Thread: Title Abilities

Default Title Abilities

As I came back two weeks ago, I'd been very happy getting rid of alle the emblems, and getting an ability, and some even give a bonus. After a closer look, I think it needs some tweaking. According to this chart at Istaria Reference:

• There are only three titles giving dragon related bonus: Crystal-Smasher, Helians Protector and The Shatterer, all of low level quests.
    • A lot of titles adding bonus to biped related skills: one/two hand crush, one/two hand slash, one hand pierce
    • None for Bow/Crossbow (could be added f.e. to Wolf Hunter), Unarmed and Shield
    • Some titles around that aren't easy to get, giving no bonuses, like Unsung Hero, but most of those killing 100 here and there give a bonus, that's not logic to me.
    • None of the Expert Craftings, Master Builder nor Grand Master Crafter giving some bonus, adding some to the related skills, at least for the Expert ones would be nice - including the dragon craftings.

I really like this new system of titles, I just think it needs little improvements, would add some extra joy to gain all those.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Title Abilities

Good ideas.

The Lore titles, which involve collecting the Dragon Journals, could give dragon related boosts.

All of the Damage adding titles, should be giving delay-adjusted added damage. Otherwise they are all worthless save for the myloc bane title, which does delay adjust its added damage.

What does delay adjustment do?

It makes the added damage the same across all of the weapon types.

A dagger with 20 delay will hit twice as many times as a sword with 40 delay. When added damage (whether it is from a tech, title, or weapon crystal) is delay adjusted, it takes into account the timing differences. So the sword, when adding damage from one of the above mentioned sources, will add twice the amount as the dagger. The dagger on the other hand gets twice as many chances over time, because it is a faster weapon. This means that over time, the added damage from a delay adjusted source, is the same amount for bot the dagger user or the sword user. Over time they add the same damage.

All the newer weapon crystals are broke in the way. They provide unfair extra damage to low delay weapons, or (actually) only half the added damage they should add in high delay weapons. In a 50 delay axe for example, damage should be 2.5x the base that would apply for a 20 delay weapon (the fastest out there). Old weapon crystals are properly delay adjusted (see sizzling beveled stone, icy faceted stone, etc. for examples). The newer ones like radiant arsonists crystal (whatever the name is), do not delay adjust.

Fix all the delay adjust issues please. In the titles and the crystals. And add more buffs as Terao suggested.

Yeah I like how the more time sink titles don't give a bonus.

Unsung Hero, Imperial Sell Sword, GMC.
    rip

Te be fair, the sell sword and unsung hero I believe both some from the questline that gives Hero's Resolve. Which is pretty nice.

But maybe those 2 could have some buff like +50 evasion or something different (since we have an array of damage adding titles already.)

Just wanted to add something similar, but there is also no +Unarmed title/emblem. Right now there exists the Monk questline that does Way of Fire/Ice/Storm. Way of Fire/Ice gives a neat little ability, but then Way of the Storm gives a title with no buffs. It the last in the line, and you have to kill 10 of each of multiple types of Blights in ED, which tend to cluster together, making it pretty difficult...and then you just get a title with no added buff.

I feel like this would be an easy place to add a +Unarmed +damage buff, without having to add in any quests. Just an idea.

Thread Information