Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Character Redesign Token

Default Re: Character Redesign Token

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    To confirm: The character redesign system and token is 100% complete, working and ready to go. The devs want to wait until delta 280 hits the Live shards (currently on Blight) before making it available. Those on live shards wouldn't be able to take advantage of the new tints for dragons until then anyways, as they not only rely on new files (client), but new database entries (delta).

They're hoping there aren't any issues, but looking to get it to Live this month as well. There is a big hardware upgrade happening this month, too, so it's a very busy month.

As in a New engine and new grapics right? Was hearing this from somewhere and My im Mighty proud how far istaria has gotten.. Now.. lets hope people over 100 days old in there character gets a token.. I really want to redisign my dragon ^^ I looked at the Juvinal, adult and ancient selections and i just realized How flippen massive they are XD *claps proudly to the wonderful dev team*

BTW useing the token resets your Hotbars and such? if not Id want that feature in XD
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post

BTW useing the token resets your Hotbars and such? if not Id want that feature in XD
    If that happens I hope its optional. I like my hotbars and having them reset on every character I use a token on would get really annoying.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    As in a New engine and new grapics right?
    ...pretty sure it's not that. Not yet, lol. Changing an engine could take years if there are only few people working on it.. it's complex work.
    Also I'd be completely shocked if the teensy tiny art team overhauled Istaria's graphics in any less than a year.

Also hardware, not software... an engine update would be software, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by opaldragon View Post
    If that happens I hope its optional. I like my hotbars and having them reset on every character I use a token on would get really annoying.
    If it doesn't happen with your name changing currently, I severely doubt it with appearance. Your appearance is literally just a collection of files saved in the database I believe, changing that doesn't change anything locally. However if your name changes, your new name might not match up with your pref folder's name. You can fix that just by renaming your pref folder, though.

Just manually reset your hotkeys. There's a file in your prefs somewhere that I believe you can mess around with or delete, or just...place abilities in a different spot >.>

Its a hardware (server) upgrade, not software
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by opaldragon View Post
    I worded it wrong.. Like changing your last name it resets it >> i was trying to say I did not want those tokens to do that.. Its Annoying..
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Last name change wouldn't affect anything. It wouldn't undo your hotkeys, but changing first name would require you to rename your /prefs/<server>_PlayerFirstNameOld to /prefs/<server>PlayerFirstNameNew to restore your preferences and hotkeys. Thats a good point, I'll check with devs to see if that folder can be renamed automatically after an appearance change token is used and if the first name was changed.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Last name change wouldn't affect anything. It wouldn't undo your hotkeys, but changing first name would require you to rename your /prefs/<server>_PlayerFirstNameOld to /prefs/<server>PlayerFirstNameNew to restore your preferences and hotkeys. Thats a good point, I'll check with devs to see if that folder can be renamed automatically after an appearance change token is used and if the first name was changed.
    any news on whether players will be getting free tokens/limited time to revamp their characters for free?

I tend to crash at the end of character creation,how does that affect this special process?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I just successfully tested an update to character creation that should fix that sometimes crash at the end of character creation. The update is client release 388.116 and will be headed to Blight shortly.

Any ideas when character editing might be released? Out of curiosity!

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    I just successfully tested an update to character creation that should fix that sometimes crash at the end of character creation. The update is client release 388.116 and will be headed to Blight shortly.
    What a quick response!! Thank you.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Quote Originally Posted by Aekaitz View Post
    Any ideas when character editing might be released? Out of curiosity!
    As Cegaiel said here:
    To confirm: The character redesign system and token is 100% complete, working and ready to go. The devs want to wait until delta 280 hits the Live shards (currently on Blight) before making it available.
    This will be added in once the blight delta 280 hits the live shards. Which is.... ongoing currently I believe.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

is the character redesign system ready to use yet? I patched to Order after purrchasing a token, but the character creation window is blank. just an empty room. So I`m thinking it`s not been fully implemented yet. since it didn`t work, once it is active, will I still be able to edit the selected character? or will I need to buy another token? $9.95 is a bit much for me to have to pay out again right now, so if I need to submit a ticket, please let me know.

Chaos server isn't online yet.

I think we should wait for Chaos to be updated and see if they give us at least 1 free character redesign token, no problem with paying for new tokens, but I think they should give 1 to the oldest players for free.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by SuHuz View Post
    Chaos server isn't online yet.

I think we should wait for Chaos to be updated and see if they give us at least 1 free character redesign token, no problem with paying for new tokens, but I think they should give 1 to the oldest players for free.
    not just the oldest (hello elitism), I think most players that played before this update deserve (atleast 1) free character redesign tokens.

I'll bring up the character renaming again (and I will untill we get an official word on this), when that dropped we got free character renaming for a limited time, I think that would be best with this too.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    not just the oldest (hello elitism), I think most players that played before this update deserve (atleast 1) free character redesign tokens.
    This exactly. Also , while I don't mind waiting for chaos to come up, we dont need that kind elitism tyvm! It is quite offensive and has never done anything to help this game's player retention in any way what so ever.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Another question regarding these, why are they $10? I think I remember us being told they would be around $5, are they that expansive because it's basicly combined with a renaming token? heck drop that aspect and I might buy it, but $10 (in other words, 1month basic sub) for recreating 1(!) character, no thank you.

now I get that far from everyone has the same view on this, and I'm sure there's people that are willing to drop that for something like this, I'm just looking from a personal and general perspective.
    Last edited by meepsa; December 23rd, 2015 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    This exactly. Also , while I don't mind waiting for chaos to come up, we dont need that kind elitism tyvm! It is quite offensive and has never done anything to help this game's player retention in any way what so ever.
    Well... I think I misspoke...

I meant "at least to the oldest players" and by oldest players I meant players that have a high lvl character, it doesn't include players that are playing since the game was created only...

Otherwise, I have no problem with newly arrived gifted having a free redesign token
    Last edited by SuHuz; December 23rd, 2015 at 02:17 PM.
    SuHuz Fieryclaw, Grand Master Dragon Crafter (Order)

I think the devs gave up on the idea of gicing a token for free, as far as I see they only implemented the token by payment.

Thread Information