Thread: Chaos attacks bugged?

Question Chaos attacks bugged?

Hi everyone ^^

Just wondering if more then me has these problems:

1. Dragon reach takes long before being cast, when cast it goes twice but only the second time counts.

2. Some mobs 1 hit me, even if I am fully buffed and with shield of gold and shield of watcher on. Tried to take Attos today, went well for half the fight until he one hit me and a friend to death. Also blight hounds one hit us when fully buffed. I know they can be hard and slowly working you hp down, but 1 hit seems a little much, especially since I am fully buffed.

3. Wen you die and recall. Then go to tavern and buy food I am not able to eat it because it says I am still in combat. I need to relog for this to go away.

Ty for any answer! ^^

//Shashy Cain

Default Re: Chaos attacks bugged?

1. I believe that has to do with a pre-delay timer they added to the Spring Festival 2013 patch.

Patch Notes: Dragon's Reach ability now has a 60 second recycle for all tiers and has been given a 2.50 pre-delay instead of a 5.0 post-delay.

The Bitter Wind release, on April, 2014, did shorten the casting time slightly, though.

I think its just part of the visual effect. When you cast it, it looks like its casting, but its really not, until the delay is up. Then the "second" cast is when its actually casting.

I don't care for it either, I like how it used to be an instant cast

2. Hmm, not sure about Attos. But the Blight Hounds did incorrectly have a boost they shouldn't have had. I haven't fought them since the Live Delta 262 patch on Sept 2, 2014.

Patch Notes: Blight Hounds no longer get a 250% boost to damage, now have an Aura of Blight surrounding them, no longer receive Lightning Claws or Stunning Blow. Instead, they get Stunning Strike, which is a slower version of Stunning Blow.

Maybe it didn't get fixed correctly? Anyone else care to take on a few Blight Hounds and see? But we fought them a week before the patch, and a group of 3 Ancients was getting wiped out left and right from those hounds

3. That bug has been around as long as I can remember. There is a way to get rid of that message though. I forgot which one (or maybe either will work). Either cast a buff on yourself, or a heal spell. That should take you out of combat, so you can eat.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 21st, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I tried fighting blight hounds after the patch that removed their 250% damage boost and found them to still be grossly overpowered for a mob of their rating. Survival time went from a couple of seconds before the patch, to around 10 seconds after the patch despite using a lot of slash resist/ward. Stuns had no effect on them when I tested after the fix. In my opinion the blight hounds are stupidly overpowered, we still haven't been given a justifiable explanation of why they were changed from being a challenging mob, to being a waste of time. It's not like they drop any useful loot other than a quest item.

I talked to Lovwyrm about this the other day. The issue is two-fold: 1) They have high health, which will be lowered quite a bit in the next patch. 2) They now have armor and resistances, which they didn't before. When fighting them, you'll need to discover which damage types work best against them (there are two that are significantly more powerful than the others).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That will be a good start, with the lower health. But I'm still hearing people saying they get killed by them in 2 swats, and they are 3.9k health which is pretty high. So even if they discover the 2 hidden damage types, it won't really matter, if they die in 2 swats. Same person said their previous attempt (1st DP) was a whole 5 hits before they died... Please look at some more numbers to tweak. I refuse to test this, because I know know the are a Venus Fly Trap in disguise and I am a fly. These mobs shouldn't be that difficult based on there rating. As an Ancient Dragon, I seem to have as equal chance to killing Valkor by myself than these Blighted Hounds ...

I'm giving testimony from a vet player, not someone who just had bad luck twice.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

hmm- the damage they did was not the problem here anymore-
    (using Vestia, Alaha`s and breezes)
    but the crazy hp they have- and that they are so social (not sure if they have been that way before)
    So here is what I found out:
    Only a stong Lunus- using potions can solo a blight hound-if amor and resistances are known.
    2 dragons should be able too (for Flame and me np)
    Potions , biped buffs and a quiet place for the fight (not near or on the street if possible) make a big difference.
    Having a healer with you solves the prob too.

As the Blight Hounds deliver the pieces (forgot the correct word) for the Ceremonial Chest Scale,
    its ok for me that they are harder to get down now. But still a bit too hard atm.

Could not get a powerful full group together until now-so all attempts to kill Faffy ended up with dp.
    As usual he has at least one companion- invincible it seems.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; September 21st, 2014 at 06:53 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

ok- just tried again with my Lunus- np for her- never in danger to die- using only potions no biped buffs.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thank you all for you time to answer this! ^^

ok- just tried again with my Lunus- np for her- never in danger to die- using only potions no biped buffs.
    O yes they sometimes aren't a problem for me either, to me it just seems random if I am going to die by a blight hound or not. First try with a friend we both died, second time I attacked the beginning part myself and it went very well, my friend then joined the fight at it was easily killed. Then at the third try we were three ancients and all three almost died xD
    Either I am way off my game lately or something's up ^^

That bug has been around as long as I can remember. There is a way to get rid of that message though. I forgot which one (or maybe either will work). Either cast a buff on yourself, or a heal spell. That should take you out of combat, so you can eat.
    O gosh thank you! I must try this the next time I have to eat, beats re-logging XD

I don't mind hard fights at all, where you almost die. It is fun to be given a challenge but a 1 hit seems a little unfair, it is only that I don't really like knowing I might not even have a chance XD
    But of they stay like this I guess I will experiment and try to find ways so defeat 1 with myself or a friend.

Thread Information