Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone ever truly leave Istaria?

Default Re: Does anyone ever truly leave Istaria?

Indeed , EI Left a deep Wound and divided the community , One day EPION will return to endlessly harass the blight. but only if the blight are on the move , Or new dragon trates are implemented I tried playing a biped once never really enjoined it
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Well, I tried to make a trial account to see if maybe...
    But alas, the verification email never arrived and I honestly can't be bothered to jump through hoops.
    "If the email is not showing up in your inbox or spam folder, please open a support ticket at https://support.istaria.com so we can activate your account."
    Err. No. I won't. That needs to be fixed, because I've tried twice and both times the email didn't arrive.
    Makes me wonder how many new people try to sign up...and end up having to open a support ticket -- that is *not* a good advertisement.
    (In comparison: Aion email took 5 seconds. Same email. So I know it works.)

And as another P.S. : I tried to open a ticket. But because the account isn't verified, I can't log in to request the account to be verified.
    What gives?

Ignore me. Email arrived. I'll be making a little draggy on uh...Chaos.

I'm back after a 7 year break to see what's changed. The biggest draw for my returning was the play-forever-for-free option, which was not available back in 2007 when I left. The only thing I'm sad about is that I can't carry on with my original character without paying a sub (I can't justify spending the money unfortunately), and anyway the plot and house and other structures I had built with that character are long gone. I'm enjoying my return for now.

Istaria has a way with people. I recall days when Horizons was little more than a beta, and many of us kept recreating ourselves as the land prepared to reveal itself to the world. That day came and, well, there was much left to be desired. Still, we continued on. Through countless crashes, bugs, reinstalls, glitches, broken quests and so on. I have gone to other games and I find my mind gently returning here from time to time. Why?

The people.

There is no other reason. Istaria has the most closely-knit and thoughtful community of any realm. I do not know what the land is like now, but I recall when this world felt like it was led by the people, and we had a say with what happened to it. It was indeed our home. Stories weaved that endured the test of time, and friendships that will last even longer. On a personal note from me, there was a time when I had to leave Istaria. I sat in my living room, trying to see through tears as I explained what was happening. I felt that I was losing my friends. People who had never met me in reality, but nonetheless meant the world to me. That is not a feeling I take lightly.

Does anyone ever truly leave Istaria? Our subscriptions may end and the server population may dwindle but, Istaria is, and forever shall be...home.
    Carinde "Demigoddess" Ryder
    Citizen of Order, Axe & Anvil Guild

That's how it is... the people, because it always takes just one or two fools to whisper it into my ears and I'll likely make my way back, forgetting all the rather solid reasons for leaving in the first place. Sadly for Istaria though... I last about a month, MAYBE 2... and then I'm back to doing other things and telling those whispers to STFU and get away from me. =P

I love the place, really do, but I'm afraid I'm only in love with the memories of what I once had. I'll never find those again, I'm afraid, and rarely do when I do return on occasion. =(

Does anyone ever truly leave Istaria?
    No.

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I would have to say no...

Started playing at launch, but I will was quite frustrated...

But then I came back a year later and stayed for several years...

Left again when I moved back to Alaska but once I had a decent internet connection came back...

Yes, left again when ESO came out...

Maybe its the fact Horizons/Istaria was my very first MMO, maybe it is the Dragons, or more than likely the community and players that make Istaria so hard to forget for I have yet to find a game that has such a dedicated and pleasant player-base that isn't all about elitism.

Yes...I am coming back again...how long or how dedicated I will be I don't yet know. The winds that fill my sails are constantly blowing me in several different directions at the same time and I still haven't mastered the art of seeing the future...

But I am coming back for a time...

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

I think the question should be reversed, there is far more players with fond memories of Istaria who check back and then don't come back because of the outdated graphics/engine etc, although they did feel an impulse to do so (hence the checking back)

Istaria, for me is a community I always come back to. I may be away for a year or 2 then I come back for an unspecified amount of time. When I leave its never because I have any issues, its usually because I overdid it and need a break. Its been this way with me since I started at launch in 2003 on the Energy Server till now. I usually keep up on things, check the forums on occasion. I am actually mulling over returning again as I have been inactive for about 2 years. The only trouble is usually finding those that I played with my previous tenure. With that, hopefully I see you all in game soon.
    In and Out of Istaria/Horizons since December 2003

Thread Information