Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot (Implemented)

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Epic Loot

So...will there be universal token for all bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    So...will there be universal token for all bosses?
    No, we're not going that route. We're implementing a system by which items that are boss-specific require a generic component that is unique to each boss. So, a Valkor component, Reklar component, etc.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just out of curiosity, about when will we be seeing this on blight? I don't know about anyone else but I'd definitely be eager to test this out!

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I have an idea for reklars tail scale. could it possibly have Plague Breath on it (since its a reklar item) but the effect would go off only when using breath attacks, in similar manner to Lasting Embers crystal?

I have an idea for reklars tail scale. could it possibly have Plague Breath on it (since its a reklar item) but the effect would go off only when using breath attacks, in similar manner to Lasting Embers crystal?
    I have requested this or other improvements to the reklar tail scale many times in the past, seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I am totally against reintroducing precious collector items like Boar Mask and make them farmable material.

I'd be OK creating similar items (even with same stats and just a different skin) but those who earned those ancient items should be able to hold those trophies.

Having those super-rare items is the ultimate hoard for a dragon and for a player who stuck with Istaria for more than 10 years.

I want to be able to tell a guy: "here, look, here is proof I have faithfully supported Istaria since day 0 with multiple subscriptions with no interruption" (despite I don't play much any more).

My super-rares are part of Istaria's lore, its past grand story. Seeing them humiliated down to: "just the next stuff I get in 3 copies and dump 2 to hoard" equals to destroying my character's legacy and his pride at achieving them.

If my big sacrifices earned collectibles get trivialized down to farmable material AS IS (that is same skin) I am sorry but I won't support Istaria with my subscriptions any more.
    Last edited by Vahrokh; September 15th, 2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I want to be able to tell a guy: "here, look, here is proof I have faithfully supported Istaria since day 0 with multiple subscriptions with no interruption" (despite I don't play much any more).
    the problem is, the guy might say "here, look how I exit the game because new people don't get any good things at all"
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    the problem is, the guy might say "here, look how I exit the game because new people don't get any good things at all"
    That's why new things instead of re-used old is the better path. Many of us have said the same thing over the years. Good discussion here from 2011: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...pic-Boss-ideas

I do not think the BHM should be brought back either. My sentiments on old items mirrors Vahrokh's. Mainly my comments on this thread center around replacing reliance on RNG system (random dropped item, players randoming to win a dropped item) with a system that can give credit to all the players in each epic hunt. Such as reklar dropping 10 "Reklar tokens" per kill instead of a random piece, and those being evenly divided among the players, and if there is 1 extra token, that one can be randomed for the old way. (or if there are 6 in the group, each player gets one, the four highest Randoms get a second, etc.) Then there can be a vendor selling the old pieces at a cost of say 10 tokens each, so you go on 10 hunts, you get 1 piece towards an item you need. I support something like this for all the existing epic bosses, for the existing items they drop. Dev's can of course adjust these numbers as they see fit. Perhaps since we can now only buy pieces we want, the pieces can cost 20 tokens instead of 10. I still feel that each boss should only drop tokens for that same bosses' items.. I shouldn't get a generic token, spendable on any of the epic pieces. Only Valkor tokens for valkor pieces, etc.

Same system could be used to introduce new epic spells for players (see more detail about that in the post linked above) such a Fury of the Power Demon, Banshee, others. The thread linked above also has some good ideas for new epic spells that could be easy to create "re-skins" of existing epic spells (Hurricane spell could be Dark Cyclone changed to be white, with some added snow-like effects such as those on Frosty Maelstrom, and do ice damage. Conjuror spell).

But before even worrying about this, the items obtainable need to be "desired". Reklar can go weeks with no one even bothering to hunt him. Mainly because his cursed items are junk, except for the sash.
    Idea's and suggestions on making the epic bosses' loot more desireable: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Valkor-Items
    Last edited by Guaran; September 16th, 2014 at 12:13 AM.

Vahrokh, Guaran.
    I agree
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Will the tokens be dropped for each group member or is it gonna be rolled for?

The system will be going to Blight this fall sometime (don't have an ETA, but the system has been 80% implemented so far). Here are the notes from it:

• Bosses are now classified as Greater or Lesser
      • Greater include Valkor, Reklar, Shaloth and Son of Gigaroth as well as any Greater Anchors (except for the Delgarath Anchor) that spawn
      • Lesser include Fafnir, Daknor, Gruk and Surtheim as well as any Lesser Anchors that spawn

• Epic Items must be constructed using a mixture of Crafted Components and one Looted Component (which is specific to each Bosses' items - Blood to Valkor, Demon to SoG, Plague to Reklar and Myloc to Shaloth).
    • Crafted Components are created using a mixture of Looted Resources (Ithilium Bars, Velanthis Strips, Taravist Crystals, Annisil Cords, and Dense Leather Bands) and Purchased Resources (Epic Weapon, Armor, Scale, Spell and Exotic Cores)
    • Purchased Resources and Component/Item Formulas are purchased from Vargas the Bold at the Eastern Outpost using Epic Tokens.
    • Daily Quests are available for completion - You can do one for a Greater Boss and one for a Lesser Boss each day. Daily Quests give a significant number of Epic Tokens.
    • Epic Tokens (as well as Looted Resources and Components) are acquired from killing Epic Bosses and are given to every person involved in the fight evenly.
    • Looted Resources are acquired from Epic Chests (Small, Medium and Large) that are dropped by the bosses. These are handled the old-fashioned way (random loot drop) and will need to be rolled for, though there is a small chance that each person involved in the fight will get a chest.

I also did this to the epic items:

• Reklar's Tower Shield now reduces incoming damage by 25% (up from 5%) and no longer just against undead, but against any monster.
    • Reklar's Tail Scale now reduces incoming damage by 25% (up from 5%) and raises Primal by +100 (up from +50). Also removed an odd trigger that was causing incoming damage to be increased by 5% at the same time.
    • Reklar's Chaos Chakram no longer applies outgoing damage only to undead and now boosts it by 10% (up from 5%). Raised the chance of life being drained to 25% (up from 5%).
    • Reklar's Cursed Cudgel of Power is now known as Reklar's Cudgel of Power and no longer has a curse.
    • Valkor's Blood Talon now has a 10% chance (up from 5%) to give Ethereal Leech and now gives the Tier 6 equivalent version.
    • Valkor's Bloodsword now has a 10% chance (up from 5%) to give Syphon.
    • Bloodthorn Bow now has a 10% chance (up from 5%) to give Ethereal Paroxysm and now gives the Tier 6 equivalent version.
    • Bloodthorn Staff now has a 5% chance of hitting the target with Vampiric Bats (24 second duration DoT that will drain life from the target and heal the caster). Also modifies Power and Focus by +50 (up from +30). The staff no longer gives the old buff.

I still need to revisit the Myloc Queen's Blood potion. Any ideas?
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; September 16th, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The reklar weapon changes I think will be generally well received, looking forward to trying them. Vampire bats on the staff sounds really cool! For the tail scale, is the damage reduction against undead or all? (Even if its undead only, the tail will finally have a place in valkor and reklar hunts).

The Myloc Queen potion, I believe it currently is +75 power +75 focus, for 10 minutes? Main thing with potions is the duration, and stacking with regular buffs. All of the myloc potions should have 1 hour duration (or longer), and no stacking conflicts with spells or buffs from abilities. Is that particular potion going to become craftable?

Let us know when these changes are on blight, lots of testing work needs done :)

What is going to happen to current epic Pieces? (Valkors Blood Talon (piece 1 of 5) for example.will they become obsolete and unuseable?

What is going to happen to current epic Pieces? (Valkors Blood Talon (piece 1 of 5) for example.will they become obsolete and unuseable?
    Good question, I wonder this as well. Perhaps Vagras the Bold could trade you epic tokens for the pieces or give a quest to trade in the pieces for tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Good question, I wonder this as well. Perhaps Vagras the Bold could trade you epic tokens for the pieces or give a quest to trade in the pieces for tokens.
    That sounds like wonderful idea,id hate to see spare pieces go to trashcan cause they cant be used.

We will be removing current epic pieces and formulas and reimbursing players with equivalent Epic Cores and Epic Tokens. So, you'll lose those obsolete items but begin the game with some tokens and cores which you can use to get started with the system. The specific quantities will be included in the patch notes once we get those ready.

sounds all great Amon- looking forward:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Better plan than mine then Amon. Glad to hear that we'll be getting our money's worth out of the pieces we do have ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    Yes, having him the same identical item but with another texture would be totally game breaking to him!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    We will be removing current epic pieces and formulas and reimbursing players with equivalent Epic Cores and Epic Tokens. So, you'll lose those obsolete items but begin the game with some tokens and cores which you can use to get started with the system. The specific quantities will be included in the patch notes once we get those ready.
    Was that some players are quite close to completing some pieces taken into account? I'm one piece away from completing Reklar's Sash and Tail scale, and know other(s?) who are one piece away from completing items as well.
    Would be ugh to find out that the pieces were exchanged for tokens and I now have a whole bunch of tasks that need to be done to get back to 75% done with the item, token wise.

Thread Information