Thread: Essence Harvesting Mastery IV: Collect 100 Tainted Pale Essence

Default Essence Harvesting Mastery IV: Collect 100 Tainted Pale Essence

This quest does not appear to recognize Tainted essence harvesting from slain wisps on Abandoned Island as valid,for some reason,as I spent a good few hours harvesting tainted essence there,and the quest counter refused to update from 0 of 100 essence collected.

Default Re: Essence Harvesting Mastery IV: Collect 100 Tainted Pale Essence

There is no counter in the quest. It actually doesn't care where you get the essence (at the moment), so long as you return to Caspuras with 100 to turn the quest in.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You may want to make that a bit clearer then,as the other quests in this line,once you start collecting a counter does come up that keeps track of the exact amount of resources collected,and it's logical to assume that they should be the same,or at least similar in that respect.

You can tell by looking in the quest journal. Those that require you to gather and count it say collect or gather and say 0/XX. Those that it doesn't matter where you get it just say "bring xxx" to the quest giver and give no counter in the right in the journal.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

it doesn't triger, when you talk to Caspuras with essence anyway

I have this quest on a character on Blight and the quest counter doesn't increase when I collect tainted pale essence.
    horizons_1410198161.jpg
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by SuHuz View Post
    I have this quest on a character on Blight and the quest counter doesn't increase when I collect tainted pale essence.
    horizons_1410198161.jpg
    Looking at the wording of the quest it says to loot the tainted essence from the corpses of wisps, this might be why the quest isn't updating when you're gathering tainted essence. I'm just making a guess based on what the quest is asking the player to do.

Indeed, it says "loot", but I played for several years and I've never seen a place where I could loot tainted pale essences.
    Further more, on Enraged Pale Wisps, we can loot pale essence only.
    And I tried to kill Pale Wisps:"Pale Wisp never has anything of value for you."
    Last edited by SuHuz; September 8th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael View Post
    Looking at the wording of the quest it says to loot the tainted essence from the corpses of wisps, this might be why the quest isn't updating when you're gathering tainted essence. I'm just making a guess based on what the quest is asking the player to do.
    all other quests are worded the same way, but require gathering.

edit:
    and yes this is happening on live shards. i have already submitted a ticket and hoping it gets fixed soon so my draggie can do it.

Thread Information