Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quest List

Default Re: Quest List

WOW- but..it helps. Thanks
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

That is immensely helpful! It's a great start of the whole thing. Thank you very much!!
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I took this list of quests as the starting point for my own quest checklist. Using a copy of Amon's list cross-referenced with my list of completed quests it seems I'm barely half-way done with the content. I imagine that a lot of the quests I haven't done are dragon-related, but would be surprised if they accounted for almost half of the total available quests. It's hard to tell though, with all the dragon ability quests, the crafting quests for dragons, the RoP and ARoP they may well account for 500 or so quests! That's pretty impressive. Then again, I know that there are still quite a few quests left for me to do by way of new content that has been introduced over a few years.

All in all it's handy to have a reference list, maybe I can use the wiki to categorise some of these quests as available to dragon/biped/all and then see a more realistic estimation of total quest content completed.

Edit: Erase memories of Tinkerer?!? Interesting that a lone craft school can be forgotten
    Last edited by Tzael; May 17th, 2014 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    Edit: Erase memories of Tinkerer?!? Interesting that a lone craft school can be forgotten
    It's a new one and the only craft school that can be forgotten. Something to do with the negative side of high salvaging (potential loss of decon exp) so this is an 'easy' way to negate that.

Might try play around with the list in excel to get a summary of sorts.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    It's a new one and the only craft school that can be forgotten. Something to do with the negative side of high salvaging (potential loss of decon exp) so this is an 'easy' way to negate that.

Might try play around with the list in excel to get a summary of sorts.
    Useful to know about the reasons why tinkerer can be unlearned, thank you!

After you've got your list of quests in Excel, you can quickly write a macro that parses the contents of your net log for your list of completed quests and compares it directly with the list Amon provided. Excel was my first step with this too, but have evolved the concept into a stand-alone utility. I've considered the idea of a web-based comparer but there's every possibility of people uploading net logs that are many megabytes in size, I haven't got the resources to host a site with that sort of traffic overhead either at this point in time. Stand-alone is better for this, I'll see about uploading the code so far to GitHub once I've tidied up the IoC in the code if you're into the code side of things?

I wonder how people get the list of their completed quests out of Istaria. The net log is so... full of all kinds *smirks*
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    I wonder how people get the list of their completed quests out of Istaria. The net log is so... full of all kinds *smirks*
    Enable support logs in the launcher (under Troubleshoot options) then log into the game, check your quest log and completed quests (don't know if this is required but makes sense to trigger a request for completed quests) then log out of Istaria.

Open the net log file from the logs folder in your Istaria game folder, use Notepad or a text editor of your choice. Search for "Message type: sc-quest-completed" and then review the list of quests in there. Hope that helps

hmm goes up to "dquestlist/846" for me.

crazy steps brought me my list then: Pharaxes' completed quests (sorted by PrimitiveID)
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)

I have yet to attempt the method described above to extract my own list of completed quests, but I have tried to briefly categorize the list kindly provided by Amon. Of the 1,277 quests in the list, I categorized 893 (69.9%) so far, the rest I'd have to poke around to find if they're are biped or dragon (or both) questlines, or if they are class restricted and/or what other categories they may belong to.

Most of the uncategorized ones are likely Tutorial/NT, T1 and T2 questlines which can be completed by just about anyone (I think). Most of the crafting school ones are probably Tutorial/NT though. There's probably some of the Doom/Delgrath quests that I haven't attributed as such and are currently 'uncategorized'. I'm sure there's some dragon quests that are also uncategorized.

Anywho, here's a 'quick' summary:

Type Count
    Daily 6 0.5%
    Dragon 336 26.3%
    Spearman 1 0.1%
    Attunement 63 4.9%
    Confectioner 23 1.8%
    Monk 4 0.3%
    Eastern Outpost 4 0.3%
    Blackhammer 3 0.2%
    Blacksmith 26 2.0%
    Burning Archer 21 1.6%
    Cleric 14 1.1%
    Mage 15 1.2%
    Scout 15 1.2%
    Warrior 15 1.2%
    Delgrath 11 0.9%
    Doom 19 1.5%
    Druid 1 0.1%
    Title 43 3.4%
    Erase 29 2.3%
    Trophy 156 12.2%
    Outfitter 25 2.0%
    Scholar 7 0.5%
    Imperial Outpost 19 1.5%
    Vault 23 1.8%
    Storm Disciple 6 0.5%
    Ranger 7 0.5%
    Spiritist 1 0.1%
    Uncategorized 384 30.1%
    Total 1277

PS. I'm certainly not going to claim this is perfect

Alternatively (in case you cannot copy/paste this list and want to know), ordered by Count:

Type Count
    Uncategorized 384 30.1%
    Dragon 336 26.3%
    Trophy 156 12.2%
    Attunement 63 4.9%
    Title 43 3.4%
    Erase 29 2.3%
    Blacksmith 26 2.0%
    Outfitter 25 2.0%
    Confectioner 23 1.8%
    Vault 23 1.8%
    Burning Archer 21 1.6%
    Doom 19 1.5%
    Imperial Outpost 19 1.5%
    Mage 15 1.2%
    Scout 15 1.2%
    Warrior 15 1.2%
    Cleric 14 1.1%
    Delgrath 11 0.9%
    Scholar 7 0.5%
    Ranger 7 0.5%
    Daily 6 0.5%
    Storm Disciple 6 0.5%
    Monk 4 0.3%
    Eastern Outpost 4 0.3%
    Blackhammer 3 0.2%
    Spearman 1 0.1%
    Druid 1 0.1%
    Spiritist 1 0.1%
    Total 1277

Nice bit of research Hallucin8! Did you categorise the quests from memory or is there reference material we can use to do the same thing?

Thanks Almost all of the ones I categorised you can tell by the name. The Imperial Outpost, Eastern Outpost and even some of the Doom/Delgrath quests I guessed from memory, but again the quest name is pretty obvious. It's the other 384 that I hadn't categorised that I wasn't sure on. Many are part of 'recent' revamped areas with quest series, but I just don't know which they belong to. As I level up my new dragon over the next months, I may see what he is offered to fill in some of the uncategorised ones.

If I were guessing, I'd say 50 could be from around Lesser Aradoth, then another 50-100 from the Bristugo into Daliamond Penninsula quest series, plus another 10-20 for the Helian Tombs... if the Cleric's Tower is separate from Daliamond, another 20 or so are probably from that quest line (and maybe Chicons, clearing the battlefield?). Then you have to double most of those numbers because Dragons sometimes had a separate quest line. OH, I can't forget the Winter Vale quests, so there's another 20 or so... I'm sure there's quite a few of the Blackhammer farm quests that I haven't categorised.

I'll try marry them up against Pharaxes (and perhaps my own) completed quest log to get those descriptions and hopefully fill in some of the blanks.

You're welcome to PM me an email address and I can just send you the excel file (or whatever) of what I've done so far. I don't think I can share excel files on the forums, only pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I'll try marry them up against Pharaxes (and perhaps my own) completed quest log to get those descriptions and hopefully fill in some of the blanks.
    it will be very difficult. I also tried to make a list of quests I haven't done yet. Only to notice, that many quests have been renamed over the years. So I couldn't make a "Look up if you have THIS quest already!"-query heh..

So, I'm beginning my dig through the list Amon provided, and I am finding a few duplicates. (For Example, there are two Dimensional Pocket X: Return with News from the Towers of Magic listed, one with a '.' at the end, the other without). Are there actually duplicate quests, or are they accidents, or are there duplicate quest entries in game with some difference in how one gets them? [I can compile a full list ifn you need]
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I know from previous dev comments that some duplicates are to allow dragons to get one reward while bipeds get another (for example, the Valor and Vigilance: Defend New Trismus series). When it comes to duplicates for an ability quest like DP though, I can't begin to guess why there'd be 2 copies of the quest.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Thread Information