Thread: The Horses of Istaria...

Default The Horses of Istaria...

What do you guys think happened to them all? I know there's eveidence that Istaria used to have horses, but now there aren't any and no one seems to know what they are (in player RPs anyway).

I thought it might be fun to guess what happened to them.

Personally, I think the dragons ate them all.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Default Re: The Horses of Istaria...

They all went to Ponyville! XD Nah. I think they all died during the great battle, Not entirely sure though, either that or like you said dragon ate them all. O.o

It wasn't us!
    We WANT the horses back! We keep being pounced upon and treated as if we - the mighty dragons - would ever give a biped a ride! HMPH! *snout turns up*

I think it was just a plan by the bipeds...they want to fly you see so tried to force it on dragons to give them transportation...

(*giggle*)

Give the ol' gnome a Pegasus to rule the sky
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

i think they all went to Equestria and went to ponyville like darkwing said :P or.. the dragons ate them all like Flamestar said lol
    My dragon scroll :O

Nope the dragons ate them all to ensure we peds could never lead a mounted charge against them.

I figure they were just fairytale creatures in Istaria, like saris, dryads, and dragons are in another realm with which I am familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I figure they were just fairytale creatures in Istaria, like saris, dryads, and dragons are in another realm with which I am familiar.
    That's a pretty cool idea^.

But, what do you think was pulling that old wagon near Bristugo then? A cow, maybe?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Actual yes... cows.. well oxen were commonly used once upon a time..

Since there's the phrase "Ieo d'na scov" (I am not a horse) in Erdoten k'Eilerten, horses must have been common in Istaria, at some point in the past. As a Dragon whose personal philosophy takes elements from both factions (a Helialunus, if you will), I can see the eradication of horses as a compromise measure: eliminate the greater mobility horses would give the other races without taking direct action against those races.

Plus, I'd imagine horses would be simply delicious, fire-roasted and covered in chunky-gnome gravy.....
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Yes, unfortunately Horses were around a long time before the lesser Bi-ped races emerged and thus were an excellent source of fast food for the Dragons at the time.
    "Thank goodness the Bi-peds grew plentiful when they did. Gnomes are no horsemeat but they will do". -Slayvite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tondargaet_Glit View Post
    Since there's the phrase "Ieo d'na scov" (I am not a horse) in Erdoten k'Eilerten, horses must have been common in Istaria, at some point in the past.
    If the player made language was official and tied to Istaria's lore then yes I could agree. But its not so there is no basis to think Istaria ever had horses in its history because a player-made language has the word for horse in it. There isn't one mention of a horse in any quest or lore anyplace so I'd think horses are just mythical creatures in Istaria and perhaps created in the mind of some biped who saw a very skinny cow but didn't really have time to stop and investigate. Or maybe the myth is based from some unique gnomish invention at one point that existed and doesn't now. The fantastic story of it got told and retold over enough time and distance until the creation became a living breathing thing.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    If the player made language was official and tied to Istaria's lore then yes I could agree. But its not so there is no basis to think Istaria ever had horses in its history because a player-made language has the word for horse in it. There isn't one mention of a horse in any quest or lore anyplace so I'd think horses are just mythical creatures in Istaria and perhaps created in the mind of some biped who saw a very skinny cow but didn't really have time to stop and investigate. Or maybe the myth is based from some unique gnomish invention at one point that existed and doesn't now. The fantastic story of it got told and retold over enough time and distance until the creation became a living breathing thing.
    True... although I'd think a deer would be easier to mistake for a horse than a skinny cow lol.

I could've sworn I saw a tapestry in Istaria with horses on it though. But than again, we have tapestries of unicorns here on Earth. Oh! I just got an idea for another story! What if my Saris charater went out looking for horses? Like how the Bronies (myself included, as a Pegasister ) have Lyra Heartstrings the unicorn looking for humans in Equestria?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...25-d56j9i6.png

So Humans/realworld are looking for unicorns/Pegasus
    Ponies are looking for Humans
    Istarian races is looking for regular horses

Humans/realworld have regular horses,
    ponies have Pegasus/unicorns.
    Istaria has humans.
    My dragon scroll :O

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Nope the dragons ate them all to ensure we peds could never lead a mounted charge against them.
    I agree with this statement. Down with the risen bipeds! They will serve us yet! :P

I support the idea of adding a new race in Istaria :
    Sentient, talking, winged, horned equines.
    New Adventure school : Friendship.

LungTien, you are responding to a post 3 months old, are you that slow of a flyer as a dragon to lag 3 months?
    Ahhh. Bipeds rule, and Bi-peds have a much better chance of soloing any mob in Istaria than any dragon out there, and with that there is no way that we would ever serve, follow although may RIDE you, the only thing you would probably ever need from us would be possibly a gift/buff you can't cast or a heal you can't produce......
    -Kor

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    I support the idea of adding a new race in Istaria :
    Sentient, talking, winged, horned equines.
    New Adventure school : Friendship.
    no... just no... I'd sooner have playable toadstools than that

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    no... just no... I'd sooner have playable toadstools than that
    In case it wasn't clear, my post was a joke.

Thread Information