Thread: New lair room: the Gate room

Lightbulb New lair room: the Gate room

Here's my idea:

This could be a T6 room and there should be one gate room per lair only, the Helian one should provide a Helian gate and the Lunus room a Lunus gate (obviously).

This gate should be usable by the lair owner only and could lead to the main cities, Bristugo included, for free.

To build this room, a permit could be required (like vault, pawnbroker, consigner and tavern), in addition to special component(s):
    a new quest line could be created, available at lvl 100 Lairshaper, given by the Lairshaper trainer who could send the player to Nielenoss the Dragon Tinkerer, as building a portal is a tinkerer work.

Any suggestion that can complement this idea is welcome.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Default Re: New lair room: the Gate room

I think a travel gate was supposed to be a part of the t6 grand hall... something "extra" was promised, but never actually materialized. (see old posts by david bowman or some other dev).

A buildable teleporter would be nice though. Perhaps the teleporter room could require a "permit", like the tavernkeeper, pawn, etc permits. Obtaining the permit could be big gold, or handed out by dev's as they are made available. (such as factoring in the nearest pre-existing teleporter to the desired place, maybe keep them spread out or whatever is needed to make sure they don't overload the server).

Could even have a limited selection of destinations, if that makes it more feasible. Such as Dralk, Chiconis, and Bristugo only.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Love the idea but it's been suggested and denied already for technical reasons I think, to let you know. I'd fetch a link to refer to it but it's kind of late here. ^^;

Sorry, no can do. Travel Gates can't be dynamically placed. They have to exist on the server when it starts up. We could do a chamber with a non-functioning gate but not one with an actual working gate.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information