Thread: Salvaging awls

Default Salvaging awls

I'm leveling my fletching skill and I need a awl to bring my salvaging skill down as it's higher than my fletching skill,which means that I get no xp from salvaging bows. But the ones I make myself limit it to 250 which doesn't help at it's currently at 208. I need the Refurbished Bronze Salvage Awl item,but I can't find anyone that sells it around Dalimond,and I can't teleport as I'm carrying around 500+ boards at the moment and I don't want to leave my cargo disk lying around,if I detach it to teleport as I'm worried someone might help themselves to the stuff I have in it,or make off with the disk. Where would I be able to buy the item in question,as chat didn't seem to know where I could acquire one?

Default Re: Salvaging awls

Bahaha! No one else has access to your disk, ever Detaching your disk simply does just that, it's still equipped, it won't magically be anyone else's and no one can see it anyway.

Don't think there is such thing as refurbished tools, but I could be wrong. My suggestion would be to go find a tinker trainer and ask for the training tools. The training awl should cap it at 50 as all training tools do.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I looked for a refurbished or training awl and never found either. My suggestion would be to either make items and sell to Pb until you hit 250 and can use bronze awl or you could put your boards on the bris Connie and make more until you hit 250, then get them back and make items then. Or you can deconstruct to get the boards back without exp for a bit. If you do find a 50 skill awl share where as I will have alts in the same boat.

I just checked the database and the base Salvage Awl is the Bronze one.

Just level past it, don't worry about the salvage exp for now. In 5 to 10 levels you will start getting exp for the decon process.

There is a long way around the issue. Its a lot of grinding, but imo the most efficient in the long run. Do Miner, Gatherer and Tinkerer to Level 80. From that point, decon experience wont even be an issue. Because now, you can dig or gather Tier 5 materials. Making T5 bars, slabs, essence or whatever is very fast experience when you are leveling other low level school Example, Level 1 Armorer. Make a cargo disk full of mithril bars and watch how you go from level 1 to 15 or 20 in one or two loads ^_^

And there is no training awl available. Would come in handy for those situations you're in (I too was in the same boat once). Also if you do that method, don't take Enchanter or Tailoring (which also gets salvaging skill) past level 80 either (you can later on in life, but for now, just don't do it).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information