Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Redesign Token

Default Re: Character Redesign Token

Appearance changes in-game have been something we wanted to do for a while, but I am unsure of the technical hurdles involved but I know they are not simple and straight-forward. The idea was to return a player to the character creation hall, but that required visiting it while in-game (you actually aren't in-game when you create a character) and locking the other races. I think the mechanism for getting a player back there was also troublesome. Don't know what became of it. Sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You could do a service like a token system on launcher.

You use the token, it brings up a prompt.

You can enter in or click through similar to that creation hall the numbers you want for your features. The sliders could be there too. Then you click OK, and it will change your character! You wouldn't have to be in game, so no worry of porting around, it would be done all in the launcher, similar to renaming token.

SQL query, wam bam, sent, received, done.

It keeps your characters logged out, so no in game session, and you don't need to necessarily render the changes. The player would tool around on the new character creation screen to know what features they wanted, and then copy it as such. It's a hack job, but it seems easier than trying to make a live feedback version purely in game. Think most players who play this game have accustomed to some jimmy rigging of sorts.
    rip

I would love to see an 'appearance adjustment' system for all of the reasons already posted above by everyone .. any extra cash flow for the company has to be useful and if the many suggestions above can be workable to allow a ' barber shop ', token buying system ..my dear draggy would be adjusted extremely fast to what I now know would be a very cool look ../grin

big BIG thumbs up if it's workable dev-wise ..
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

This is something the technical team has done the design and planning work on and believes we can introduce appearance change (not race-change) as a client feature, perhaps in 2015.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is something the technical team has done the design and planning work on and believes we can introduce appearance change (not race-change) as a client feature, perhaps in 2015.
    Excellent news Amon .. looking forward to it whenever there's the time it can be inserted into the busy schedule.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Ah! I would love to see this added. There have been a some things I've wanted to change in my character's appearances. Great news!
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Since it's halfway through the year currently, I was curious to know if there are any dev updates on the character redesign front? ^^

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

*smiles and winks*
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Ah-ha! its coming!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    *smiles and winks*
    *should really get to work on those new markings and other stuff she has planned*

No plan survives first contact!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Hamsters are making incredible progress...

..lol the cat. hurray!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

To confirm: The character redesign system and token is 100% complete, working and ready to go. The devs want to wait until delta 280 hits the Live shards (currently on Blight) before making it available. Those on live shards wouldn't be able to take advantage of the new tints for dragons until then anyways, as they not only rely on new files (client), but new database entries (delta).

They're hoping there aren't any issues, but looking to get it to Live this month as well. There is a big hardware upgrade happening this month, too, so it's a very busy month.

Incredible!!! This is something I've been waiting for for so long aaah! Amazing work devs!

The text needs to be fixed (the first "appearance" is double, the second is missing a "r") "Change the appearance of a character".
    Besides great news on this
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

just out of curiosity, how much are you planning to have these tokens cost? or can we use loyalty tokens? just curious as If not too much, I`m planning to redesign a few of my characters when it becomes available

I hope I'm not posting wrong info (I should ask first) but pretty sure I know how it's going to work, so going out on a limb.

The appearance changes allows you to also change your name, too. You'll basically be kicked to the character creation window when you use the token. After changing your appearance, you'll go to next screen which will ask for a name (just like when you create a brand new character). If you want to keep your name, you'd enter your current character name, or if you want to change that, too, you can. So I believe its the same thing as the Name change token (probably new name of Character Appearance token) which is $4.95

---
    Ah, thanks for pointing out the typo, Terao!

But that feature will be priced or is there any possibility they will give 1 change free to everyone? I mean, they did that when they got up first time the name change token you had an free change on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazderan View Post
    But that feature will be priced or is there any possibility they will give 1 change free to everyone? I mean, they did that when they got up first time the name change token you had an free change on your account.
    actually, it was even more than that as I remember re-doing nearly every character's name on my account when it launched.

Thread Information