Thread: out of tier quest requirement for Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!

Default out of tier quest requirement for Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!

The quest Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible! is offered to level 80 confectioners but it requires tier 6 food resources, urchins, to make 3 Rare Main: Nellie's Urchin Linguini. Urchins are a bonus resource from tier 6 fish nodes and require 1100 preparing skill to process. A level 80 confectioner cannot do that. Plus there is a four hour time limit on the quest, so asking others for help is impractical without either foreknowledge of the quest or deleting it and restarting after gathering the components.

Default Re: out of tier quest requirement for Rare Foods: Dinner? Impossible!

Will look into the level requirement. The rest of the points aren't bugs.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I always considered the tier 6 thing part of the "Impossible" part. ;-)

The problem is not the level requirement of Confectioner, but the preparing skill which Confectioner only gets 8/lv.

So unless you have level 100 Gatherer which gets 10/lv, even a level 100 Confectioner can't do it afaik.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Minimum level required to start a quest does not necessarily equal capability to do the quest. This is the same issue RoP runs into, where folks assume that they should be able to do the whole thing without help just because they can start it. The impossible dinner, in my mind, is an epic crafting quest - it should require skill above & beyond what is normal for the class. Maybe the wording of the quest at the start could be modified to make that clearer?

RoP doesn't have a time limit. Dinner? Impossible! does. Not much point in offering the quest to someone that has zero chance of completing it.

eighty,
    if you are on Chaos give me a tell in game if you see me, i can supply you the cleaned Urchins.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Thanks for the offer, Gimbold, but I hit 100 Confectioner (and 90 Gatherer a while back) and dealt with the urchins myself.

Thread Information