Thread: Berserker

Default Berserker

Hello fellow Istarians.

I recently started a new biped to try out new school combinations and to experience the fun of levelling up again; I chose Berserker as my main class. As I leveled up, I noticed a few things:

1- Torn Wounds does no damage;
    2- Hamstring doesn't make any noticeable difference on the mobs' speed;
    3- Berserk Rage/Improved Berserk Rage = Godmode XD

Now, since I didn't find any thread with the name "Talk to the Team: Berserker" I had to post here. Could this be looked at? That is, Torn Wounds and Hamstring; perhaps by adding additional ranks on both abilities and reducing the time between ticks on Torn Wounds? Or maybe make Hamstring a percentage reduction on speed, rather than a flat amount?

Thank you for reading. I hope the devs see this.

Default Re: Berserker

1- Torn Wounds does no damage;
    I think this had a 5% proc chance last I checked o.o might be doing no damage because it just doesn't proc on mobs? Zerk kills things fast, it might not even have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    I think this had a 5% proc chance last I checked o.o might be doing no damage because it just doesn't proc on mobs? Zerk kills things fast, it might not even have time.
    Well, when I say "no damage", what I want to say is "almost no damage" XD. Emphasis on (reverse) exaggeration. I've had this proc on mobs and it does pitiful damage. Roughly 40 a tick.
    Yes, it does have a 5% proc chance - delay adjusted if I'm not mistaken.

The issue with Torn Wounds (Tearing Blades) is likely cause the DoT lasts for 105 seconds, only ticks every 15, and does relatively low damage that can be negated with armor/resistance. IF the 5% fires very often then you'd overwrite the DoT already on the monster. Might be interesting to do something different with it instead of more damage (especially since the Berserker already does a lot). For example, what if in addition to a minor DoT it also reduced the target's recycle... thinking that you're losing blood, maybe it makes you more lethargic, less able to attack quickly.

Hamstring (renaming to Hamstrung) did seem low so I'm adjusting it.

Agreed about Berserk Rage. I'd place it into the same boat as Gold Rage. Its a stupidly overpowered ability.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; April 11th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Agreed about Berserk Rage. I'd place it into the same boat as Gold Rage. Its a stupidly overpowered ability.
    I wouldn't necessarily say so.
    I beleive, after the buff from rage, there is a debuff that makes you a lot weaker. I think it's intended so you time it; only for a strong mob/end of a battle or whatever.
    It's strong, but also sets you back a lot if ill-timed. Assuming the debuff part still works.

Yay thanks Amon!

Maybe it could increase both the delay and recycle, increasing per rank since lethargy from loss of blood works for both of them. Like 5% rank 1 at level 40, 10% rank 2 at level 60, 15% rank 3 at level 80 and 20% rank 4 at level 100. Also, the DoT should tick every 3-5 seconds, not every 15, even if it deals less damage, so it doesn't waste so much damage if reapplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say so.
    I beleive, after the buff from rage, there is a debuff that makes you a lot weaker. I think it's intended so you time it; only for a strong mob/end of a battle or whatever.
    It's strong, but also sets you back a lot if ill-timed. Assuming the debuff part still works.
    All I know of the zerker is that with all its buffs up it will out damage even an Ancient. Whilst I don't think that this is actually a bad thing I do think it makes the zerker stand out amongst the ped classes. Again not a bad thing. Although I do wish other ped classes got something that makes each class particularly special in what it does.

Healer is another that stands out in its niche (no one heals like a healer)

Druid and Ranger also stand out due to cloak of thorns; bloodmage for the highest mystic dps; and mage for the arcane side; though none of these classes and out-dps a berserker. I wish at least they could be on par, which they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by vencedor View Post
    Druid and Ranger also stand out due to cloak of thorns; bloodmage for the highest mystic dps; and mage for the arcane side; though none of these classes and out-dps a berserker. I wish at least they could be on par, which they aren't.
    Cloak of thorns isn't exactly unique many of the arcane classes have something similar.. and whilst they can't out DPS a berzerker they are much more flexible.

that said i do wish there was a more unique feel to many of the classes

Quote Originally Posted by vencedor View Post
    Maybe it could increase both the delay and recycle, increasing per rank since lethargy from loss of blood works for both of them. Like 5% rank 1 at level 40, 10% rank 2 at level 60, 15% rank 3 at level 80 and 20% rank 4 at level 100. Also, the DoT should tick every 3-5 seconds, not every 15, even if it deals less damage, so it doesn't waste so much damage if reapplied.
    Those are certainly reasonable suggestions. I'll take them into consideration.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information