Thread: Awards

Lightbulb Awards

Sometimes i feel that you need extra praise for what you do in istaria.
    I got an idea for like awards for like exploring,killing bosses,crafting, and other stuff and you might get some money and maybe an emblem- You would find these in an awards tab (where you find actions,guild group and that stuff-heres some an examples.

Valkor Slayer- Kill Valkor 20 times and earn 2g and the Valkor Slayer emblem

Istaria's Shield- Help in 40 epic hunts (SoG,Reklar,valkor,MylocQueen,) and earn 2g 600s and Istaria's Shield emblem

Craft Addict- Get to 100 in 3 or more crafting schools earn emblem and get a 3 level 100 crafting crystals

Savior- Revive 100 people with any reviving spell, earn emblem

The Protected- Get to 3k armor once, earn emblem. (yes this is possible with dragon atleast)

Friend of the Bipeds- (dragon only) revive, buff, heal any ped players 2k times. earn emblem and 2g

Friend of the Dragons- (biped only) revive, buff, heal any dragon players 2k times. earn emblem and 2g

The Dyer - Dye 30 armors/scales/weapons/claws with any dye, Earn Emblem

Survivor- Survive 20 epic hunts (Shaloth,SoG,Reklar,Valkor) with out dying, earn emblem

Adventurer- Explore all of the areas on the map!! Earn emblem

Collector of the Death Points- Get 20 dps at one time and earn emblem

Sleeper's assistant- Kill Elial 10 times (dragon only) earn emblem and 1 gold

Forever here- have one character that is older then 3 years, earn emblem

finding the impossible- Find that big wall thingy in the Eastern Deadlands and earn emblem

Hoarder- Have 100g at one time and earn emblem

The Anchor Destoryer- Kill 10 lesser or greater anchors earn emblem and 2g

Werewolf hunter- kill 100 werewolves and earn emblem and 800s

The Ascender- Complete AroP and RoP (dragon only) and earn emblem

The mass classer- Complete all ped classes to 100 (both adv and craft) earn emblem and 2g

Crystal eater- Use 50 crystals from the crystalshaper school and earn emblem

One of the problems i see in this is it would kinda replace the emblem quests but maybe this would be an easier system to just go to your gem and go to your awards tab to see all the titles/awards instead of running around asking people "Yo where did you get that cool emblem??" You would not need to activate any to start working on them they would all be activate when you start the game on your charterer. Current emblems in game would be on this list like Grave Digger, if they are from a questline it would say next to the award that it is the ________ questline

Tell me what you think about this..
    My dragon scroll :O

Default Re: Awards

Great ideas,Satturn!
    Lots of vets need a good reason to join a hunt or craft something, nowadays.
    This could be a good thing until we have some new content.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Nice ideas!

On the anchor killing one, I would have it to kill 10 lesser AND 10 greater, so that someone couldn't just kill only easy ones to get the title.

A few more more ideas, along the lines of the adventuring/exploring titles, could be a quest to locate various little things hidden away all over the world, with little or no description of what to find. "Wanderer of the Blizzard" for example, could require finding 4 interesting, out of the way places in the Mahagra blizzard area. There's 3 or 4 abandoned houses out there, plus the island reached by crossing the ice, plus the tower of sorcery (climb to top). The quest would say something like "find 7 interesting places in the blizzard" and each check under there could be found in any order, but there'd be no specific directions in the quest log. Reward would just be the title. Could also be some coin, but perhaps better would be +40 Ice resistance while the emblem is up.

Do something similar to above, for Char. Title would give +40 Flame Resistance.

Interesting indeed, but what about thoose who already achieved the "kill" goals years ago? For example organize/help in 40 epic hunts or kill Elial 10 times.. Most of the veteran players already been through thoose over hundred of times and more, but database never had any invisible kill counter to give an instant award if the emblem will be added and its not easy to simply go and redo. Yes, the whole point in this emblems is to raise an interest of achievement and prolly bring back oldies to action, but i personally think it would be unfair to force players to farm all thoose old bosses once again just to have a proof that they actually seen and hunted them Speaking for myself here too.
    However i fully support crafting, exploring and other fun stuff emblems. Would be also nice to see an emblem for just "all adventure classes maxed", w/o crafting.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

nahh Chibby- we stopped counting at a certain point^^

What is done- is done-
    I would like the competition with that new generation of strong dragons and bipeds- and would not mind if they beat us ol`houses.
    Maybe- they even invite us to join their hunts.^^
    Seriously- starting anew- has its special charme!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

The D'yer Mak'er!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I dont know about those who had done all the kill goals years Chibi. They'd sadly have to do it again unless the devs know how many times someones kill a mob which i doubt.. But yes i do see what your saying. I was also thinking of an all adventure classes maxed emblem i just didnt really want a 2 page post of all the emblem ideas :P

Yeah Guaran i agree people probably shouldn't be killing the easy ones for the Anchor title i didnt think of that
    I like the exploring title idea also.
    My dragon scroll :O

I like the idea!

*suggests more titles*

The mass classer- Complete all ped classes to 100 (both adv and craft) earn emblem and 2g
    "The Classy" I think would be better for this one.

The Ascender- Complete AroP and RoP (dragon only) and earn emblem
    Adult - "The Large" Ancient - "The Massive" (although, I don't think emblems are /quite/ as needed for RoP/ARoP, as it's pretty obvious you've ascended)

Hoarder
    "Miser"

Valkor Slayer
    "Bloodmages' Bane" (I think valkor is a bloodmage? Reaver/bloodmage combo? "Blood Knight's Bane"?)

Sleeper's assistant
    "The Napper" (cause the Sleeping..Naps......hee...*laughs at bad joke* >.>)

The Anchor Destoryer
    "The Dieter" Because Anchors are celery!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    we stopped counting at a certain point^^
    Maybe- they even invite us to join their hunts.
    That is true, i never counted kills in the first place. What im saying is not everyone, me included, have enough time to join many hunts nowdays unfortunally, and when it will come to competition will have nothing to show. (well maybe 100000 of each epic item in mule's vault )

Quote Originally Posted by Satturn View Post
    know how many times someones kill a mob which i doubt..
    Like i said - no
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Thread Information