Thread: Unable to gather essence from wisps

Default Unable to gather essence from wisps

After the patch I found myself quickly needing a few pale essence orbs and I was near Dalimond so I visited the small patch behind the spiritist trainer's location south-west of Dalimond.

I was surprised to find that I couldn't gather essence from the weakened pale wisps or a lone enraged pale wisp located there. Even after killing the enraged wisp I was not able to gather from its corpse. The pale essence residue in the vicinity was my only viable source of pale essence.

Default Re: Unable to gather essence from wisps

Confirmed for Radiant Wisps (regular and weakened) as well just south of Harro, north of the Thornwood Treants.

-Edit-
    To hopefully expedite solution, I submitted a ticket about this bug (ID#19501).
    Last edited by Cilok; April 30th, 2014 at 02:50 AM.
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

I'm having the opposite experience. Just gathered 2030 essence off a *single* radiant wisp (not weakened or enriched). While I'm loving not having to hop from wisp to wisp, this does seem to be a bit much for a regular wisp...

Hmm. Obviously I was on my dragon, I'm assuming you were on a biped Brighde? And Tzael, were you on a dragon or biped when you had the issue?
    Chaos: Xingolos PlagueWind (31 Hatchling: 23)---Cilok Magmaborn (retired Lunus Ancient: 100/100/60)---Turacegos Blizzardwing (20 Hatchling: 19)---Bilkur Tinkerton (Gnome adjusting to life on Spirit Isle)

Biped, hope that helps.

I do know Brighde is a biped.

Brig got like 1620 essence from a regular radiant wisp first time, then that 2030 on next one (only two I can confirm via hearsay (chat)). But said those extraordinary high numbers didn't occur on weakened or enriched. So only those high numbers on biped, radiant (regulars) only, it seems?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Hmm, I just tried the weakened pale wisp by Morrison, Spiritist Trainer. I can harvest those no problem. Wasn't any regulars nearby...

Just to update everyone else, I'm working with Velea through my ticket to figure this out. I was trying again at Radiant Wisps (unsuccessfully), and there was another ancient going through with absolutely no problem gathering from the wisps. I tried clearing world cache and doing a full scan to no effect, and I even went to Isle of Wisps and tried dim/pale/glowing wisps and was unable to gather from them (yet the residue I could gather from fine). Does not seem to be a widespread issue, targeting only certain players. Since I know Tzael was also having issue I'll try to keep my status working with Velea up-to-date in this thread just so others encountering this issue know what is going on.

We believe that the problem has to do with certain quests that you have active.

If you have any of the following quests active, please try deleting or completing those quests before you go gathering wisps.

(Daily) Artifact Hunt
    Eternity: Trandalaran Style
    Honoring An Old Friend (Part 1)

As I said, we believe that we have a fix for this and are rolling to to Blight soon for testing.
    Last edited by Velea; April 30th, 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Edited because the quest list is pretty specific

Just to add to what Velea said, be sure to relog after you complete/remove the quests to ensure that you can gather the essence again. When I tried after completing Eternity: Trandalaran Style on my dragon I was still unable to gather essence. Then I relogged and everything works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighde View Post
    I'm having the opposite experience. Just gathered 2030 essence off a *single* radiant wisp (not weakened or enriched). While I'm loving not having to hop from wisp to wisp, this does seem to be a bit much for a regular wisp...
    I know this is off topic and that the issue (of original post) was addressed about not being able to gather with certain quests activated.

I wanted to toss out another possible bug regarding above quote.

Enriched Bright Wisp - I am able to fill up my entire disk, pet and regular inventory off one wisp. Was able to get 2052 essence. But not because the wisp stopped giving up the essence (I just ran out of space). The weakened bright wisps behave normally (small handful). I couldn't find any "regular" wisps to test this on. So I'm also loving I don't have to hop wisp to wisp... But don't think this is intended behavior.

Enriched Wisps are motherlode wisps so that is the correct amount.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information