Thread: Software more than hardware

Default Software more than hardware

Yep. But still.
    UMmmmm so i have no idea what happened but:
    Istaria launcher wouldn't log in after i crashed, went to go report it, but support site doesn't load.
    Decided to go uninstall some programmes because i was getting tired of a process that i never used. Uninstalled two: aria ignite, and, more importantly, whilokii (i think that's it's name?)
    Then problems got worse. Added onto only being able to go forums in terms of istaria, google has broken. Gmail won't load, if the google search bar loads, the search never goes through. Similarly, most of youtube doesn't work. And then, every single other website loads genereally much more slowly if it works.

Whilokii is adware, something that i've wanted gone for a looong time, seems to have screwed me over for uninstalling it?

Can anyone help??

(and p.s. virus scans are impossible. or, in depth ones anyway. my laptop has no proteciton aprat from spybot search and destroy, and niether basic microsoft protection nor S&D are turning up anything?)

i crashed talking to korchak, haha, sorry!

Default Re: Software more than hardware

eep.
    sorted it by msyelf.
    i think. probably.
    sorry!

First, if you have mcaffee or norton, you'll want to get rid of those useless piles of resource sucking garbage.

Pick up a copy of avast antivirus - leave on at all times.

Once installed, run a boot time scan - it will go through your computer before windows even starts and start poking round for viruses and potentially unwanted malwares. If you find a virus, clean it up. When scan concludes, if you were clean, continue here. If you had anything found, start windows and set up another boot time scan. Repeat scanning & cleaning until you come up 100% clean and then you can continue.

Install malwarebytes. Run a full scan - it'll hunt down everything it can.

Go install chrome web browser or firefox and add adblock plus and noscript extensions immediately.

Still slow? Defrag your computer and restart.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    First, if you have mcaffee or norton, you'll want to get rid of those useless piles of resource sucking garbage.
    LOL how very very true :P

Thread Information