Thread: Istaria is crashing my comp

Default Istaria is crashing my comp

Ok, running all the latest updates, i.e. win7 and graphics drivers. Sometimes I can play for 40 minutes, sometimes 5...but eventually my computer shuts off. This only happens when I am playing Istaria. I have a Sony Vaio (i7, 4g ram, Nvidia 250M video card). I have tried changing the compatibility settings to all of the Win XP. My desktop power supply blew and took my motherboard with it so this is all I have at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and if so, how did you fix it?

Default Re: Istaria is crashing my comp

I have this on my laptop.. what i figured out was my Graphics card/laptop is overheating (although my lappy is old)..dunno if yours is the same problem but that was mine

I do not know to be honest. The laptop is only 4 years old and has a video card with 1g of ram on it...I have it sitting on a 3 fan cooling pad too. I guess I will try to turn the game graphics down...lol. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    I do not know to be honest. The laptop is only 4 years old and has a video card with 1g of ram on it...I have it sitting on a 3 fan cooling pad too. I guess I will try to turn the game graphics down...lol. Thanks for the reply.

heh mines for years old too but it was prematurely aged in afghan

Afghanistan Which branch of service?

I played last night for a couple of hours with no problems...until I tried to go full screen, then crash. Think I will just keep it at a small window. And my vid card is an Nvidia 425M not 250...I guess its because the game isn't optimized or something. I can play ESO on high settings and not have any problems at all. It doesn't seem like the 'exhaust' is all that hot, at least not as hot as when playing ESO.

4gigs of ram sounds a little low as windows 7 uses up 2 gigs to run, if your laptop supports it, go to 8 gigs and things should get better.

Check here http://www.crucial.com/ and run their system scanner to see how much ram your system can handle, they will give recommendations on what will be good for you, use it as a shopping list.

Thread Information