Thread: Marketplace

Default Marketplace

Currently we have a few confectioners that sell formulas and other stuff,of which a few are frequently used. If I want a particular formula I have to check them all,which takes time and new players have no way of determining which ones are used. Would it be possible to add a method of checking which items are on sale,and where? Possibly I could get the confectioner to import the item in question,if it's across the other side of Istaria for an additional fee?

Default Re: Marketplace

(I think you mean consigner(sp), not confectioner?)

I believe there have been a few suggestions of this nature, asking for all consigners to be linked, global consignment if you will.
    I think the main reason given that it hasn't been implemented is that it could greatly slow down the whole process. Across all consigners there could be well over a thousand different items listed, so having to load all those every time you wanted to load the consignment window could take a long time. I think there may even be a limit to the number of items it can display at any one time.

(There's probably other issues regarding the separation of normal consigners and player-built ones as well.)

Still, should tech prevail, it would be a welcome change in my opinion too.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Indeed I did mean consigner but the exact wording escaped me at the time. I did understand that this will tank the process,which is why I was hoping for a dev to post on whether it's possible or not,with what they have to work with currently.

Also - mind only imperial consigners can be merged.
    If you put plots into the same inventory, then it grows very complicated because some people have private consigners and such. So it will be a lot of work merging them correctly.

On the matter of display issues and such; i think there may be a limit..i notice on chaos that i have to jiggle around with fliters for some things to see all of one catagory sometimes.

A thought I had was, is there away to link the consigner DB to a web site so a player could go there to see where an item is?
    I'm sure if it could be linked someone could come up with a way to display it on a web site.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

I used to maintain a manually-updated consigner search for Chaos on bristugo.com, though it was a pain in the tail. Run around, trade with all the well-known consigners, upload logs, find out I forgot to turn on logging, run around again, upload logs, run update script.

I'll see about trying to get an automated source of data and expanding to the other two shards, so at least that functionality will be available to the community.

As far as merging imperial consigners goes, you need to be careful about what you mean by "merge". If you mean "examine the inventories of all imperial consigners from one place", then that's feasible from a technical standpoint, albeit a lot of extra programming if it's to be done from within the client. If you mean "make all imperial consigners share the same inventory", that's probably not going to fly from a design standpoint, as it would allow unrestricted, instantaneous transport of large amounts of resources. (Yes, I'd oppose that change too.)
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information