Thread: Scribing & Knowledge Book

Default Scribing & Knowledge Book

Today I went and purchased several of the Craft III techs and scribed them. I went to make an item, and the craft technique wasn't in my creation window and several Craft III techniques didn't show under knowledge either. I thought maybe I had missed the techniques, went back to the quarter master, then as I hovered over the techniques they showed as not scribed so I bought them again. However after making this purchase, these techniques could NOT be scribed though they appeared as not scribed in the NPC's trade list window.

Apparently I had reached the limit of the knowledge book - there was no error or warning, the techniques just would not show. I deleted several beginner formulas where I had scribed the journeyman formulas and my missing techniques appeared. So I spent over 25 silver on techniques that were already scribed but not showing in knowledge book

Please either increase the number of formulas/techniques in the knowledge book, split spells, formulas and techniques into 3 books or at least provide some kind of system response when the knowledge book is full!
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Default Re: Scribing & Knowledge Book

I am unaware of any limit on techniques in your knowledge book. If you know which ones they are, you might want to file a support ticket about them because not having them show up sounds like a bug.

That's why I've posted it here under bugs.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Spells, Techniques and Formulas all use separate "books" (containers actually) already. The limits are 200, 1000, and 1000 respectively. If you truly cannot find it you will need to submit a support ticket. Be sure to include your character name and shard.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well Amon, I didn't delete any Techniques. The 4 Techniques did not appear in my knowledge book until I had deleted several of the beginner forms.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
    Well Amon, I didn't delete any Techniques. The 4 Techniques did not appear in my knowledge book until I had deleted several of the beginner forms.
    Sounds like maybe a display bug then rather than a problem with the container or scribing it. That or a filter was set that was hiding it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I repurchased Craft: Carpentry III, Craft: Logging III, Craft: Lumbering III, and Craft: Essence Harvesting III because they didn't display as scribed when I repurchased from quarter master. These tech formulas are now sitting in my small Saris house because the quarter master won't even buy them back.

I was trying to make gold rings, none of those craft techs were available even though previously scribed. Even after the repurchase, these craft techs were not available for making gold rings and didn't display in knowledge book until beginner formulas were deleted.
    Dee
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Try patching up your client, go to troubleshooting and tell it to do a full scan.

You are saying that you have a craft tech scribed, but it wouldn't apply to the gear, right? Craft techs only got on certain pieces of gear. I believe logging and lumbering go on rings but not earrings, carpentry going on ears and neck but not rings. It will be something along those lines. If you saw none, your client might have some issue. A full patch might resolve that.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Spells, Techniques and Formulas all use separate "books" (containers actually) already. The limits are 200, 1000, and 1000 respectively. If you truly cannot find it you will need to submit a support ticket. Be sure to include your character name and shard.
    Excellent, was wondering what the current values are! Noticed that I was no longer restricted by the number of formulas I had scribed when I came back and was able to start scribing lots of new ones

Thread Information