Thread: Forest Skulk Hunt-Master

Default Forest Skulk Hunt-Master

I was required to take out this mob for a quest as I need something he has in his possession. Anyways as he's around the same level as the other skulks near him I pulled him well away from them and then switched to my mace and shields and started hitting him,which is when I found out that he hits way harder than I can manage on my 23 healer,and I did manage to out-heal him for a time,but eventually the abilities he was using got the best of me. Is there a way of knowing around when I'll be able to engage him with a chance of winning,as I'd like to start the other quests in this line soon,if possible?

Default Re: Forest Skulk Hunt-Master

The skulks/vandus/tombs questlines aren't meant to be solod; as you said, it's impossible to do them alone.
    A small group of lv25s usually can handle it, otherwise, for this part you'd need lv30+, and i think around 40 for that part that follows to do it alone.

It can be done, have nailed it with 26 shaman and a 26 reaver (both multi-classed). Maybe wasn't intended for solo but the shaman was able to do all of the skulk quests in that line. Haven't tried the subsequent undead but they sure are a brand new leaf -- slaughtered my little duo group many times -- but we are trying to beef it up with additional classes instead of from 40 on our main class. The skulk quests I thought were challenging at first but they are really not that hard once you play around with it a bit, given that you can do a decent amount of healing. My pure dps toon couldn't quite handle it at 26 but I don't think it's very far down the road.

He's been adjusted in the next delta. "Forest Skulk Hunt-Master no longer gets a damage boost." Whenever that actually gets to blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I am sorry to hear the hunt master got nerfed . I enjoyed his challange and Yes I did solo him but that was why I enjoyed the challange just like the forest skulk shaman you had to learn how to pull him and maybe buff yourself up more but it could be done . I am sorry but DON"T nerf the hunt master

Quote Originally Posted by terrox View Post
    I am sorry to hear the hunt master got nerfed . I enjoyed his challange and Yes I did solo him but that was why I enjoyed the challange just like the forest skulk shaman you had to learn how to pull him and maybe buff yourself up more but it could be done . I am sorry but DON"T nerf the hunt master
    ^^^
    this
    he's a boss mob (not exaclty world boss, but a lv20 doing the quest certainly thinks so ;p) he should have the actual strength of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeth View Post
    my 23 healer,and I did manage to out-heal him for a time,but eventually the abilities he was using got the best of me.
    this is why we need alittle more offensive abilities on healer . as you have said many times Amon " Healer is a helper class ". some of us like using healer as a main class but that is in another post . healer are not meant to be a solo class ( but i would also like to see it become 1 )

Hmm. On that particular one, I didn't think it was so much a damage boost, as his critical strike.

Healing seems like better soloing to me, with some healing I could do this mob at 26, but on a pure dps toon, still couldn't get it at 29.

Just did that quest solo on my Cleric 26. I'm not sure why some people are sad the Hunt-Master got nerfed, he's still difficult to solo as he has 2 skulk trackers that aid him in the fight. To be honest though, my cleric had the benefit of abilities from his Chaos Warrior school, especially the CHSW dps abilities.

@Terrox Healer just isn't a great solo take on the world type class. It's a support class. It is however a great class to play with your druid. Druid heals almost as good as a healer, just get Healer, Warrior, Mage to 100 first. Then with druid you can hit like warrior, heal like Healer, cast like Mage and take on anything. Multi-Classing is where it's at.
    -Kor

@ korchak if you knew who i was , then your last post would never had been posted . my healer has all, the benefits of 16 other adventure classes at 100 and hopefully soon all 27 other adventure classes . and yes you are right Multi-classing is where it is at ( until the devs nerf yet another biped class and eliminate another cross over ability ) . but i do still think that healer could be a great solo class if it was given some love with damage ability and great offensive spells

Thread Information