Thread: Rollback??

Mark

Default Rollback??

Community: Unity Reboot 24/11/2004 [22:48 CET] Unity is currently being restored and restarted to address an unexpected database Issue.Restored = rollback??? PLZ NOOOOO [:'(]

Default Re: Rollback??

Rollback from the looks of it.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Jaelle_earth

nobody knows that! stop spreading rumors without facts.

Valfreyja

I think it's best to beprepared for a small rollback.

Well, we know for pretty certain that the Esh we killed for a hatchie's RoP won't be counting... his quest didn't even update. It is pretty safe bet that the last 10-15 minutes (at the very least) before reboot did not count towards anything.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Please stop saying Rollback [:'(]

hahahahahaha *hysterical laugh* , I created a new char to see if I would get interested in game again before my account runs out; rollback kinda borks that if it's a long one since I lvled this new char by buying up trophies with Taynn's cash[:S] more *hysterical laughter, nervess twitch, sobs*[li]

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

[[23:32 CET] Unity is restarting and should be up again in 30-4 minutes. We had to perform a short rewind back to server time 22:30 CET in order to bypass the database issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.]

Seems there was a 18 min rollback...not too bad
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Robi

[23:32 CET] Unity is restarting and should be up again in 30-4 minutes. We had to perform a short rewind back to server time 22:30 CET in order to bypass the database issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

Robi

u beat me to it

Rollback, yes....

[23:32 CET] Unity is restarting and should be up again in 30-4 minutes. We had to perform a short rewind back to server time 22:30 CET in order to bypass the database issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

But again, the short reaction time and the promised fast recovering with a explained state is something i highly appreciate.

Communication seems now fast and good.

Jaelle_earth

okay now thats 45 minutes of rollback... bad but not worse then i expected, ill lose 100-150 mapletimbers i created but i can live with that...

to speak positive forGN i have to admit i like the idea that they are doing regular backups of the database while the game is running... when i remember how it was at the beginning when they did backup once a day... if there was a rollback you lost a whole day so i will consider this issue now a minor glitch :)

Tyreal2012

seems they learnt their lessons from the server crashes pre merge

oh yeah old thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelle_earth

okay now thats 45 minutes of rollback... bad but not worse then i expected, ill lose 100-150 mapletimbers i created but i can live with that...

to speak positive forGN i have to admit i like the idea that they are doing regular backups of the database while the game is running... when i remember how it was at the beginning when they did backup once a day... if there was a rollback you lost a whole day so i will consider this issue now a minor glitch :)
    No, it was shut down at 22:48 so its 18 Minutes roll back maximum, but most realized something is wrong already some minutes earlier so it shouldn't kick in much.
    @GN: And thanks for the fast response. 6 Minutes after the topic was realized ingame the reboot happened + the information, nice. :)

Horizons Empire

aanother rollback?? another crash?? what is happenion here?
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

SmallFluffyBunny

i lost 400k exp :)

Thread Information