Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mysterious Aura of Blight

Default Mysterious Aura of Blight

is attacking in random places. Heard people say it killed them while afk in crafting places,away from any mobs. Its killing new people too because they cant heal fast enough. What is this? What causes it? I had the dot twice in ED so it didnt make me suspicious but in most cases people get it on random occasions,usually when not fighting monsters.

Default Re: Mysterious Aura of Blight

Sounds like the ghost of Fafnir is wandering the lands... getting his revenge.

Maybe there's a new contagion in the lands of Istaria... I'm reminded of fun times when someone would forget to cleanse themselves after a battle in ED, recall to a town and inadvertently spread chain-lightning to all the other players Then of course there was the unforgettable events surrounding the spread of Zymosis Morbidae...

Might be something new interesting and fun, but might also just be a bug!

Two people in my guild got hit in NT out in front of the mine where the sandstone is. The younger player died the other had enough health. Yes it sounds like something SOG casts out in ED but in NT? hmmm I ran out to NT to try to locate and study it but, had no luck finding it around the SS field.

Aura of Blight is an AoE aura that Blight Hounds have on them. However, its an aura that only hits players within 40m of the hound and that effect is simply a DoT. I know of no way it could impact players not near a blight hound, nor can it be spread from player to player.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

well we have cases of it appearing in NT,drift point,ED and probably more :]

Azath and me reported that in the thread about the blight hounds-gotten hit by it from long distance and not infight.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

40 meters is the range. Even if you can't see them and aren't in combat, you can get hit by it if you are in range. The other, honestly, I looked at it after I saw this thread and it simply has no mechanism to move from player to player. Its a buff on the blight hound that is an aura and functions like any other aura in the game, except that it targets enemies not friendlies.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

did not know that Amon, thy for info- nice feature:-)
    (I even think they caught me in the air)

Invisible mobs have roamed around before... killing players or puffing debuffs on them. The event to free/rebuild Feledan had them, got me a couple times.

I got hit from this just a little bit outside of Delgarath (near one Dung Pile).

Let me look into my logs...

twice within 1 hour on 10/04/14. I was fighting only a Dung Pile

Same on 09/27/14, also on Dung Pile.

Interestingly my log doesn't show that I got any damage out of this. It only says "Aura of Blight effect has faded."
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

I noticed no screenshots where in here yet, and it just happened to pop on me while at the lake of crystal tears, so I screened it pretty quickly and made a run for it.
    horizons_1414855871.jpg
    although it's not visible here, I never recieved any messages about being afflicted by it, or it proccing the damage, however, it definately does proc, as I recieved 100+ damage a few times in that minute.

-Edit
    I noticed that as I recalled to Kion, it dissapeared, even before it's timer was over.
    Also, I noticed that it's called Aura of Blight Effect, debuffs from enemies are usually just the name, without effect being added to it...so this is really weird.

That is the name of the effect that the Aura gives - Aura of Blight effect. I looked at it again and it most definitely is only given out by the Aura of Blight aura. And that only exists on the Blight Hounds.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    That is the name of the effect that the Aura gives - Aura of Blight effect. I looked at it again and it most definitely is only given out by the Aura of Blight aura. And that only exists on the Blight Hounds.
    Any idea why we're getting it at Dalimond Peninsula, Lesser Aradoth and even New Trismus of all places then?

... A i ...^^

It's said that the ghost of Tiatha the Fallen roams the ocean depths, searching. Always searching. Someone swimming or fishing got too close... and now she has found her way out of the murky depths to haunt those who are alive, living happy lives. Her jealousy has consumed her. Once she roamed the lands near Dalimond but was banished... If she has returned...

We'll since this effect only comes from blight hounds and everyone is reporting them from places where blight hounds don't roam, then the answer is obvious. I can't believe nobody has come to the conclusion yet...WE ARE ALL FREAKING LOSING IT! We're nut jobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post
    I can't believe nobody has come to the conclusion yet...
    You're not suggesting a bug are you? Surely you jest! I like Guaran's idea better
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Kida

Wanted to come contribute my own little tale!

I left Kidakat (Order) AFK in the New Trismus flax fields. I come back and she's still sitting there, totally normal. Okay. I walk to the nearest flax plant, try to gather. Nothing happens, no messages in chat. Wth? I notice my cargo disk didn't follow me either. This is where things are kinda weird, so I scroll up through my chat to find:
    [11/12/14 13:49:06] Aura of Blight effect has faded.
    [11/12/14 13:49:06] Your cargo disk is now on the ground at your current location.
    [11/12/14 13:49:06] Since you are less than rating 20, no death point applied.

So she caught the aura of blight, died, but was not actually dead, since I could still walk around. XD

My theory is that there are Blight Hounds floating underneath the terrain, popping out to spook unsuspecting, low-level characters and then leaving them to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    My theory is that there are Blight Hounds floating underneath the terrain, popping out to spook unsuspecting, low-level characters and then leaving them to die.
    I'm guessing it's a blight mole then? :P

Thread Information