Thread: Row of Tulips for plots

Default Row of Tulips for plots

I've added some Cluster of Tulips and Row of Tulips structures to my plot, and purchased the required amount of Bag of Tulip Bulbs from the Spring Festival vendor. The bag of tulip bulbs was successfully applied to the cluster of tulips using an Istarian Army Knife.

When trying to apply the bag of tulip bulbs to the row of tulips I get the following message:
    "You are not using the correct tool to work with the material Bag of Tulip Bulbs. The correct tool is: Ingenuity Ability."

It's been a while since I last played, my understanding is that bipeds don't get an ingenuity ability, and we rely on the Istarian Army Knife to carry out any actions relating to ingenuity. Is this still the case? If so, then I'm guessing this is a minor bug?

Default Re: Row of Tulips for plots

Odd, a dragon can only plant tulips. Funny, I didn't think their claws had that much dexterity. They usually in the business of smooshing flowers and vegetation.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Does it need a higher tool level than the bronze Istarian army knife? I noticed with a banner flag that I had to make and use an iron knife to apply.
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

It is bugged and is missing the army knife so only registers the ability right now. Will fix it for the next update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Can confirm this. My kitty uses a mithril knife to do so and cannot apply them.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate the input

Now if only I'd checked the Blight update 258 patch notes before I purchased those bulbs lol! Glad to see they'll be cheaper for everyone soon

Of course we have dextrous claws.

We can cast spells!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Minor bug related to the row of tulips construction - it only asks for 1 pale essence construction source per unit instead of 2. All other construction materials for the row of tulips require 2 per unit (except for the bulbs, they're 1 per unit which I think is correct).

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    It is bugged and is missing the army knife so only registers the ability right now. Will fix it for the next update.
    I logged in after the patch but found myself still unable to apply the bulbs with an Istarian army knife.

Today's patch would not have fixed that. Today's patch only included those items listed in the Delta 258, which was released to Blight before this was reported, and thus not included.

As Amon said, it will take an update to fix this, and that next Content Update won't be for some time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Today's patch would not have fixed that. Today's patch only included those items listed in the Delta 258, which was released to Blight before this was reported, and thus not included.

As Amon said, it will take an update to fix this, and that next Content Update won't be for some time yet.
    Sorry to hear that. From Amon's post I was led to believe that it was a straightforward fix being rolled out with the next update. I didn't realise he meant the next update after the next one to hit the live shards. Thank you for the clarification.

An update is a major content update. So what Amon said is true. This is most often a set of "patches" or "deltas" that have been collected together from what went to Blight.

What went out today was a fixer-patch. I think that's where the confusion is coming from. If we say "patch" or "delta", it means a small fixer (which still has to start with Blight and then go live). We use the term "update" differently from how you are using it.

Thread Information