Thread: Oh dear - map pack does not get along with new client -- what do I need to fix ?

Question Oh dear - map pack does not get along with new client -- what do I need to fix ?

Looked like there are changes to how the client figures out what is where
    and it clashes with how the map pack does its thing.

How do I fix that?

Client gives up and wont log in.

Default Re: Oh dear - map pack does not get along with new client -- what do I need to fix ?

As the update that is now on live was on Blight , looking at the blight update feed back might help , along with the posting on the map pack issues w/ the blight client , ( new live client ) does the game just not load at all , or when you click to open maps it says can not find maps , close continue, and you lick close it closes the game ?
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Default Re: Oh dear - map pack does not get along with new client -- what do I need to fix ?

Game initially jut failed to load. Then I did a full scan and update and it worked
    except that it couldn't find some new file. Then I tried follow directions
    to uninstall map pack, re-full scan and update and lost my hotkey bars.
    and the client still can't find the \resources\interface\maps\ files.

After disabling map pack completely, (I'm only on Chaos, and Live was updated today),
    I lost my hotkey bars (all were empty) and still the default maps didn't work.

Would it work for me to install Istaria completely clean, then restore my prefs
    directory from last nights (mondays) backups. Would that also restore the UI
    layouts for those characters? Everything worked fine on Sunday.

Thanks

PS:
    I figured to get the game working again, then try the map pack again.
    Last edited by fuzzynco; February 5th, 2014 at 04:04 AM.

Fuzzynco check your private messages , and let me know if that helps ?
    Andy.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

I've had a new version of map pack all tested last week for Blight and ready for when Blight went Live. Wasn't sure if it was going to be today. But just got off work. Give me and hour or two to reverify they didn't stick anything else that might conflict or if anything needs adjusting. But I have all the issues worked out. Will post something on map pack 3.7 thread soon as I get it posted
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I restored my pref directory from backup and fixed the .def's to point to the \resources\
    from the update and now have my UI & hotkeys back and maps from the update working.

I'm guessing they changed something different then the blight client and that
    that caused the problems. I do still have the green dragon pointer though .

Ok, I have it uploaded in case anyone waiting impatiently. Haven't had a chance to add the update notes yet, but this is a revamp that uses all of Virtrium's new features which you may be unfamiliar with unless you was using the Blight patch before todays live update. This isn't a simple fix, but practically a revamp. New city maps, new buttons (nearby machines). So be sure to read the update notes on the map pack download page later. Can now d/l the new map pack at http://istariareference.com/mappack.asp Again, will update the map pack 3.7 forums page when I have everything squared away

Map pack has went from 35Mb to 149Mb, so that tells you some nice new maps on there, by Virtrium. They did a nice job on this live update

Smile [Resolved] Oh dear - map pack does not get along with new client

Everything seems to be working correctly now.

Thanks

What`s the trick to getting the mappack to work? I may wait anyways due to my client glitching badly on the character launch screen (Each computer start up, and game launch ALL but one character is gone. have to patch only available character, and relaunch game to get rest back) Either way, I do what the mappack`s extracting instructions say, edit my clientprefs common file`s map string to the resources_override/resources/interface/maps but it`s not a valid map string. my mappack IS in the resources_override folder as it should be. What am I doing wronge? Or is this due to my client being messed up?

So, when you look in resources_override folder, you then see a folder called resources, and then inside that resources folder, you see interface folder? Any chance you got two copies in there, but different places?

can someone inbox me a zipped file map...i tryed the other one and faild terribly...iy messed up my map really bad im lost with out my map
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Would recommend you you wipe your old map pack first, just to make sure you don't have a very old version or accidentally have two copies (in different folders).

Do you have any other mods installed? If not, delete your resources_override folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria\Resources_Override).

If you do have other mods you wish to keep, then look for all folders name "Interface", inside of resources_override and delete it. Look for multiple copies to make sure. ie /resources_override/interface and /resources_override/resources/interface . Right click and delete any folder named Interface

Try the exe installer, which is prone to less problems or mistakes while installing @ http://istariareference.com/mappack.asp#download (Look for link that says "Download Map Pack 3.7 + Community Updates (.EXE) " and click that. See how it goes.

------
    Worst case scenario, if you still have problems and just want your regular map to work in mean time. Do the steps above, where you delete resources_override (or the interface folders). Immediately after doing that, skip the download step, and click on the Troubleshoot button on the launcher and do a Full Scan. That should at least restore your regular map.

ill try again..once my game is acually working >.<
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Thread Information