Thread: Deadly vs Battleforged, and a Deadly tech suggestion

Default Deadly vs Battleforged, and a Deadly tech suggestion

When deciding on Deadly vs Battleforged, you should go with Battleforged. It's superior to Deadly, which only affects the damage and accuracy of the Ravage ability. Once every 2 minutes is a poor idea for a tech kit... Battleforged adds 50 tooth&claw (which adds accuracy and damage to ALL t&c attacks) plus the +10 damage delay adjusted, again to all attacks. Which means it can help Gold Rage.

Currently Deadly is bugged, but even if it was fixed, it's not worth using. If it affected all attacks, then it might be an interesting option... but then it would be nearly identical to Sharper.. Even if Deadly was +100 damage delay adjusted, it wouldn't be worth using for an ability you can only use once every 2 minutes.

I recommend they re-work it into something different than a tech that only affects ravage. Make it a spellcaster claw tech, +100 primal, +15 damage delay adjusted to all spells, +50 accuracy. I know a few spellcasters who would love something like that.

Default Re: Deadly vs Battleforged, and a Deadly tech suggestion

yes. this. please.
    we -need- caster tech kits.

My caster hatchie would love a tech like that. *the Rinn makes grabby paws at the tech* However...

+15 damage delay adjusted to all spells
    Keep in mind that, unlike most melee abilities, casters don't have any spells that multiply damage. +10 DPS maybe be nice for a melee because it increases auto attack damage and makes your Gold Rage hit really hard( 500% damage increase? If I remember correctly?), but it's not so good for casters. If there was a +dps on the tech and it only applied to spells, I think it would have to be somewhat higher than +15.

Yeah, you might be right about that. The +15 delay adjusted for melee add's 45 damage I believe. In comparison, Battleforged would add 27 to autoattacks for a 27 delay claw (I think). For Gold rage, the 500% adjustment might make it add 135 damage per swipe. Not huge but not bad at all.

For spells, 15 damage delay adjusted (not even sure that's possible) would be 75 damage on a 50 delay spell (takes 5 seconds to cast, 15 damage per second on average). That might be decent if someone is spec'd out for spells. Blast going from 350 to 425 for example is decent. I forget the delays of the primal spells atm. 15 extra damage per second is really kinda small sounding. But the aoe spells might balance that a bit. But yeah, dev's could decide what to set the values to, assuming that a delay adjusted damage can be added to spelldamage via a clawtech.

So dev's... thoughts?

I think changing it to work with spells is a good idea.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information