Thread: Sockets ...

Default Sockets ...

So, I just created some new armor. I tossed an armor socketing kit on my shield and my helm, and am now trying to place crystals in the sockets. No matter what I try, it says the armor socketing effect does not have room for Dark Diamond Armor Crystal. I have tried reclogging and such, but it doesn't seem to change anything as the moment I move either item around equip to unequip, I get hit with insane bulk (bug I know) and am stuck then with one unequipped.

What gives? Other items that have already had sockets in them, like my Chainmail RNGR/ELAR set, can remove and add crystals just fine in the sockets. These two new items just made? Nope.
    rip

Default Re: Sockets ...

It looks like this only effects the Dark Diamond Armor Crystal. The other two crystals (Dark Ruby Armor Crystal +65 Strength, Dark Sapphire Armor Crystal +65 Power) worked fine.
    rip

Ok looked like someone else was able to place the crystal for me ... don't know what was going on there.
    rip

Traded the shield and crystal back to me, and I still get same message trying to socket it.

Anything else to try?
    rip

from my experience:

Make sure you try to socket a SINGLE crystal in- so NOT from a stacked bunch of crystals (splitt first).
    Make sure that no other crystal conflicts with the one you want to put in.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

When crystals are being ornery for me, I find punishing them by putting the item into a silo for a while, then pulling it back out does the trick.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    from my experience:

Make sure you try to socket a SINGLE crystal in- so NOT from a stacked bunch of crystals (splitt first).
    Make sure that no other crystal conflicts with the one you want to put in.
    Nub error, the crystal wasn't split. Thanks! Forgot all about that. Coupled with the bulk bug that makes this all the more difficult, it's be fun times.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    When crystals are being ornery for me, I find punishing them by putting the item into a silo for a while, then pulling it back out does the trick.
    I've had to do the same thing. Worst part was the particular bug was at 40 thousand some odd bulk, and I had to clear out a T6 silo just for that. Don't know what causes it, supposedly it's dyed pieces, but it's hit or miss as for me when it happens.
    rip

I am making a guess here. I have the "weighty" problem with one particular armor piece. It is named:

Antique Obsidian Socketed Socketed Socketed Ironsilk Padded Cap.

This item name is longer than most and is made so long in part by the redundancy of the "Socketed" word (one "Socketed" name for any number of sockets is quite sufficient and had been in effect for 10 years until changed recently).

Perhaps the "overweight" bug is related to items having very long names? Just a guess. (I have other items which are dyed and triple socketed and no "overweight" bug except for this one).

Knossos

I have THE probs with a lot of items.
    All not dyed , short names but triple socketet.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information