Thread: Some requests

Default Some requests

Could there please be an option to toggle the resource names and the turning to a resource when harvesting?
    The turning is a bit disorienting.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Default Re: Some requests

The names I think not. The turning I believe is in your options tab under options. Find where it says FREE MOVEMENT. Try checking that box or unchecking it. Blue bobble > Options > Options (Free Movement).

The feature where your avatar automatically turns and faces resources is a new feature added last live client 386.58. I think Korchak misunderstood, I don't believe that option affects the auto-turn feature.

There are two ways to remove the floating names above resources.

Method #1:
    The fastest way (but with a side effect) is to either create a hotkey with the following TEXT commands (or can be typed directly into the chat bar):

Disable Floating names:
    /setpref displayFloatingNames false

Enable Floating names:
    /setpref displayFloatingNames true

The side effect is that not only will it turn off the floating names above the resources, but also floating names above your own head, other PC's. Not 100% sure, but probably turn them off above mobs and/or NPCs.

Method #2 (Prefered) is with a mod. I whipped you up a quick zip file at http://istariareference.com/mirror/M...s_Disabled.zip

Just unzip that to your main game folder. You should see two files (object_resource_collide.ent and object_resource_nocollide.ent) located in your resources_override/resources/entities folder if you unzipped it correctly.

This mod will only remove floating names above resources. It will not affect floating names above PC or NPCs (like Method #1 does).

---------------------------
    That's just something you can do in the meantime, if the floating names really bother you, but I actually find them quite useful. We used to have to use another mod to actually get floating names (recently added to game this year). See this thread to see how the floating names worked its way into the game

But that is a good suggestion, to have some sort of toggle for them, maybe in the options
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thank you both for the help!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Thread Information