Thread: What if Istaria had a TeamSpeak 3 server

Lightbulb What if Istaria had a TeamSpeak 3 server

For those that dont know what TeamSpeak is a voice communication program. Its a bit like Skype but with servers and chat rooms/channels designed for 2 to 120+ people in it. You can have channels like raid rooms, guild channels MP, Lobby, Afk lobby,party groups etc. http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2012...mspeak-3-tips/ Im guessing this can do better explaining at it.

My experience with Team Speak

Ive been using team speak for about 6 months and i love it. My Guild introduced it to me on Guild Wars and ive been having alot of fun with them on TeamSpeak and its also very helpful cause theres this really huge guild on guild wars that always has these raids and if you dont know what your doing they'll explain it in there teamspeak server to 100+ people

Please share your thoughts on this

By the way i may or may not be coming back to istaria this month i dont know at the moment or ill just make a new free account cause Guild wars being no monthly thing makes me look at this like "my gods this is expensive!"
    My dragon scroll :O

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: What if Istaria had a TeamSpeak 3 server

I've used it a little bit I think for a guild I was in when people actually spoke for a while, but not so much anymore. Personally I'd find it awesome to be able to speak to other Istarians, though I wonder if there would be different channels for different shards.. and if so, how quiet Blight and Order would get.

The first time I used a voice communication program was about 10 years ago, and I've used one ever since in every game I've played besides this one...Teamspeak, Ventrilo, Mumble...take your pick. Typing is a pain!

Teamspeak server would be nice indeed i mostly use skype with friends but a teamspeak server to hang on would be cool, but yeah the chats in istaria would likely be really quiet... but if devs are willing to put money into a teamspeak server i gladly donate for its upkeep aslong as people are civilised and not acting bad towards one another.

Always been a fan of voice chatting myself. Personally I prefer mumble, but I'm fine with overall consensus and as the one not planning to host/pay for it, it's totally up to whom ever hosts it really

I've had experience with all three. Mumble is the newest, and although TeamSpeak (and probably Ventrilo) have been improved, I preferred Mumble. It just seemed a bit easier to set up, and the automatic level controls a bit more effective, and I thought Mumble's clarity was best of the three.

All of them pretty much required Push-to-Talk to minimize breathing and other extraneous sounds.
    Costs seemed pretty low...

Just about all the guilds I've been in the last few years offer it, and some make its use a membership requirement.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information