Thread: Gnomekindle and double xp.

Default Gnomekindle and double xp.

I would like to suggest that the double xp event that was just on to celebrate the 10th anniversary be added to the yearly Gnomekindle event. It created a buzz that I haven't seen on Order in a long time. It brought vets back to the game, it got people playing that for a longtime now have done little but pay their subs to keep their lands. It got crafters hunting and hunters crafting because it made the one you liked less to be easier. From speaking to people I really expect the excitement it generated to carry over and benefit the shard community long after it is gone today. It was great idea. I hope it becomes a yearly thing.

It would also be a good thing to run advertising around with it being a set yearly event.

Default Re: Gnomekindle and double xp.

Fully agree with Teto...speaking personally, it pushed me to work on a couple of alts, and I know it also got several of my guild-mates to work on things they normally wouldn't. It's been really cool seeing returning players and quite a few new ones, as well. Plus, it really made Gnomekindle into a major celebration...and, was a lot of fun!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

If I tentatively agree, I would say the timeframe needs to be more limited (and not run into Feb).

On Chaos, it seems that the double exp push has burned out some players. I think it should only be used sparingly.
    Also, for new players they level past the content too quickly.

only 1 week somewhere around christmas?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    If I tentatively agree, I would say the timeframe needs to be more limited (and not run into Feb).

On Chaos, it seems that the double exp push has burned out some players. I think it should only be used sparingly.
    Also, for new players they level past the content too quickly.
    Yay! I don't have a lone disagreement on this!
    1 week sounds much more reasonable
    (i certainly recognised on order people became more selfish during double xp. As much as it is a drive to level, it meant people were so busy leveling they didn't as often help people and there were relatively no epic hunts during...)

I don't think the double exp has burned out anyone that wouldn't have been burned out otherwise.

It just made those gigantic tasks a little more bearable.
    rip

Let's face it, the way the player population is right now Istaria needs all the advertisement it can get. This double xp caused a huge stir and brought more players into the game than I'd seen before, new and old! Making this a recurring part of Gnomekindle would really help to draw people in and keep them there.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I am certainly in favour of shortening it from this years length. Maybe back to the original planned month( I think that was the original planned length). One week seems too short to have any sort of draw and to accomplish what this one did. This one was too long I'll agree but it would need to be more than one week I think.

A word from the other side of the fence though, PLEASE don't time it to coincide with major releases. As a player that did not want to attempt to play a broken game, I missed the double xp completely. Even the lure of double xp is not enough to convince me to play a broken game.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

... and I would ask NOT to have the double exp around Christmas. Maybe it works well for the Northern Hemisphere, but for the Southern, this is our Summer holidays, so staying home and playing Istaria as fun as it is, doesn't quite trump long beach trips and holidays etc.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    A word from the other side of the fence though, PLEASE don't time it to coincide with major releases. As a player that did not want to attempt to play a broken game, I missed the double xp completely. Even the lure of double xp is not enough to convince me to play a broken game.
    That!
    Lots of my friends do the same.
    I am sad they could not take advantage of the double xp:-(
    But I understand why they do that!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Personally I'd say two or three weeks...a month max.

Thread Information