Thread: Delta 253 / Client 385.20 Release Candidate

Default Delta 253 / Client 385.20 Release Candidate

Phew! The devs report that they've got a final release candidate. There's been a number of changes with this client, and a number of internal releases in pursuit of a stable release. At this point, this is a release candidate - so if there's something that's still a bug, please reply to this thread, or submit a support ticket. Your feedback and support of testing is always appreciated.

Client 385.20
    • For item previews, fix full list of schools showing up (was being truncated).
    • Corrected ocean outline for a plot (coordinates 22536, 21812).
    • Cleaned up hedge texture.
    • Notepad should prompt to save on exit.
    • Replaced image reduce functions with optimized / more robust version (potential crash fix).
    • Fix for server admin messages (maintenance shutdown messages) causing client crash.
    • Pet UI and functionality.
    • Cargo disk shadow.
    • Regenerate Dalimond and Aughundell maps (the first of many map updates).
    • Add NPC info to map.
    • Optimizations / increase robustness of text handling (potential crash fix).
    • Fix for failed rendering of sign text on some video cards
    • Rely only on local client_lookups file for item names / server no longer sends this message

Delta 253
    • Winter Coat and Dragon's Winter Scarf now have their own icons.
    • Ahala's Sweet Brew now can be used by paladin, ranger, and reaver schools.
    • Minor spelling fixes / punctuation.

Testing Status
    Fixed / Working / Won't Fix
    • Item Descriptions / Names Missing - FIXED 385.19
    • Missing icons for Green / Red Gummy Maggot Shoulder Pet - these are obsolete items and won't be updated.
    • Player Search - double dragon list and no dragon results - FIXED 385.19
    • Shepherd Dog Capacity - FIXED 385.19
    • Mining Doesn't Auto-stack - FIXED 385.19
    • Dialog Text (Okay / Cancel buttons) - FIXED 385.19
    • Kit Prefixes and suffixes "Color [item name]", "Socketed [item name]", "TechKit [item name]" - FIXED 385.20
    • Formula does not look for "ingredients" in pet - FIXED 385.20

Not Fixed / Investigating
    • Missing Gnomekindle quest - unable to reproduce
    • spider hides under cargo disk

Before making any comment, please ensure that you are running the latest client 385.20. You can see your current build by typing:
    /window fpswindow

Istaria Development Team
    Last edited by Yfelvik; December 12th, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: 385.20

Default Re: Delta 253 / Client 385.18 Release Candidate

Opening the player search window, the craft schools lists are missing. I am running 385.18.

Noticed some items are missing descriptions:
    Dimensional Scepter of Radiance (Quest reward from Dimensional Pocket X, and still is I believe, 50000 hoard value)
    Kriballen Coffer
    Another older Scepter, 2750 hoard value. Description is gone.
    Original versions of the Wolf Head Scale, Zebra Head Scale, Clown Head Scale, Cow Head Scale (had descriptions along the lines of "Submitted by Guaran of Chaos" and some alternate flavor text)
    I believe the original Mika Mask for bipeds is also having the above issue. I have one, its green but all descriptions are gone, no way to know for sure. And when linking it I just get [] that cannot be clicked.

Still no inventory icon for Green Gummy Maggot Shoulder Pet, Red Gummy Maggot Shoulder Pet. (just re-color the gummy maggot icon and enlarge it to 4x4)

I need to re-copy myself to test some additional possible issues, because it appears that many older items are simply gone.... wth.

Logging out of the game, greeted with unintelligible script for the Ok/Cancel popup.
    Last edited by Guaran; December 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Blog Entries

To add to Guaran's post, this is what /who looks like:

horizons_1386031864.jpg
    Last edited by Myrdiatoken; December 3rd, 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Issues I described above seem to be client side, logging into chaos without patching, many items were missing descriptions as observed on Blight. Re-patched back to Chaos current client, descriptions are back.

Go back to the drawing board on this one. Big problems. And weapons that should rotate in the preview window are still not being shown (might not have been listed as fixed).

Blog Entries

I don't know how, but this is what I have going on after I crashed while porting. Client is 385.18 The screen is usually covered in maps and bars and possesses a single chat. And there are no "Ok" or "Close" buttons for closing chat. It is a strange series of numbers, letters or symbols.

horizons_1386041409.jpg
    Last edited by Myrdiatoken; December 3rd, 2013 at 02:39 AM.

While I'm not having screen issues, I did notice on 3 of my mains that I logged in they are now missing all their Gnomekindle quest , so now i have 50 medal bars and 10-15 of stone bricks for making heavy duty Christmas tree ornaments or what ever the quest was for.
    (also still no pets in vault /p ) I will check and see if any of my other alts lost any/all of their open quest.
    Andy.

I take that back on the graphics I went to invite myself to my group and see the Pri9~w for cancel and other strangeness on accept.
    Last edited by MarshDog; December 3rd, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Have now loaded client 385.18.1..

Player Search filter screen now properly shows list of craft schools. Filter Screen List of Races now includes 2 dragon selections instead of 4 as seen in Client 385.18.0. The first Dragon Filter properly shows dragons and second Dragon Filter behaves as no filtering active.

Knossos

The Dalimond and Aughendell map looks pretty sweet. Nothing constructive to report yet, but thought I'd toss that out there
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

This client version can't be released, same problems as 385.14

• Colored items still miss "Color [item name]"
    • Socketed items still miss "Socketed [item name]"
    • Items with tech kits miss "TechKit [item name]" (like Hunter's Retribution and so on)
    • Some items still missing their complete name, some formulas, resources, broken items, dragon head scale, simple items, it seems to affect old items.
    • The Shepherd Dog Pet doesn't have any bulk/stack like the Pub Pet (Sheperd Dog equipped)
    • The Bug posted by Knossos still exists too (posting no. 7)
    • 1. Mining first hit with pick, the ore reaches the pet's storage. 2. Mining second hit with pick, the ore fills second stack in the pet's storage. 3. Mining third hit with pick and subsequent picks go to inventory until inventory is full.

It also would be nice if you customize your pet with a name, the name would be shown over head and not "Terao's Pet". I haven't checked the other things in the thread above mentioned, those should be checked too.

I've taken some screenshots:

Should be named "Dark Green Mithril...."

Should be named "Socketed ..."

Should be named "... of the Hunter"

Scribed Formulas missing their names, some of the items in my vault lost their name too

Equipped Sheperd Dog has no bulk

Equipped Winter Pub Pet (renamed it to Wulf) shows bulk and stack

Mining with a pet... first swing -> pet, second swing -> pet, third swing -> backpack
    Last edited by Terao; December 3rd, 2013 at 05:57 PM.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

The "Exit Game" window now speaks chinese.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

The Item Creation screens for Spells do not show skill requirement and do not show level requirement to scribe and use. The details of any techs added do not show in Item Creation Screen either. For easy visualization of this situation, simply compare spell in Spell Book (which shows information/details which are not shown on the Item Creation Screen) with the information available on the Item Creation screen.

If the missing information could be restored to the Item Creation Screen it would not be necessary to seek out of game information to evaluate requirements and effects of spells to be crafted.

Knossos

I just updated the original release notes with the status of all the items that are being worked on / fixed. I'm going to keep checking with the devs so everyone has a better idea of what's been fixed (but not released) vs. things still being investigated.

All the Anniversary items have been released to Blight, and all pets "re-created".

"Mining Doesn't Auto-stack" has been fixed internally and is pending release to Blight on Friday morning PST.

Default Re: Delta 253 / Client 385.19 Release Candidate

These two items are now on Blight and the client has been updated to 385.19
    - Mining Doesn't Auto-stack
    - Dialog Text (Okay / Cancel buttons)

As this point, what's on Blight is a release candidate. The developers are continuing to work on the name prefixes / suffixes, but this isn't considered a blocking issue. Unless something critical comes up between now and Tuesday, word is, Tuesday is a big day for updates. Please continue testing on Blight and post about any issues.

Thank you,

Istaria Development Team

Cool Re: Delta 253 / Client 385.18 Release Candidate

Teensy little issue (from a teensy little gnome)... the shepherd and wolf are well behaved and stand off to the side... but the spider is directly under the cargo disk, looks as if she has it on her back...

It would be nice when crafting that you could craft directly from the pet's items instead of having to move all into the disk or inventory to craft. <dev: fixed client 385.20>

And a wish not a bug - please can we name them???

Many thanks for the cargo pets! Now we just need a kitteh...

Regards -

Nia
    Chronicles of the Twiisted Guild :: Blight Shard
    Last edited by Yfelvik; December 12th, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added note about fix to crafting ingredients

The developers are investigating both these issues:
    * formula do not look for "ingredients" in pet - this fix is in client release 385.20
    * spider hides under cargo disk

Please see post #1 for the release notes and status of any reported issues.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; December 12th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.

The color/socketed prefix(s) on item names in list view (as seen with Client 385.20) still need a bit of work.

To restore the prefix(s) to pre-bug configuration the color name should be first and the "socketed" name should be second - and the "socketed" name should appear only once whether there are one or two or three sockets.

(The color is of importance to sort and the "socketed" is for information only).

Knossos

Client 385.20
    The prefixs are still completly missing in the Vault list view

And borked in Inventory like Knossos already wrote. You may also want to have a look on my helmet as it is really a lightweight one (the same bug on Blight and Order Server). When I right-click the helmet in Equipment window the client stops working, without sending an error log. I never had such a problem with this helmet.

The spells list view in the knowledge window is broken too:

Thread Information