
    Didn't help.

Under the specific 3d application settings, where you have to add istaria.exe to the list, The ones that have an "Application controlled" setting, are all set as such. Still no go.

istaria_nvidia_1.jpg

Forum needs to allow more than a single image upload per post. 2 or 3 maybe.
    istaria_nvidia_2.jpg

I play the game in windowed mode, maximized.

Maybe the Granny 3d engine needs updated. I know there was a newer version out years ago of some of the dll's, that had 3d support. But no idea if they could be incorporated into Horizons without needing a bunch of work on textures, models, etc.

Here is a closed thread giving some early history on this topic: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...-and-Windows-7

As an update to post 32 on page 2 of the above thread, my AMD/ATI video card is running with default Catalyst Control Center gaming 3d graphics settings and on Win 7x64 OS I do see weapons tricking, stone road sign legends, item previews etc. While I do use the loading screen the current situation is that all stuff works now with loading screen off.

Knossos

It would appear when it started working again for Knossos, it was only for users with AMD/ATI video cards. Still no go for Nvidia users. Hope they can fix this.

Item preview in a linked items description window, missing.

Item preview in the weapon tricking window, blank.

Road signs I haven't looked at one lately, but will check.

Rotating items in the construction planning window, works.

Nvidia gtx680 with newest drivers set to application controlled settings.

Perhaps someone with Vitrium could work with someone at nvidia to at least nail down the proper settings, and then nvidia could add the application profile to their drivers, assuming it is just a settings issue. Could still be a client issue. Dev's mentioned in the other thread that they could not re-produce the issue. Tried with an nvidia video card?

As additional info for post #13 above, I also have an AMD CPU which may augment the AMD/ATI Video Card behavior.

Knossos

Item preview (when viewing item details, such as clicking a linked piece of gear) works for items that do not rotate, such as a tech kit like battle forged, or a scale, or claw.

Item previews for biped weapons do not work. Those are supposed to rotate in the preview/details window.

The issues we have seem to be tied to items that usually rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Item preview (when viewing item details, such as clicking a linked piece of gear) works for items that do not rotate, such as a tech kit like battle forged, or a scale, or claw.

Item previews for biped weapons do not work. Those are supposed to rotate in the preview/details window.

The issues we have seem to be tied to items that usually rotate.
    It may be worth noting that you do see items rotating in item selection for the Construction Planning screen.

Knossos

Yeah. something is different about those rotating models. Maybe its a different code path in the client. Maybe it's because the items are being viewed off-center compared to item previews.

The weapon preview thing used to work for me years ago. I can't remember that last time it has worked. The only thing that I can recall that changed, was back then I was using a crappy computer with Geforce MX/400 (old) 64Mb, it all worked. Came back with Geforce 8400 GS. So when I had a video card that had no fan and no memory, road signs and weapon preview worked (5 years ago). When I came back with the new computer, never has worked.

And when I came back with the newer stuff, originally had WinXp 32bit, eventually switched to Win7 64 bit, both didn't work with the newer stuff.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

This issue have been known for years. I first wrote tyo the support team about this issue back in 2007ish
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Thread Information