Thread: How many people are still playing?

Noodle

Default How many people are still playing?

I was just curious to know how many people are still playing Horizons now that EQ 2 and Half-life 2 are out. I don't see too many people running around much anymore on the Chaos server. Any one have a number?

Default Re: How many people are still playing?

you should have replaed hal-life 2 with wow because hal-life two is a one time game you play it you drool then shelf it wow and eq2 hehe they steal your life away like hz is douing to me :)

so to answer your question im here been playing vor over 341 days and 15 hours now :)

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

HL2 isnt going to have a multiplayer option, as HL and CS etc. did?

Oh and btw, you dont see people running around on Chaos? Do you haev your eyes closed? I still see people everywhere i go. [:P]

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Elfie_Elf

Got tired of Horizons for a while.. Now playing A tale in the desert II.. Got to love it , only crafting and very well thought! Downside . graphics arefar frombeing thebest.

Should be back in Horizons soon . Ya all have a good time [:)]

Well, i've watched the Channel population since the plot auction phase... over 200 on MP over 100 on Construction...

Since Nov. 9th (EQ2 release), i've seen both dwindling. This past weekend (normally a higher population than on week nites), MP was at 102 and Constuction at 10.

The goodbyes Thread shot up from 25, to 57 in the last couple of weeks. Many of those include high lvl players, and REALLY high lvl crafters with LOTS of Techs. Very sad...

As for myself, I am on EQ2 to adventure-- working quests with great stat boosting armor and weapons, jewelry as rewards... no running around 2 hours finding 1 mob for my trophy quests..

When i feel like crafting, i come back to HZ. Crafting is WAYYY too complicated for this lizard brain on EQ2.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

Well as time goes on after the merge/auctions you would expect the construction channel to get smaller, as more plots are being complete, that doesnt mean those people have left game. Since the merge up until last week i was in that channel every day, as i was crafting, but now our plots are done i am not...but i still play.

As for the MP Channel, it is also effected by people doing construction, people looking for the right tools etc. or trying to sell construction materials etc.

So i personally would not use viewing those channels as a good example, infact i wouldnt use viewing any channels as a good way to tell how many people are playing, as alot of people dont use the chat rooms, or if they do they dont neccissarily stay in them after they have got what they wanted.

:o I dunno, I see a ton of people playing alot, in the new brommel area, and out in the high end areas... Try hitting New brom, kion, aug... Im sure youll see a bunch of people hanging out.
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Well like ive said before, i see people EVERYWHERE i go, so unless i have a stalker, i still think there are plenty of people playing.

Well i am on alot and i see people on all the time so there are plenty of people on right now just alot of Newbs but hopefully they will get better.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

FYI, a count I did last night showed fewer than 400 players on-line.

Not sure how many were on hidden mode.

Starting to hear echoes on the server.

FYI people throwing out figures like that means nothing, because of exactly what you said.

You do not know how many players were hidden, and that is just one factor.

For example someone made a simular thread a while back and the figures were even lower, its all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poony666
    ......For example someone made a simular thread a while back and the figures were even lower, its all speculation.

Post the link, so we can identify what might have gone wrong with the earlier approach.

The number reported is accurate for those who are not hidden, and who are on-line at the time of sampling.

I don't throw out numbers.

gopher65

the problem is that all the people congregate in a very few places. The satyr isles sometimes have 50-60 people on each island. if there are only 400 people on at the time that means half of them are on these islands:). So you won't be seeing them in dalimond.

The fact is that you do not know how many people are hidden so the figure you are left with is not a good example for how many players are on the server.

That alone is a big enough factor to make it invalid.

As for the previous thread, i could not find it, maybe you will have better luck.

Thread Information