Thread: Ahala's Sweet brew

Default Ahala's Sweet brew

I have been trying to figure out why my 100 paladin can't use ahala's sweet brew and i figured it out... PALADIN is missing from the available classes can this be fixed please... (PS.. no i have NO Crafting classes which is why this probably why this hasn't been noticed until now)

Default Re: Ahala's Sweet brew

There is nothing on the Sweet Brew that would cause this. The only requirement is that your current school (it allows adventure or crafting) be level 85 or higher. I suspect you might have had a school active that was not 85 at the time.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There is nothing on the Sweet Brew that would cause this. The only requirement is that your current school (it allows adventure or crafting) be level 85 or higher. I suspect you might have had a school active that was not 85 at the time.
    I have a screenshot here that will clarify the issue.

horizons_1384784258.jpg

It shows me as level 100 paladin. It says the requirements to use Alhala's Brew are level 85, but you need to look below that at the Effect: Alhala's Sweet Brew to see the problem.

Effect: Alhala's Sweet Brew

Heals: 144-172
    Duration: 0:45
    Frequency: 0:05

Requirements: Current School Minimum (80)

Useable By: DCRS, NEO, NEO, NEO, DRAG, DCRA, ENC, GRDN, CHSW, ELAR, CRSB, BLDM, SPRD, KNOC, ICED, STMD, GTH, MIN, BRSK, FLMD, SPRM, CONJ, SOCR, SLRC, WIZ, WVR, DLSH, DRU, MSN, FLT, FIT, WPN, TNK, TLR, SPL, JWL, CNF, CRP, ALC, ARM, SCH, OUT, BLK, SHMN, BTLM, MONK, SPRT, SCT, HLR, MAGE, WAR
    PLD is not in the listing, therefore I can use the potion in theory, but because my class isn't listed in the latter part, it returns with the message that I do not meet the requirements for this potion.

It should be noted that in addition to Paladin, that Reaver, Cleric, and Ranger are also missing.

The only requirement on the Sweet Brew is current school level of 80 (either adventure or crafting). So I still don't see anything that would cause this.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The effect itself has stricter requirements, and that is where the problem reported above is occurring. The effect requires schools to be able to be applied, but as mentioned by Guaran not all ADV schools are listed.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The only requirement on the Sweet Brew is current school level of 80 (either adventure or crafting). So I still don't see anything that would cause this.
    Amon please take a look at my character and perhaps you'll understand then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilok View Post
    The effect itself has stricter requirements, and that is where the problem reported above is occurring. The effect requires schools to be able to be applied, but as mentioned by Guaran not all ADV schools are listed.
    No, it does not. That is what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    It should be noted that in addition to Paladin, that Reaver, Cleric, and Ranger are also missing.
    I have used Ahala's Sweet Brew as ranger, but I also had one of the listed craft classes that met the minimum level requirement at the time.

Go look above in the screenshot. There is a listing of schools for the effect itself; there is a clear difference between the effect requirements and the item use requirements in the screenshot posted above. You seem to only be looking at the item use (since the item and effect share the same name, it is confusing).
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Here is my findings just before maintenance shut today. I was in Reaver lvl 83 and Alchemist 100 (I am a GMC) and in description it only highlighted ALC in green. I used the brew but it only lasted 15 secs and disappeared with no message that I could not use it. I then changed to Cleric 100 and used the brew and it only lasted 15 secs. In description it still only showed ALC as highlighted in green. I then changed to Fitter but description still showed ALC.
    A relog showed Cleric and Fitter highlighted in description and brew lasted 45 secs. I then changed to Reaver 83 and the brew lasted 45 secs. I changed to Paladin and the brew lasted 45 secs. But description still showed Cleric in green.
    How come the brew description is not picking up that I have changed adventure classes or craft classes?
    I get no messages on screen indicating I do not meet requirements when in a adv class lower than 85.
    I do believe you have to look closer into this brew because it is certainly bugged.

if the current school is not the prob (=80 or higher),
    then there must be something else, that needs to be fixed.
    Thy for looking into it, devs.
    Ahala`s Sweet brew is too nice to just simply forget about it.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Looking at the screenshot, CLRC is cleric so it is listed. But RVR is not.

I don't have a Reaver yet so I can't test that class with a crafting class under the minimum requirements of 80. For this, I made sure my crafting class did not meet the minimum requirements.

I was using paladin above the minimum requirements of 80. Nothing is lit up green in the stricter requirements for effects. The potion got used from my inventory, but the effect did not trigger. Got message in chat that said I did not meet requirements. I then switched to Warrior. WAR lights up green in the stricter requirements for effects. I could use the potion and get the effect as normal. While the potion is in effect, I went and switched back to Paladin. Wham! Effect ends and I get a message in chat saying does not meet requirements.

I repeated this a few times over and over again. I don't know what is going on with it except that it really does look like it is the lack of having certain classes listed in effects being the issue as has been said by several others before. If it is not, then it still needs a closer look because when used, a potion should not disappear from the inventory without the effect triggering.
    Last edited by Arzel Rashemi; November 19th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I have figured out what the issue is and we'll work on getting it fixed.

In the mean time, it pretty much is if you only have very specific adventurer schools that you are in and no crafting schools above lvl 80 that you get this bug. But it is something that would have been a bug since, oh, time began.

And Amon is right. From our standpoint, there's nothing in the design of the potion that's the issue. It's a tech-side issue. So I've made a ticket and we'll try and get it fixed soon (TM).

There's no need for more information at this time.

Thread Information