Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot (Implemented)

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Daily Quests are available for completion - You can do one for a Greater Boss and one for a Lesser Boss each day. Daily Quests give a significant number of Epic Tokens.
    Okay this is my only thing against it (for now).
    Usually we have days, usually the weekend, where we go on a huge epic run. E.g. fighting up to 7 bosses in a day. and then not for another while is another epic fought. I really like these epic runs, and, assuming that the system will work how i think it is (tokens form daily) will that mean we cannot have those epic runs anymore?
    I'd suggest making them repeatable, instead of daily.
    Hunts just can't be done every day, that's why epic runs happen in the first place, and if we're willing to fight this intently then why should we be halted?
    Also daily quests pose the fact people are gonna miss those hunts, have no one to hunt with, and thus won't progress. Currently, those people can join anytime because we constantly need hunts, but if people are going to become uninterested after the fight hunt (because only one per day) then there's always gonna be people who make no progress at all (maybe due to timezones they couldn't get on at peak hunting time, the way it is now, that wouldn't be an issue as people are sitll willing to hunt).
    ALSO it's gonna cause a lot of dispute in terms of deciding what boss to go hunt. (Especially as Shaloth is also needed for volcano). Some people need one boss, some people need another, and not everyone will want to hunt some bosses. Split groups? Refer to above problem. There's never enough people willing to make two groups anymore. It's one boss or nothing. Like; if i chose the hunting each day for this, we'd almost never hunt sog. BUt oh look, some people need sog. Why do i need tokens for an epic i've already got more than enough of it's drop? That's gonna create quite a few splits in what to hunt, and it will eventually be a case of whoever likes hunting will hunt (as opposed to hunting for a reward) because only they're the ones willing for that-one-person-who-still-needs-new-weapons and this will make it especially hard for "newer" players to get epic equipment.

IMO - yes, i love it, upgrade to equipment? wonderful! upgrade to a fairer system? wonderful! upgrade to a system that creates overall less epic hunts/and more splits in the community? ..hmm...

(yes, most of that has been posted before, but i feel strongly about this :P)

Just had a thought in game... the epic tokens could be soul fragments, and one of the things you could buy with it, the formula for spirit oil. I'd hunt for soul frags... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Okay this is my only thing against it (for now).
    Usually we have days, usually the weekend, where we go on a huge epic run. E.g. fighting up to 7 bosses in a day. and then not for another while is another epic fought. I really like these epic runs, and, assuming that the system will work how i think it is (tokens form daily) will that mean we cannot have those epic runs anymore?
    You can still have your epic runs. All bosses will drop some tokens. Part of your run you can do the quest, which gives many more tokens.

I'd suggest making them repeatable, instead of daily.
    Umm, no, then everyone would be done in a month. A new system where everyone gets rewarded, plus you can buy the weapon you want instead of roll for a piece you don't need just to maybe get something to trade, is far better and you will get the items much faster as it is.

Hunts just can't be done every day, that's why epic runs happen in the first place, and if we're willing to fight this intently then why should we be halted?
    Also daily quests pose the fact people are gonna miss those hunts, have no one to hunt with, and thus won't progress. Currently, those people can join anytime because we constantly need hunts, but if people are going to become uninterested after the fight hunt (because only one per day) then there's always gonna be people who make no progress at all (maybe due to timezones they couldn't get on at peak hunting time, the way it is now, that wouldn't be an issue as people are sitll willing to hunt).
    ALSO it's gonna cause a lot of dispute in terms of deciding what boss to go hunt. (Especially as Shaloth is also needed for volcano). Some people need one boss, some people need another, and not everyone will want to hunt some bosses.
    If they don't want to hunt the boss, they shouldn't get anything.. I think you are missing the point.

And chances are, a better system will encourage more participation. Everything you point out, lack of interest, etc., is because the system (RNG) is so poor, and even on a server like Chaos where it isn't that hard to get a group going, it can still take 6 months or more to complete an item. It's going to get better when you get the weapon you want instead of a shield piece when you needed a tailscale piece.

Split groups? Refer to above problem. There's never enough people willing to make two groups anymore. It's one boss or nothing. Like; if i chose the hunting each day for this, we'd almost never hunt sog. BUt oh look, some people need sog. Why do i need tokens for an epic i've already got more than enough of it's drop? That's gonna create quite a few splits in what to hunt, and it will eventually be a case of whoever likes hunting will hunt (as opposed to hunting for a reward) because only they're the ones willing for that-one-person-who-still-needs-new-weapons and this will make it especially hard for "newer" players to get epic equipment.
    People <will> want to hunt bosses, even if they no longer need anything from him, since they might get a quest for him on that day. Also, it has been my experience that groups help each other, assuming you got more than 10 people wanting to go.

IMO - yes, i love it, upgrade to equipment? wonderful! upgrade to a fairer system? wonderful! upgrade to a system that creates overall less epic hunts/and more splits in the community? ..hmm...

(yes, most of that has been posted before, but i feel strongly about this :P)
    Sorry, but it sounds like you want an Easy button. Press >here< to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You can still have your epic runs. All bosses will drop some tokens. Part of your run you can do the quest, which gives many more tokens.
    People <will> want to hunt bosses, even if they no longer need anything from him, since they might get a quest for him on that day.
    Sorry, but it sounds like you want an Easy button. Press >here< to win.
    Ahah, seems it was a poor understanding on my end then, i apologise!

So the daily is just there to encourage people to hunt bosses they wouldn't usually hunt/or bosses they really need to hunt from more?
    (and p.s. that's still gonna mean people will lose motivation after one hunt. just not as much. but i have no idea how many tokens you get from quest / from a normal drop in relevance to how many you actually need so i can't say too much on that. say if most of the tokens came from daily and there was a chance you wouldn't even take one token away from the fight, it would still mean people wwill be less willing to hunt another boss unless the gap was shortened a bit. not by too much, because you don't want to make it an easy path combined with dailies, but you'd also need enough on a normal drop to make people see them worth hunting without a daily. the one looted piece is only gonna pull people to hunt for a time.)

I don't want an easy button, i just thought the system sounded like it would have bad implications, but that was form a misreading, i guess.

Currently you can do two Daily quests per day (one for a greater boss and one for a lesser boss). Each gives you 10 tokens. You also get 2 Tokens (guaranteed, no RNG, for each person involved in the fight) against EVERY greater boss you fight (regardless of the number of times you do it in a day) and 1 Token for each Lesser boss.

The other thing that will encourage fighting the bosses is that you need resources to make Components that you then use to make the epic items themselves. The only way to get the resources is by killing the epics (lesser or greater).

The tokens are used to purchase the formulas and also to purchase the Cores that are a required resource in making Components.

Probably seems confusing now, but once its on Blight you can see it more clearly.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Currently you can do two Daily quests per day (one for a greater boss and one for a lesser boss). Each gives you 10 tokens. You also get 2 Tokens (guaranteed, no RNG, for each person involved in the fight) against EVERY greater boss you fight (regardless of the number of times you do it in a day) and 1 Token for each Lesser boss.

The other thing that will encourage fighting the bosses is that you need resources to make Components that you then use to make the epic items themselves. The only way to get the resources is by killing the epics (lesser or greater).

The tokens are used to purchase the formulas and also to purchase the Cores that are a required resource in making Components.

Probably seems confusing now, but once its on Blight you can see it more clearly.
    Sounds like a pretty good system IMO, as long as the daily quest isn't the ONLY way to get tokens I'm fine with it. Will definitely be testing this out once this hits blight if I can find a group on there to test it with me.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I was wondering if there are any plans for Myloc Queen epic loot. How about epic sack for crafters (something that unites all crafting schools is need for bulk) that could hold say,1000 bulk?

On epic loot and drops, I made a post concerning drop-able pets a few months ago.

I still think this would be a fun idea! all the epic bosses (maybe not the lesser ones?) get a chance to drop scaled-down pet versions of themselves (or make them craftable/looted from the resource chests that you've implemented), heck give them tiny stat bonuses if possible (nothing too significant ofcourse)

I for one would love a tiny reklar following me, or a tiny shaloth! :)

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I made a post concerning drop-able pets a few months ago.
    I still think this would be a fun idea! all the epic bosses (maybe not the lesser ones?) get a chance to drop scaled-down pet versions of themselves
    I absolutely love this idea. Years passed yet no signs of shoulder Fafnir, so then maybe there will be a pet version.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
    I absolutely love this idea. Years passed yet no signs of shoulder Fafnir, so then maybe there will be a pet version.
    Can do so on Chaos and Blight, but please not on Order. Making a joke out of the greatest threats of the Living Races would make Istaria a bit more suitable for children :P
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    Making a joke out of the greatest threats of the Living Races would make Istaria a bit more suitable for children :P
    I dont see how it will. On top of that, thoose ascend-and-quit kids wont be able to get anywhere near epic bosses anyway :)
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

I am with meeps and chibby here-

any loot is better than no (loot noone needs or wants anymore) loot.
    Somewhere I made suggestions for at least fluff loot dropping from bosses or named.

Most vets I know only hunt them to train the younger (newer ) ones.
    But as Chib says- most of them do not stay long enough-and--Well..

Phar, hate to say so: But bosses-even Shaloth-aren`t such a thread anymore.
    Its well balanced in my eyes atm.
    (And its normal behaviour to make jokes about your opponent- to feel stronger- and weaken the enemy.)

WE NEED MORE BOSSES AND NEW LOOT!!
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; October 28th, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Can do so on Chaos and Blight, but please not on Order. Making a joke out of the greatest threats of the Living Races would make Istaria a bit more suitable for children :P
    if it would, which it won't, why only on chaos and blight but not on order then? are chaos and blight more kiddy-oriented than order? I highly doubt that.

I am in no way "making a joke" out of the greatest beast/enemies, what I am, is wanting just a tiny bit more fluff in the game, and the feeling I achieved something that is more visual than a say, a weapon or armor....which won't be visible if I'm crafting or a dragon.

Also, as I mentioned in my first post, I am in no way insinuating that these should be 100% drops, in fact, the system that I would prefer would be to make them relatively rare.
    With the new chests being added that drop resources needed for the crafted components, why not give them a (low) chance to drop pets as well? although in hind-sight, all of these chests will propably have the same ID, no matter what boss they drop from...so making them craft-able would seem like a better idea.
    ___
    Also, on a completely unrelated note, but slightly related to the topic.

Do we have any news on the Maggot Lord? I know he was impossible to implement mostly because of his size if I recall correctly, but perhaps something has been figured out? I mean it's just a shame to have such a unique looking enemy just wasting away in the files.
    Even a little heads-up on this would be appreciated!

I only worry about the RP reasons for such a pet (remember, order is roleplay).

I just couldn't find any useful reason in roleplay why someone should even consider making a Reklar pet. And if Reklar (and the other bosses) would "drop" them himself, they kinda would be his children, which is also kinda ridiculous in my opinion.
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I only worry about the RP reasons for such a pet (remember, order is roleplay).

I just couldn't find any useful reason in roleplay why someone should even consider making a Reklar pet. And if Reklar (and the other bosses) would "drop" them himself, they kinda would be his children, which is also kinda ridiculous in my opinion.
    I don't think they necceseraily meant literally mini reklar would drop etc.
    More like an undead dragon/myloc/kwellen/skeletal warrior etc. (for their associated boss) pet would drop. And that fighting the epic would be the only way obtain it.

If it's not literally an exact mini boss (as in, you tamed the boss) as opposed to just getting their cretaure's pet it certainly has IC use, imo (then again, my main character Azath IS a bligt researcher and also completely insane and would totally love an adorable lil' undead dragon to exeprimen-i meant look after >.> <.< so i may be a bit baised there :D).

I don't think they necceseraily meant literally mini reklar would drop etc.
    More like an undead dragon/myloc/kwellen/skeletal warrior etc. (for their associated boss) pet would drop. And that fighting the epic would be the only way obtain it.
    Exactly, I'm sorry if my initial post was a bit obscure, I meant just a tiny version, with their texture, but not their name, so simply kwellen, myloc, etc. Heck give them the prefix "tiny" if it's still a bit unreasonable.

I like the mini boss pets which are cool imo . As for those who are worried about RP reason to have them.. call them magical trophies that move and follow you around that prove you beat the boss.

In reference to the quests i am ok with that system and i feel it will work well because while some people will need boss A and others boss X this system still provides a reason for the big Hunts. because yes you can only get 1 quest for a major and 1 for a lesser but they all still drop tokens the dailies only provide a specific boost for 1 of the bosses. if you go do the other bosses you will still get tokens so it wont be a waste you just wont get the bonus tokens for doing the daily. this actually puts more value into the tokens because if you just made it repeatable it would remove any value in the tokens. So because you still get drops from every boss it makes it worth it to do the hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
    I like the mini boss pets which are cool imo . As for those who are worried about RP reason to have them.. call them magical trophies that move and follow you around that prove you beat the boss.
    Or their young, which you are training to combat Blight as an extra win for the Gifted.

Thread Information