Thread: questions about dragons

Default questions about dragons

I just made my first and I'm an inexperienced player, as it is. The few quests in NT got my crafting up to about level 9. After that, what is the best way to grind some crafting levels?

What stats are best for spending training points?

Also, would appreciate any tips from experienced players. I know different people have different play styles, so multiple opinions are welcome.

Default Re: questions about dragons

For crafting at a low level (I think up until 20 or 30?) make and decon spells. At that tier, they only require sandstone spellshards (Nuthala for sandstone!). After sandstone, I usually move on to Slate - you can use either Central Valley or Snowfall for those.

Talent points - Melee dragons (assuming you want more damage) get the most from Tooth and Claw, Casters get the most from Power.

For leveling, I'd recommend going all TP in Primal/Power or all in Strength/Tc. It'll make things go faster.

Do the NT quests (from Kerian and Avariatus) and eitehr way, this will bring you to your kion quests. I suggest doing those (from Gerix in the city, and Xarinnis on the building uphill) either way. Gerix gives you adventure abilties, and Xarinnis craft "bonuses".
    After this you will be sent to Chiconis and Dralk where the majority of dragon quests come from.

As for leveling craft, go to Nuthala (near Parsinia), on both shards there is a plot which contains a scholar shop and a stoneworking shop (and silos if you need them). You level crfat by gatheirng sandsotne inthe nearby quarrying, turning it bricks, to spellshards and then make/deconstuct (suggest putting the "auto-deconstruct" box on when grinding) spells. (Arcane refusal works best in the end, ideally the best spell to make is around 70% efficiency. You can get spell forms from Xarinnis)...this will work until lv30-ish.
    At lv20 you will be able to do teh dragon cargo disk quest too, this will produce a 1 stack 6000 bulk disk along with 15k craft xp for completing the quest. You can get it from Neilenoss the tinkerer, the safe run from Heather (run south from pad to his lair at 22990/25400)

Far as tp is concerned, i would use a tip mori taught me;
    tp goes 6 into t/c or primal, 4 into strength or power, 2 into health until lv20 (primal/power if casting, t/c and strnegth if melee)...i've found this works quite well for leveling to 20 or until you learn how to master your build yoruself...but that's just me.
    Last edited by Azath; February 28th, 2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: so many typos...

Pretty much what was said above. Be sure every 10 craft levels to do your crafting quests (Kion for level 10, split between Chiconis/Dralk for 20+). Adventure you get a lot of quests at x0 levels, and a smaller amount at x5 levels. Do those, they help a ton as they provide upgrades to abilities.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    ... (Arcane refusal works best in the end, ideally the best spell to make is around 70% efficiency...
    That's not correct. You want to be 100% efficient always, you get more exp/resource that way by far. However, for the first 10 levels or so its not possible to be 100% efficient, unless you have high enough adventure level to 4 or 5 wear crafting scales. Always use a spell that is even number of resources at optimal, craft it when optimal.

Blight ward for the lower skill needed, fiery strike for the higher end of the skill range work well. Switch from one to the next after the get fully optimal on fiery strike, and it is giving more exp/resource. That usually happens as soon as you hit optimal on fiery strike.

As you've no doubt noticed, if you ask a dozen dragons' advice on this, you'll probably get a dozen different answers! There's no real "right or wrong" was of building your dragon, although, as Alisto and Azath point out, specific Training Points (TP) do specific things. If you hover your cursor above the stats, there's a short tool-tip about each. Basically, Strength and Tooth/Claw add to melee damage, while Primal and Power add to spell and magical attack damage. It is possible to build a melee dragon or a spell-caster, or a mixture of the two (my Ancient, Tondargaet, is such a hybrid)...keep in mind the truism: all combat devolves to melee.

If you're on Order shard, I know you can find a LOT of advice and suggestions from either the New Player or Dragon chat channels, or, from most of the adult and ancients you may see wandering around (and, quite a few of the hatchies, as well, since many are alts for experienced players)...I've been in-game about 8 months, and have had a blast....have fun!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Thank you, everyone, for the help.

If your craft is still <25, ie Tier 1, it's best to do the highest possible T1 spell you can. The resources barely shifts for the T1 spell shards as you approach optimal. For T2 and onwards, you're going to wanta be at opt (or above). The resources required (mainly the essence) drops drastically at opt, so the exp/resources is much better. At T1, I think the resources required shifts by 1 at opt... you do get a bit more back from deconning, but again, it's like 1 or 2 at opt.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information