Thread: Guild structures!

Default Guild structures!

Are a pain in my scaley hind.

So recently one of my characters joined a friend's guild - they needed help leading their guild.
    Very first thing i did was look at the ranking system. They'd done what i had originally did my ranks...added them, and then had trouble assigning members ranks because although you knew your rank is meant to be higher, they apparently have the higher rank...
    please please please
    can we get some sort of heirachy system for guild ranks?
    so we don't have to delete all ranks and remake them just to sort out the above issue...
    could for example be a number system i.e. say, 1 would be highest rank, 2 second highest etc.

Pretty please with a meaty-creamy dragonic celebration cake on top?

Default Re: Guild structures!

I found this a bit disconcerting too, when I realized it years ago. Had to undo and redo quite a few rank assignments to get things re-ordered the way I wanted them.

Strongly agree with the comments and Azzy's proposed solution of a numbered ranking system, and, if possible, allowing Guild-Masters to assign specific rank "names"...the game would only be concerned with the rank-numbers, while the names would be guild specific, if desired.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

+1 to this.

Small change to save a lot of headaches.
    rip

If this requested change to the Guild Window is to be addressed, would it be possible to restore the sortability of the "Award Points" column on the Guild Roster?

More that one guild assigns an Award Point number to each guild member with that same unique number assigned to each member's alts. Sorting this column then allows ready determination of each member's "alt family".

Knossos

Yes! Good lord it was irritating trying to entirely re-do the rank system in the guild I was originally in, my guildmates will likely remember that fiasco... I managed to get stuck in the lowest rank while trying to re-do the ranks and therefore couldn't re-assign other ranks even though I had full access to everything else and had to bug the GM to get his butt online to resolve the issue... not fun. A hierarchy system would absolutely solve this problem... heck, just being able to move the ranks around would solve this problem. No more re-making the whole rank system just to add another rank somewhere in the middle of the whole mess.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Remember it? We still have the video of you running around, screaming, while you were trying to fix the ranks, Machiepoo...

Good to see you back, too...we wuz starting to worry!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

There's already a hierarchy, you create it yourself.

Guild Steward. This person can assign new GM's
    Guild master. Default assignment for the work of adding, removing members, assigning points and rankings.
    Member.

The above is the default system, more ranks with assigned functions can be created by the gm's.

Not really seeing the problem with the existing system.

oh theres a HUGE problem with it.
    i don't mean permissions - i mean, when assigning someone a rank, you can only assign people into a rank lower than yours.
    now, the rank system works currently, in structure, that ranks that are at the top are of a higher rank than the rank listed at the bottom.
    all new ranks go to the bottom automaticly
    if you make a new rank that's supposed to be higher than those at the bottom, beacuse you can't move any ranks around, it's technicly the lowest rank.
    this means you sometimes need to completely overhaul rank systems and it's a pure molten hell
    Last edited by Azath; March 17th, 2014 at 08:39 PM. Reason: rampant typos, i should chill when typing posts. i probably didn't change them all

Thread Information