Thread: Plot holder sub: count square area, note hole plot

Default Plot holder sub: count square area, note hole plot

Greets folks.
    I think, what about count m2 (or m3 for lairs) instead of hole plot?
    Then 1 sub = biggest plot, and you can buy 1 biggest, or 2 small (or even 3 tinny) plots at a time.
    At present small plots alwais abbandoned - no reason waist sub on lesser plot (only few can buy this for pure idea)
    And Istaria can looks a bit less abbandoned, with most plots used.

I'm not plotholder, so sorry, if this sounds as madness.
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Default Re: Plot holder sub: count square area, note hole plot

you know, I actually really like this idea!

sure, I like having a nice large plot, but there's only so many large ones, and most of them are out of the way of everything else. But I would LOVE to have 2 smaller plots, one being kind of usefull, and the other being completely decorative.

If I remember correctly there's 3 kinds of lair sizes that kinda switch and swap around a bit, as for plots there's plenty, but I think most common was the 80x80 if I'm not mistaken....then again it's been AAAGES since I last did any plot building.

One beauty of this idea - two small plots for a plot holder sub - is that Istaria would look "more lived in" - a subtle attraction to "newbies".

Knossos

Not a bad idea. Then maybe some of the plots near resources (in empty areas) can have someone build something with at least an Expert Machine/Public Silos for others (and themselves) to use, and leaving another plot where they like to hang out.

The only downside would be if this game got had a flood of people then not many plots remaining to buy. But looking at the recent past, not likely to make a huge impact if that were to happen. Worst case scenario, can go back to current method and figure out a way for those with 2 or more plots sell back one of them; a buy back program maybe, hehe
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Some dev input on this would be awesome!

Cegaiel, I can not tel alot about chaos, how many plots still free, but what I saw - alot of.
    and hmm, yes, plot programms changes already, and if overflooding happens, it can be changeg, I think
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

I like the idea.

Each plot holder sub could grant at minimum 1 plot (of any size), or multiple plots as long as total volume is equal to or less than x amount of volume (square feet), or for lairs less than x amount of cubed volume.

The only issue I forsee is including lairs in this. Since they would need to use a different volume, it might not be so easy to include them in the calculation. And really, lairs are all of decent size, and probably don't need included. I would be completely fine with this being implemented solely for biped plots. That's where the game really needs some decoration. I suppose lair volume could be calculated, then cube rooted, then squared, so that it approximates the surface area calc used in biped plots... or the volume could just be given a pre-defined surface volume equivalent. It's probably possible.

But I do really like this idea for biped plots. Would be fun to buy some baby plot on lesser aradoth just for decorative purposes.

Guaran, well, as I understand, anyway plots filled with blocks=min building size, as lair is.
    then we can count number of such blocks (squar for plot, cube for lair)
    Greedy dragon

I have to agree with Guaran - this seems like it could work well for plots but ends up becoming too complicated when lairs are factored in. I like the idea for sure, would be great to see Istaria's settlements come to life

Tzael, as a dragon, I'm disagry with naka-prefference ofcorse, but sure, plots only better then nothing
    Greedy dragon

I've thought about ways to do biped plots as well... an alternative that may be easier to program would be to allow one free small (size to be determined by the dev's) plot for any paying sub. We know they have some programming already since we could have 'free' plots last year during the anniversary celebration.

But the below proposal would work for me as well - I'd love to have a second 'fun' plot however it works for the devs. And having more populated plots around would be great - l hate seeing huge areas of vacant land

sooooooo love this idea .. MAJOR BUMPAGE .. though I'm sure there's some tinkering going on with this .. I feel it in my disks !
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Thread Information