Thread: Fix /snr

Default Fix /snr

/snr seems to behave as the non existent /cnr command. In other words, /snr (Select Nearest Resource) behaves like a cycle.

I have a hotkey of:
    1) Text Command: /snr
    2) Action Command: Gather

I would expect if i run and stand beside a node, that I should immediately start harvesting the resource I'm standing beside (nearest to), when I click this hotkey. But sometimes I will attempt to harvest a farther away node (and sometimes its too far away to harvest). So this command behaves like a cycle nearest node, not a select nearest node.

But I can keep clicking the hotkey and it starts targeting the nearest resource, then the next farthest away nearest resource, then back and forth (cycling). It cycles the two nearest nodes. I'm not getting the intended behavior like I would expect when using this. Select nearest node should be simply, the nearest node nearest you, no matter how many times you click hotkey or issue /snr

Please make it so /snr only targets the nearest node, no matter what (eliminate how it cycles the two nearest nodes).

While I kind of like the cycling, if you want to do that, then please create a new slash command /cnr (Cycle Nearest Resource).

I actually feel, you should just simply rename /snr and create/overwrite it to a new command of /cnr.

Then fix the current /snr to where it doesn't cycle.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 18th, 2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Fix /snr

have you installed something special? or use some special res? because I can not use nor /snr never /cnr
    "no command or macro" on both
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Same here Krinharth, though when it did work for me (several months and several patches back) it did function as Cegaiel described.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    have you installed something special? or use some special res? because I can not use nor /snr never /cnr
    "no command or macro" on both
    Hi, nothing special, this is a standard command. If you are getting no macro found when typing /snr then means you have an outdated copy (likely from a mod) of Commands_Player.def somewhere in your resources_override folder.

If you were to open the standard copy (with notepad) of /resources/Commands_Player.def and do a Ctrl+F and search for SNR you will see it there. Now try to find the copy of Commands_Player.def in your resources_override and repeat. You should notice that SNR is not in there. The copy that resides in your resources_override, is overriding the good copy and preventing that command from working because its missing.

Any idea of what mod included that old copy of Commands_Player.def in your resources_override folder?
    If by chance you think this is from the /setscale command (Test it out, does typing /setscale in your chat give a macro now found)? If it does not give that error, then you do have a copy of Commands_Player.def that includes the special /setscale command. Maybe that's the one giving the problems. If this is the case, grab this and replace it: http://istariareference.com/mirror/MOD_SetScale.zip . This zip only contains one file, Commands_Player.def in it.

But I'm just taking a wild guess, you might have some other mod installed that had an old copy of that too. Choices are to delete it, overwrite it with a good copy or edit it and copy/paste any missing commands from the good copy.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Cegaiel, thanx, it lelps
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16594&dateline=140663  6576
    Greedy dragon

Thread Information