Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk to the Team: Biped Construction Schools

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Biped Construction Schools

Not sure where all the hate is coming from. Schools level faster when changed to primary skill. Miner/Gatherer level rate is unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by damger View Post
    I'm not in favor of this proposed change. I especially don't like the justification for the change being a comparison between bi-ped and dragon schools being the basis of the change. There is just too great a risk of unintended consequences when comparing a multi-school system (bi-ped construction) versus a single school system (dragon construction).
    Not sure what made you think this was a dragon vs biped thing. It's not.

Right now I like having the choice of switching between miner/gatherer and a construction school or just staying in the construction school while harvesting resources and creating building parts. There are times I want to take advantage of this choice when I want to emphasize leveling miner/gatherer. Then there are times I don't (like when building for coin) and wish to have all the exp applied to the construction school. Please don't limit my choices in this regard.
    Your construction schools would level faster if they changed it.

That said, if you want to better equalize the exp gain for bi-peds in comparison with dragons, then, 1) introduce more community construction projects, AND, 2) reintroduce exp/coin quests with the construction trainers like the old days.
    The only thing that brough up the exp equalizations was comparisons of one biped structure vs another biped structure. There are some wildly varying exp amounts given depending on the structure.

The last thing I want to see is a move towards a dragon-like single construction school system for bi-peds. Bi-ped lore just won't support it, if you get my drift. Bi-peds are naturally multi-discipline creatures if given the choice.
    Again, not what this is or ever was about.

The very first school given the Primal skill treatment was a biped school, Confectioner. Then Lairshaper, Scholar (pretty sure during the revamp), and finally Crystalshaper.

You get about triple or quad the exp to apply items with this method, it more than makes up for the missing exp from the smelting, stoneworking, etc. I know I went from 85 to 100 DLSH just finishing a T5 Hall. 1 Building. At least I was actually building something.

All that said, The existing layout has been in place for 12 years. Don't see why the biped schools need to be made easier at this point. Just fix the Human Clock Towers' crazy exp (probably needs lowered by 75% to make it match the rest of the structures) and be done with it. Dev time would likely be better spent on new quests/lore/epic spells, etc.

I agree with above post that Dev time could be used other ways. I love the biped crafting. It's not broken. There could be more uses for the cloth tapestries and bolts, perhaps, but that's all I can see that's wrong. So, how about, after ALL this Time, some Tier 6 techniques? That might make crafters happy.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

I agree there should be Tier 6 Techniques. Improvements and changes can be used in other places than here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    I agree with above post that Dev time could be used other ways. I love the biped crafting. It's not broken. There could be more uses for the cloth tapestries and bolts, perhaps, but that's all I can see that's wrong. So, how about, after ALL this Time, some Tier 6 techniques? That might make crafters happy.
    I have never been particularly fond with changing the construction schools for the most part they work just fine (although making the structures worth the same amount I think is a step in the right direction). However my biggest concern atm is there sheer number of bugs that have crept in over the last 6 months. And (this might be presumptious) but I think I speak for the community at large when I request that time be focused in ironing out those before changing existing (none broken) content.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

We have gathered all the information on this particular topic we need, so closing the thread.

Thread Information