Thread: Enchanter Salvaging?

Default Enchanter Salvaging?

Could someone please explain to me why the Enchanter gains 8 points of salvage skill every level? None of the other construction schools gain any salvage skill per level. After all, there is nothing for an enchanter to deconstruct.
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Default Re: Enchanter Salvaging?

Almost all craft schools have an overlap with another school. Mason can make/decon stone tools for XP; same goes for the Fitter making/deconning Metal tools as a couple examples. It is the overlap that allows a player to quickly level related schools very fast (1-3 days to go from 1-100) after having achieved 100 (or nearly) in a lesser school.

Confectioner being the one known exception as it was revamped some years back - but the base XP for it's craftable items are higher. I believe another exception, is the Alchemist - not sure if there is anything else that one can make/decon for XP - but then it's been a long time since I had to do any craft leveling having mastered them all before getting my first 100 adventure school.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    Almost all craft schools have an overlap with another school. Mason can make/decon stone tools for XP; same goes for the Fitter making/deconning Metal tools as a couple examples. It is the overlap that allows a player to quickly level related schools very fast (1-3 days to go from 1-100) after having achieved 100 (or nearly) in a lesser school.

Confectioner being the one known exception as it was revamped some years back - but the base XP for it's craftable items are higher. I believe another exception, is the Alchemist - not sure if there is anything else that one can make/decon for XP - but then it's been a long time since I had to do any craft leveling having mastered them all before getting my first 100 adventure school.
    The only overlap that I'm aware of is the fact that an alchemist, scholar, and gatherer also get experience for making orbs. There is nothing besides orbs, spheres and source for an enchanter to make. There is no quick skill up for enchanter but I wasn't even asking about that.

I'd like to know why enchanter gains salvage skill when none of the other construction schools (which can be quick leveled by making and deconning items) don't receive salvage.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
    I'd like to know why enchanter gains salvage skill when none of the other construction schools (which can be quick leveled by making and deconning items) don't receive salvage.
    It's been like that since day 1, so I doubt the devs can see into the minds of the devs 10 years ago. But, as you point out, the other construction schools can be leveled by making/deconning tools. As there are no 'essence' tools, perhaps giving enchanter salvaging was their way of letting enchanter level up by deconning stuff (albeit you would need another school from which to actually make something which could then be deconned).
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    It's been like that since day 1, so I doubt the devs can see into the minds of the devs 10 years ago. But, as you point out, the other construction schools can be leveled by making/deconning tools. As there are no 'essence' tools, perhaps giving enchanter salvaging was their way of letting enchanter level up by deconning stuff (albeit you would need another school from which to actually make something which could then be deconned).
    How would you get experience for deconning something from another school? The salvaging is applicable to the school, you would get a message similar to "you did not receive experience as it's not your current school". There is still the problem that there is nothing the enchanter can make other than orbs, spheres and source.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Enchanters can make "Gadgets", which can be deconstructed. Beginner, Journeyman, Expert Battle Standard (Banners).

It seems to me that you have the same theme in all your post .. this is way too hard .make it easier . i mean no offense but some have been playing Istaria the way it is for 10 years now and have mastered crafting and all other challanges . if Istaria is that hard you might want to listen to master crafters and find out how they did it when you had to gather in the midst of mobs . you might also want to think about like a friend says
    Things make more sense when you know more about Istaria.
    It was never ment to be an easy one.
    See the challenges- face them-and enjoy.
    Life is not always a bowl of cherries- even not in Istaria

There is still the problem that there is nothing the enchanter can make other than orbs, spheres and source.
    Don't forget there are more than one type of orbs that enchanters can make...

Plus Enchanter gains levels SO easy when you're working on plots that it takes no time at all to gain levels. Then you find you've increased salvaging beyond your other skills, and deconning for those other classes doesn't give experience unless you equip a bronze salvage awl and decon manually (which slows things down and gets tedious). It's easy enough to work around, just takes a few more clicks. One tip that makes it a lot less frustrating is to swap from grid mode to list mode - then can easily grab all the stuff to decon.

If you work on alchemy, you'll find enchanter is incredibly helpful then!

Thanks Yildar and Guaran

@terrox
    I'm sorry that you think that I'm whining. I was always taught that when you do not understand something to ask a question. You can learn a lot by asking questions and not just accepting something at face value.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

OT: I think if we read the original post just as it is, it seems like an unusual question to ask; but I don't see any complaint being made, although there might be some sense of exclamation or frustration at not knowing the answer...

How would you get experience for deconning something from another school? The salvaging is applicable to the school, you would get a message similar to "you did not receive experience as it's not your current school".
    Um, you would get experience if your salvaging skill were the one being used to deconstruct the item, since it IS one of the school's primary skills.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Enchanters can make "Gadgets", which can be deconstructed. Beginner, Journeyman, Expert Battle Standard (Banners).
    did they put the quests back in the game to get the nature tokens needed to be able to buy battle standards anymore. last I heard they removed the quests

Quest is gone, but the t4 revamp will include a replacement method for getting the tokens.

Thread Information